Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

They can Stuff it!!!!!!

Options
  • 13-10-2008 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

Ive basically only joined D.I.T today( after being in I.T Blanchardstown the last month) after finding out I got my 1st choice after my Geography got re-checked and went up to the C3.

It is a pain in the ass, i know people already in my class, but the catching up is gonna be very stressful after missing 3 weeks. I also got no intros or orientation to any course and I should have been in this course from the start!!

I only accepted the course yday and now i have to wait around 5 days before I can actually register and get my card/log in details for d pcs, so I'm stuck with crappy temporary log in details for the computers which I need for my course.

God damn the people who correct our exams!! They can Stuff it!!!!!!!:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

Not much difference using the temporary login, you just can't store stuff on your drive, the settings and stuff on the computers are cleared every time you login. I'm sure you can get a temporary pass for the library too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

Some of my 1st tasks require saving stuff to my drive which means I cannot do the tasks correctly, leading to problems in future tasks. So annoying.

Gonna have a chat with my course leader tomorrow, hopefully he can sort this mess out!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

get a mates login and create a folder for you. if that's not an option, save stuff to the desktop / c:\ drive and when you're finished zip it up and gmail it to yourself.

if the lecturer is requiring you to have files on your network drive (which is tied to your account) mention the hiccup that you don't have an account and is there an alternative method.

5 days to set up an account is ridiculous though and it's registrations fault.

sure i came back this year to find my account was blocked and wouldn't be unblocked until i paid the reg fee and was stuck with a temp account, you think after 3 years they'd know i wouldn't do anything silly with a login.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭davedrave

its not that bad, if you're into your pcs you'll catch on quickly. just beware the communications classes!

Cremo wrote: »

5 days to set up an account is ridiculous though and it's registrations fault.

sure i came back this year to find my account was blocked and wouldn't be unblocked until i paid the reg fee and was stuck with a temp account, you think after 3 years they'd know i wouldn't do anything silly with a login.

Ye thanks for the tips. Do you reckon I challenge registration to this because you'd think thered be some kind of exception for someone like me. Plus they're holding me back from getting started properly.

That is a bit Ridic, they 're just trying to get your money now as it suites them!
    Its going up to 1,500 next year. Booooo

• Advertisement

BaRcOe wrote: »
    Its going up to 1,500 next year. Booooo
    just heard that now myself. it could be a lot worse tbh, there are guys in my year paying 8,000-10,000.

Cremo wrote: »
    just heard that now myself. it could be a lot worse tbh, there are guys in my year paying 8,000-10,000.

holy sh********
    They doing doctorate degrees or something? doctorates do cost loads dont they.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

BaRcOe wrote: »
    holy sh********
    They doing doctorate degrees or something? doctorates do cost loads dont they.?

No they're international students.

orla wrote: »
    yup ^^

orla wrote: »

Hate to be international

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭maninblack

just save it onto a usb stick? :cool:

5 days to enter a few details and print a card is vintage DIT though I'm afraid, get used to it. Everything takes much longer than it should

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I'm "registered", in quotes due to the fact I'm not and DIT admin are useless :(

Nick

Advertisement