Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help getting software for LG Shine

• 13-10-2008 7:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    I got an LG Shine ke970 a few weeks back on the 3 network, and sent it in to my local phone place to be unlocked. The idiots in there however have had the phone for 5 weeks, and when I went in asking for it back regardless of whether it was done or not they said they had deleted the software on the phone so it was useless for me to take it back, yet won't tell me when they'll have it fixed.

Is it possible for me to get and install the software myself, and then unlock it?

Any help is extremely appreciated!
    Rob.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Dont go back to a 3 store as you will be charged (getting the handset unblocked by an unauthorised dealer voids your warranty thus they will charge you).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

get the phone back, call 3 and get it booked in for repair or get your local store to send it to 3's repair center, the repair company will reset the phone back to 3 specification, it'll be re locked to 3 when you get it back but at least it'll work....

i'd go with the line that it crashed rather than you fupped it up by trying to unlock it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

The repair centre will know the op tried to get it unlocked. True it will come back to you locked back to the network but as I said you may get charged as your warrenty is now void. Drunkmonkey, your doing a lot of posting in the last while did you not take a break to eat your steak :-P. @sam no spelling mistakes here :-P:-P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭jesterhead

Yeah I'm not really sure what to do. I'm gonna keep pestering the place that botched it, try to get some form of compensation off them maybe and just buy another phone. I'll use my legal lingo picked up in college to try to persuade them. They're an extremely unhelpful bunch. I have it left in there with them still trying to "fix it" until I decide what to do. Pity they're so incompetant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

The newer Shine's are more difficult to unlock, there is newer software on them. But it's not impossible to unlock them. A turbo-sim would of done the job.

Who did you get to try unlock it for you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭jesterhead

Phone Services on Shop Street Galway. Went in again today and there was 3 people in there complaining! Was told it will be done by Wednesday, but won't believe it till I see it.

Advertisement