Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most Valuabe Jobber...

• 13-10-2008 8:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭

I don’t know if anybody seen Smackdown last week, basically MVP is due to get a win bonus when he next wins a match obviously they are going to drag this out for a while as MVP’S losing record is now a recurring joke in the WWE. This however is a great shame as he has all the ingredients to be a main event heel, he is awesome on the mic, great in the ring, gets heat and has two quality feuds with Matt and Chris Benoit on his CV. Their was a brief glimmer of hope when he went over Jeff at Summerslam but that was a false dawn, he jobbed cleanly to Shelton flipping Benjamin and in the championship scramble he was actually booked to look weaker not just to Hunter and Jeff which you understand but also to Shelton yet again and more bizarrely Brian Kendrick. Its odd his current direction as with Edge out and with all his undoubted talents you think he should be getting a run at the main event but sadly the WWE have no clue what do with him. I don’t know maybe some may feel he’s midcard for life or my share my dismay at his current predicament. Discuss or not.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Rjd2 wrote: »
    sadly the WWE have no clue what do with him

They do know what they are doing with him they are punishing him. Not only they are jobbing him they are drawing further attention to his loses with the win bonus gimmick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

What was it that started it? Some comments that he made to the drug testers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Fozzy wrote: »

He had being jobbing before the urine test, It was after Backlash when he jobbed to Matt that his downspiral began.

He had being jobbing before the urine test, It was after Backlash when he jobbed to Matt that his downspiral began.

Oh god not this attitude again. I’m not singling out you in the slightest, Rjd2. But a lot of posters on here seem to think a pinfall loss is the worst thing in the world for a wrestler. It ain’t. His match with Matt was an extremely competitive one and he didn’t “job out” at Backlash.
    Fozzy wrote: »

I don’t know but every time it has been brought up Dave Meltzer stated it wasnt just the comment to the urine tester instead he has made a series serious mistakes. Jason Powell reported MVP's mentor and Smackdown headwriter Michael Hayes has given the cold shoulder as a result of all this. Powell thinks that this might be a test for MVP set out by management and namely Michael Hayes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Wait... what?
    Who gave who the cold shoulder exactly, because that post aint making a whole lot of sense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭DinnyBatman

he is awesome on the mic, great in the ring, has two quality feuds with Matt and Chris Benoit on his CV.

Eh? Aren't you forgetting one thing? The man is boring! Annoying mic work, distinctly average workrate and was carried for above feuds. Aside from that, I hear he has a beautiful singing voice.............

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Wait... what?
    Who gave who the cold shoulder exactly, because that post aint making a whole lot of sense.
    rovert wrote: »
    headwriter Michael Hayes has given the cold shoulder

Hayes gave it to MVP.

Eh? Aren't you forgetting one thing? The man is boring! Annoying mic work, distinctly average workrate and was carried for above feuds. Aside from that, I hear he has a beautiful singing voice.............

I almost agree with this guy although Mattitude isn't in much of a position to carry match in my honest opinion. MVP's promos can be funny at times, but he he's almost monotone. Everything that comes out of the guys mouth sounds exactly the same.

Hayes gave it to MVP.

Cool, wasn't sure if it was to MVP or the reporter, or if it was meant to say Hayes was given the cold shoulder.

Going by reports one the things the agents disliked MVP for was the fact he would apply holds for too long and not working them (i.e. not making look like they hurt.)

• Advertisement

Oh god not this attitude again. I’m not singling out you in the slightest, Rjd2. But a lot of posters on here seem to think a pinfall loss is the worst thing in the world for a wrestler. It ain’t. His match with Matt was an extremely competitive one and he didn’t “job out” at Backlash.

I don’t know but every time it has been brought up Dave Meltzer stated it wasnt just the comment to the urine tester instead he has made a series serious mistakes. Jason Powell reported MVP's mentor and Smackdown headwriter Michael Hayes has given the cold shoulder as a result of all this. Powell thinks that this might be a test for MVP set out by management and namely Michael Hayes.

Oh right firstly I apologise I am not saying Matt buried him or any nonsense like that, I had zilch problem with Matt beating him, it freed MVP of a title he was doing nothing with and it gave matt a chance to shine with the US title. I think however once he lost to Matt that we would slowly see him being moved up the pecking order. He however spent the next few months doing **** all, he jobbed in a few tag matches with Mark Henry, he had some random story with Vicki which went nowhere and flapped about in the midcard without any direction. I mean his character has being in total limbo since then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Hayes gave it to MVP.

Sure it wasnt Pat Patterson, Hayes doesnt like black guys

Oh right firstly I apologise I am not saying Matt buried him or any nonsense like that, I had zilch problem with Matt beating him, it freed MVP of a title he was doing nothing with and it gave matt a chance to shine with the US title. I think however once he lost to Matt that we would slowly see him being moved up the pecking order. He however spent the next few months doing **** all, he jobbed in a few tag matches with Mark Henry, he had some random story with Vicki which went nowhere and flapped about in the midcard without any direction. I mean his character has being in total limbo since then.

My point is he hasn’t been in limbo he has been punished on screen. A negative direction is still a direction. A direction going by reports that he has to shoulder the blame for.
    EdK wrote: »

He does like black guys, the problem stemmed from thinking he was one.

he jobbed in a few tag matches with Mark Henry, he had some random story with Vicki which went nowhere and flapped about in the midcard without any direction. I mean his character has being in total limbo since then.

What's the big deal? This isn't the end of the world, he's only with the promotion 2 years.

I've seen this scenario before with people in the past in the mid 90s to the early 2000's.

Triple H, Steve Austin, Edge, Rock, Shawn to name a few.

Now... see what they all have in common? But to go nuts about a small losing streak after 2 years in the company, A little extreme, no?

EdK wrote: »

Two crap jokes in one day, Edk.
    Time to shutdown the laptop and get a good nights sleep, you'll be better in the morning ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Time to shutdown the laptop and get a good nights sleep, you'll be better in the morning ;)

I've been saying the same all day. Shouldn't have stayed up for BFG Ed.;)

That was not that bad! and I already paid the writers

I've been saying the same all day. Shouldn't have stayed up for BFG Ed.;)

Who are you the Sandman?

What's the big deal? This isn't the end of the world, he's only with the promotion 2 years.

I've seen this scenario before with people in the past in the mid 90s to the early 2000's.

Triple H, Steve Austin, Edge, Rock, Shawn to name a few.

Now... see what they all have in common? But to go nuts about a small losing streak after 2 years in the company, A little extreme, no?
    I don’t think I have gone nuts! I could be wrong here but the only people MVP has beaten since Backlash has being Tommy Dreamer and Festus and that was a bloody disqualification! Anyways Rovert could be right in a few months MVP could be a regular challenger for the WWE Championship. Time will tell I guess.

Anyways Rovert could be right in a few months MVP could be a regular challenger for the WWE Championship. Time will tell I guess.

Or get stuck in a brother tag team with VIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Better to be MVP than Deuce or Duggan

I don’t think I have gone nuts! I could be wrong here but the only people MVP has beaten since Backlash has being Tommy Dreamer and Festus and that was a bloody disqualification! Anyways Rovert could be right in a few months MVP could be a regular challenger for the WWE Championship. Time will tell I guess.

Yeah, i mean, thats why i appreciate the likes of Edge's title runs, even Batista's first run. Because the belt wasn't handed to them on a platter after a few months with the company ala Brock Lesnar/Bill Goldberg. I'm on for building newer stars on the grounds that they can actually do the company good. In a year or so's time, i can see MVP being one of them.

WWE's major problem is that they haven't built enough new stars over the years, so when the chips were down and a lot of their major stars were benched, they ended up experimenting with CP Munk, who bombed as champion and is now back in midcard hell. New stars need to be created. I'm not saying stick the belt on him the second he's established, but a backup plan is always nice to have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Or get stuck in a brother tag team with VIP.
    My Colon > The Colons

DRakE wrote: »
    My Colon > The Colons

Dunno about that. Carly was never anything special, but Eddie is dynamite in the ring. Expect big things from him.

Dunno about that. Carly was never anything special, but Eddie is dynamite in the ring. Expect big things from him.

Eddie's job is to teach Carly to wrestle, which is hilarious considering the major league experience difference.

Eddie's job is to teach Carly to wrestle, which is hilarious considering the major league experience difference.

Experience don't mean sh*t in WWE, think about it Mark Henry debuted in 1996 to a ten year deal and has had recurring contracts since making him one of the most experienced members of the locker room.

That's not to say he's a better worker than most because of his major league experience "advantage".

Advertisement