Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Phone advice

• 13-10-2008 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭

As the title says im looking for a new phone.
    Basiclly my phone just doesnt cut it it for me. Currently have iphone + C902
    So im looking for a phone that is good for music and takes decent quality pics and vids all other stuff is really an extra bonus. at least a 3.2 camera.
    So far im tossing up between the SE W902 and the Nokia N85. would take a
    N96 if it was a bit cheaper and the nokia 5800 tube aint out yet so any one got any other suggestions and help me choose

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

I'm gonna suggest a c905. 8 megapixel camera, wifi, 3g, supports plenty of memory. I'll have my paws on one within the next few weeks when o2 uk launch then and may write up some impressions here.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

neilled wrote: »
    I'm gonna suggest a c905. 8 megapixel camera, wifi, 3g, supports plenty of memory. I'll have my paws on one within the next few weeks when o2 uk launch then and may write up some impressions here.

just had a look at that on the Se website, looks promising! (sp)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Username!

May I suggest the Samsung Tocco (F480) - The 5 Megapixel camera is the best I've ever seen on a phone and offers an unreal amount of features, it's really very good. Also, it's a Touchscreen interface and it very good with media, easy to use and relatively cheap for what your getting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I'm currently interested in the Nokia N85 as well as the Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1. The Nokia N85 should be more akin to what you're looking for and the C905 looks pretty good too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Anyone here use the samsung innov8? Looks to be a class phone, only worry is it might be too big, its between that and the n85 for me

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Richie6904 wrote: »
    As the title says im looking for a new phone.
    Basiclly my phone just doesnt cut it it for me. Currently have iphone + C902
    So im looking for a phone that is good for music and takes decent quality pics and vids all other stuff is really an extra bonus. at least a 3.2 camera.
    So far im tossing up between the SE W902 and the Nokia N85. would take a
    N96 if it was a bit cheaper and the nokia 5800 tube aint out yet so any one got any other suggestions and help me choose

You are not fussy at all :p

I have the C902 and one of the best phones I have ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

You are not fussy at all :p

I have the C902 and one of the best phones I have ever had.

Well in this day and age these requirements are not hard or at least should no be hard to get on mid to high end phones

Yeah its a good phone, good camera but just looking for a nice multimedia phone not just camera focused a good all rounder or more towards music.

C905 just a beefed up C902 (in size and specs) nothing to really draw me to it but a dam nice phone and as said before camera is not my main focus, plus can get the N85 for the same price or maybe less as nokias tend to be cheaper.
    N95 8 gb is being replaced by n85 so cant justify it.
    Se X1 nice but dam expensive.
    So looks like ill hold out for the N85 and see what price ill have to pay for it in a few weeks time when i get paid.

Cheers for the replies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Actually, i'm in a similar position myself, but i'm in no rush so i figure i'll wait for the nokia 5800, it looks damn nice!

Actually, i'm in a similar position myself, but i'm in no rush so i figure i'll wait for the nokia 5800, it looks damn nice!

Would wait too but im just so dam impatient. and there is no release time for it yet but its supposed to be released at a nice price €279 sim free :eek: so nokia are really trying to stick it to apple with this :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Richie6904 wrote: »
    Would wait too but im just so dam impatient. and there is no release time for it yet but its supposed to be released at a nice price €279 sim free :eek: so nokia are really trying to stick it to apple with this :D

Haha, yeah i'm usually the impulsive/impatient one, but this time it's down to lack of cash aswell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Looks smart, liking the big the on screen keyboard, http://www.engadget.com/2008/10/02/nokia-5800-xpressmusic-hands-on/ , I think it's one of most important features of any touch screen/3g phone.... it's one niggle with the LG Renoir, the keyboard was too small if you've big hands... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SadV1RLL4XE the lg viewtys on screen keyboard was just about big enough..... http://dailymobile.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/lg-viety-ku990-keypad-qwerty-keyboard.jpg
    iphone is ok 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCBV55ly9p8&feature=related

@Richie could you give up on the iphone keboard for good? i'm re-thinking the c905:o

@Richie could you give up on the iphone keboard for good? i'm re-thinking the c905:o

yeah to be honest found it good to use but have no problem using a number pad. the touch screen and internet the only nice thing about the iphone IMO its more an ipod touch with phone, text and a cheap camera nothing more. Mutton dressed as lamb
    I would stick with the C905 if i was you

Advertisement