Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dell Inspiron 530S Problem

• 13-10-2008 8:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi All,
    My dad bought a dell inspiron 530s a couple of months ago. Today, when we go to turn it on, the fan comes on (quite loud) but there is nothing on the screen. The on button lights up on the hard drive as possible and the screen is saying that its on autosave. Anyone have this/similar problem? Any ideas around a quick fix? if not - what are Dell like for customer support? (its still under warranty.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

reseat the ole ram for a start. The usual. Check all the connections. Do you hear any beeps when you turn it on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭thischarmingman

no beep when it starts doc. How do i reset the RAM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

holdown f8 key,turn on pc,use arrow keys ,click enter at ,safe mode with networking,,or else safe mode directory restore services recovery mode,that restores basic windows bootup files.
    on dell laptops theres an option,reboot,press cntrl key ,and F11 AT the same time, this brings up windows os ,restore menu,restores windows,NOTE:
    THIS will prbly delete any,mp3/ipod,music /photos you installed on the pc since you bought it.
    OR else go to dell.ie /support , search inspiron model .eg model 520,whatever model you have,look at os restore ,download inspiron drivers,inspiron manual download.
    COULD BE boot files windows damaged,or maybe the hd,drive c:\ has lost windows boot/registry file,
    you can restore windows/os/programs,theres a hidden partition on dell hardrives for this purpose.GOOGLE dell restore windows F11 options.

Thanks gamer but it didn't work. I can't go to Dell as the screen says its on autosave (i'm on my mac now). The fan stays on and is quite loud.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Can you boot from the windows restore CD?

• Advertisement

still nothing doc. the screen still says its on autosave. i'll give dell a shout in the morning. thanks for the help guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭AngelinaJolie

still nothing doc. the screen still says its on autosave. i'll give dell a shout in the morning. thanks for the help guys

I have the same problem (on laptop now) - can you tell me what the problem was? I'm calling Dell in the morning anyway but I'd like to know if it was a serious problem!

Advertisement