Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VRT - Payment Process

Options
  • 13-10-2008 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am collecting a 2005 A4 2.0 tdi on Friday from the UK and will be paying the VRT on the Monday morning. On the ros.ie website they have 2 identical cars models, one with 151 Co2, one with 156 Co2, the first one giving me a VRT total of 4K, the 2nd 5K.

What is the actual process of paying the VRT, If I walk in there with the ROS website print off of the 151 quote and have the forms filled out for the 151 with a bank draft for 4K, will they question it? Will they look at evidence to support the 151 quote, such as:

http://www.vcacarfueldata.org.uk/search/vehicleDetails.asp?id=18624

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Your best best is ring them and see which it is. In the mean time you can check a few places like http://www.parkers.co.uk/ to see what they say. It may well go on whats on the V5, if theres a figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

That say 153!!!, thanks for the site though, at least it is on the lower tax bracket.

I think the V5 says 156, Do they always look for the V5? or will they just take the log book?

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

I've just been through the process, and they took the co2 figure from the V5. They also would not let me pay the VRT there and then as they had to check with Rosslare for any optional extras. So no point in having a draft made out in advance. They also accept personal cheques so you may not need a draft at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yeah they can check with Audi/BMW and MB these days using the car's chassis number in order to see what factory extras were fitted to the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Interesting, Where do they drawn the line at extras? Is a front center armrest an extra? Is a mfsw an extra?

I have:

Reverse parking sensor
    Sunroof
    MFSW
    Metallic paint
    Upgraded stereo

What are they going to add onto the VRT for these on a 3 year old car?

Did you have to come back the next day or what?

S.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭reb73

Was in the VRO at Santry a few weeks ago to register my imported nearly new BMW 520D and they had to refer it to Rosslare to get list of extras.. Your man said they have to do this for cars 3 years or newer..

VRT on my car went up from 6508 in the online quote to 7193 (which I was kinda expecting having estimated it at 7230 myself)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

Still waiting for them to come back to me with the final figure - a full week later. The excuse was that "they are very busy in Rosslare". They said they would ring me with the new registration number and final figure for VRT as soon as it comes back to them......

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Pete67 wrote: »
    Still waiting for them to come back to me with the final figure - a full week later. The excuse was that "they are very busy in Rosslare". They said they would ring me with the new registration number and final figure for VRT as soon as it comes back to them......

They could be stalling until the budget is announced tomorrow which will probably benefit them more than you or they are just typical civil servants. Take your pick.

Advertisement