Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭TwilightFan88

Seriously why can't Americans understand the concept of bringing out the bins over the weekend!?

I mean ome on, they stay the weekends, the other three in the house go home at the weekends, why should the three people that go home have to come up on a sunday after noon and see a full bin and the smell in fairness!!!?? Even when one of us had emptied in on friday before heading away!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Seriously why can't Americans understand the concept of bringing out the bins over the weekend!?

I mean ome on, they stay the weekends, the other three in the house go home at the weekends, why should the three people that go home have to come up on a sunday after noon and see a full bin and the smell in fairness!!!?? Even when one of us had emptied in on friday before heading away!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Ah I know how this feels!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

The glass is broken in the bus shelter and I cut my hand :(:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Do tell more! I totally agree with Jeebus on the club scene in Limerick. I so ****ing sick of it already. Same ****e as back home. Was in Gorbys in Cork last Wednesday night where they played proper music. Epic night.

Well the Treehouse was set-up by a guy in my undergraduate class, and he is currently doing a Masters here in UL as well.

Here is some info on the next gig:

"This coming Saturday (24th) we have something very special @ The Treehouse in Bentleys Courtyard...a smashing Ultraviolet Halloween Party!

Get dressed down to get lit up!

Oh and all ye LADIES out there ye go FREE!"
    [Entry through old post office lane]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Mossin wrote: »
    Its a mix of indie, nu-disco...I'm not entirely sure, I havent made it there yet myself. It only opened recently, and its €5 before 12, and €7 after..

Check out the Treehosue on facebook for further info.
    If that's your scene Wicked Chicken or Costello's would be close enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Tell the lazy bastards to empty the ****ing bin or gtfo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Flying Abruptly

Tell the lazy bastards to empty the ****ing bin or gtfo

It isnt just Americans I think, when I come back and open the window they ask "Are you too warm?". No, the place just smells!!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,116 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

To the girl who swanned past me in the queue for the computers today....

**** you!!!!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Um, sometimes I walk past the queue in the library. I never go to a computer though, it's just when I'm looking for someone! So, don't judge everyone who walks past...just most of them!

Mr. K wrote: »
    Um, sometimes I walk past the queue in the library. I never go to a computer though, it's just when I'm looking for someone! So, don't judge everyone who walks past...just most of them!

Nope. She was right behind me in the queue and swanned past me and started walking around, looking for a PC, found one, and plonked down :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Why do they bother making people queue up anyway? I really don't see the point in it, this way seems less efficient and more frustrating when people *cough*me*cough* walk passed oblivious to the way things are supposed to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

The heat in the library.
    Sweltering I thought today!

Seachmall wrote: »
    Why do they bother making people queue up anyway? I really don't see the point in it, this way seems less efficient and more frustrating when people *cough*me*cough* walk passed oblivious to the way things are supposed to work.

I assume it's to ensure that the computers are available on a first come, first served basis. It also gives people a place to wait, as opposed to having them hang around all over the place.
    snazzy wrote: »
    The heat in the library.
    Sweltering I thought today!

It was crazy warm today alright! There were loads of people in today as well, is it because of deadline times?

Was anyone else at the Willie Walsh lecture in the KBS? That was pretty damn warm too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Mr. K wrote: »
    Was anyone else at the Willie Walsh lecture in the KBS? That was pretty damn warm too.

Yeah, that was roasting. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

Yeah, that was roasting. :(

What was the attendance like? Were there many undergraduates there?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

Yeah I was there... It was very interesting, great speach by Willie!!!!

Didn't find it swelteringly hot though... thought it was comfortable enough, library too!!

Try taking of your Hoodies lads :D:D:D:D

Anyone see the cock and balls painted on the road just outside the white pillar gates. spotted it from the bus painted smack in the middle of the road.

fcuking vandals, if they are students they should be booted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

Anyone see the cock and balls painted on the road just outside the white pillar gates. spotted it from the bus painted smack in the middle of the road.

fcuking vandals, if they are students they should be booted out.

Nohing like having a mod thats on the straight and narrow hey?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Polar Ice wrote: »
    What was the attendance like? Were there many undergraduates there?

A good few students, a lot of "suits" too.

Best moment was when Willie said: "The best thing about Michael O'Leary is there's only one of him". :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Is there not enough computers in CSIS to sate you? :p

• Advertisement

Peteee wrote: »
    Is there not enough computers in CSIS to sate you? :p
    If I'm in the CSIS and I need to use a computer I head down to the library anyway just to see the look on those poor ****ers' faces as I stroll past the queue and sit at the first open computer.

Totally worth the walk. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jack Morrisson

Heno. .ah "The sheriff is back in town"

I'm not an accountant, but I do know who The Sheriff is!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Beachball guy

I wish i was in UCC! I hear the craic is mighty down there! Sick of ****ty old limerick!!:mad: Anyone hear me?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Treetirty

I wish i was in UCC! I hear the craic is mighty down there! Sick of ****ty old limerick!!:mad: Anyone hear me?
    If you aren't in UCC why do you post on their boards : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055714682
    Also, why do you and "The Knee Grow" post within 5 minutes of each other ? It's almost like you're the same person:rolleyes:

If you were in UCC you'd be hearing how good the craic is down here, grass is always greener etc.

If you go out with a good crowd anywhere is good craic. It's the people that make the party, not the dump you're in.

Then piss off to UCC imo...If you dont like UL, then fine, but there are a hell of a lot of people here who do like it, and we dont appreciate you coming here and berating it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭rororoyourboat

Got a call from the Co-Op office today. Apparently the Co-Op report I sent in 18 months ago is missing a page...Thanks for getting back to me lads...

Oh it should be a criminal offence to get people out of bed when it is still night time :( and its wet and miserable out to boot.

Then piss off to UCC imo...If you dont like UL, then fine, but there are a hell of a lot of people here who do like it, and we dont appreciate you coming here and berating it!

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Eh isn't this thread called: Official bitch about daily life in UL . . . .

I thought it did exactly what it says on the tin?

OT I'm at home with Bronchitis, would waaay prefer to be in at my classes cos the stress of falling behind is making me worse :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,481 ✭✭✭✭cson

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbours University! :pac:

mud wrote: »
    Eh isn't this thread called: Official bitch about daily life in UL . . . .

I thought it did exactly what it says on the tin? (

Eh, I dont think this is bitching about UL:
    I wish i was in UCC! I hear the craic is mighty down there! Sick of ****ty old limerick!!:mad:

Saying they hate ****ty old Limerick isnt speaking at all about UL imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 blinux

nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

+1

Don't feed the troll!
    Treetirty wrote: »
    If you aren't in UCC why do you post on their boards : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055714682
    Also, why do you and "The Knee Grow" post within 5 minutes of each other ? It's almost like you're the same person:rolleyes:

Exactly what I was thinking

Being so busy that you didnt know it was a Bank Holdiay weekend! :(

• Advertisement

Why is 4th year so annoyingly busy??? Grrrr...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,481 ✭✭✭✭cson

Its the scale of craic relativity; cson's law decrees that craic will go proportionally downward relative to the year of college you are in. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Why does is it taking everyone 5min to log onto a computer today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭merlin39

Why does is it taking everyone 5min to log onto a computer today!!

Its the same in LIT. got to do with the "deep freeze" software. its annoying alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

cson wrote: »
    Its the scale of craic relativity; cson's law decrees that craic will go proportionally downward relative to the year of college you are in. :(

I had more craic in 4th year than in any of the previous years. My grades suffered but as I'm in Sweden working now I don't think that that matters ;):p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

Guys, what is with the power failure in the library today - scary. And I'm not bitching but what are the scary sheets of grey plastic they have draping down everywhere? What are they hiding?

Actually, why are all my assignments due week 9 and 10 and how do I have more assignments than modules.... @_@

Craic is a state of mind...if I convince myself I'm having fun putting together chapter headings for my FYP, it'll come true! Ahem...

Does anyone else find it ridiculously hot in the library?!]

Jaysus!!

:mad: A lecturer docked us marks for overselling a product in a presentation!
    Such nonsense I've never seen before...its an award winning combination, and she docked me marks?!

I'll never understand grading schemes in UL!:(

:mad: A lecturer docked us marks for overselling a product in a presentation!
    Such nonsense I've never seen before...its an award winning combination, and she docked me marks?!

I'll never understand grading schemes in UL!:(
    its an award winning combination, and she docked me marks?!
    and she docked me marks?!
    she
    Well there's your problem. Women, eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Well there's your problem. Women, eh?
    You were doing fine till you opened your mouth.

I wish the staff would not use the email system to hock their unwanted crap.

Was in the car park this morning, behind the foundation building around 8:40. Was gettin my bag out if the boot when a girl pulls up beside me and asks if im pulling out.
    I said I wasn't, her response... "well f*ck you anyway" and drove off.
    A bit harsh, hope the b1tch got clamped somewhere

Was in the car park this morning, behind the foundation building around 8:40. Was gettin my bag out if the boot when a girl pulls up beside me and asks if im pulling out.
    I said I wasn't, her response... "well f*ck you anyway" and drove off.
    A bit harsh, hope the b1tch got clamped somewhere

There are some charmers around here, aren't there?

The heat in the library today is ridiculous, I started dozing off there. Then I stepped outside and woke right up!

Why does that stupid alert for the email keep coming up?!!

It's friggin' November!! Im pretty sure most of us have it set up by now!!!!:mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement