Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

Aragneer wrote: »
    Any luck with the third ticket? My boyfriend is trying to get a third too.

I think the two ticket rule is shocking really because I know next year I'm going to have the same problem with my sister too..

Too late for you, but this might help with your sister. If she knows anyone that won't get going to the graduation ceremony she can ask them for their tickets. There's also loads of tickets available on the day from the concert hall so it's not really a problem looking for another ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Anyone else get bull**** charges from Campus Life Services taken off their deposit? House was spotless when leaving and they still managed to take 35euro...12 quid for carpet cleaning??? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Anyone else get bull**** charges from Campus Life Services taken off their deposit? House was spotless when leaving and they still managed to take 35euro...12 quid for carpet cleaning??? :mad:

Happened to me in First Year!
    I think I lost about 42 or something...For cushions on the sofa cleaning and apparently wall repair? But I scrubbed those walls and checked them all completely and I saw no damage at all!
    The cushions had also been scrubbed and sprayed..

Campus Life Services are ridiculous with the deposit!

Too late for you, but this might help with your sister. If she knows anyone that won't get going to the graduation ceremony she can ask them for their tickets. There's also loads of tickets available on the day from the concert hall so it's not really a problem looking for another ticket.

That would be good. I shall ask around well in advance next year for my sister and fingers crossed I can sort that out ^^
    I left it way too late to get one for myself this year.
    Thanks for the help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

This is pretty standard for them. I got 72 taken off me this year, despite the fact the place was immaculate.

They always find something...

Was talking to a lad who does the cleaning for them over the summer. He said that if, for argument's sake, you broke a plate and replaced it with one you bought yourself at a third of the price they charge for plates, they'll just toss it out if it's not the EXACT brand they use and charge you for it.

Any idea if we'll be getting our timetables anytime soon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

Any idea if we'll be getting our timetables anytime soon?

I've a feeling that it'll be tomorrow, or this coming week. Definitely by next Monday. They always seem to have the timetables up by the time the first round of the CAO is out

iLaura wrote: »
    I've a feeling that it'll be tomorrow, or this coming week. Definitely by next Monday. They always seem to have the timetables up by the time the first round of the CAO is out

I think we would have heard something about it if it was tomorrow but I would seriously love that! If not, I really do agree with the next Monday thing, I forgot the offers aren't out yet!

Brace yourselves, First years are coming! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Brace yourselves, First years are coming! :P

Just because you're getting old and going into fourth year, doesn't mean you can abuse the little first years :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    As long as your QCA is above 2.0, yes you'll be fine with a D2.

EDIT: My own sort of bitch: I'm 3,000 words deep in my Co-op report. 1,700 written tonight. Just the "Opportunities for Learning" and the Post Co-op assessment form to go... Good lord this is tedious nonsense!

Thanks pal.

Don't worry about the co-op report, once it's in on time that's all you need, they barely read them.

sup_dude wrote: »
    Just because you're getting old and going into fourth year, doesn't mean you can abuse the little first years :pac:

Darn it but I've always waited for this moment! :P :pac:

Darn it but I've always waited for this moment! :P :pac:

You can abuse away when they're older first years and start getting a bit too confident in themselves :P

I'd love to be back in first year...

On a slightly related note, are we going to have BULBs at all this year? Because I've already been at UL three years and all of ye could walk straight past me on the street and I wouldn't know ya...

You can abuse away when they're older first years and start getting a bit too confident in themselves :P

I'd love to be back in first year...

On a slightly related note, are we going to have BULBs at all this year? Because I've already been at UL three years and all of ye could walk straight past me on the street and I wouldn't know ya...

So in second semester? Because I don't want to be mean here but second semester first years can get wayyy too big for their boots!

Me too.. I'm hoping living in Plassey for fourth year will rekindle that first year feeling!

I have no clue! I would love to have BULBS but the people that would usually drag me to BULBS have left UL now and so I am back to anti-social me :P
    If we could all arrange something, that would be great because seriously, I know about two of ye... and even then, I still would walk past the two and not realise I knew them! Ha!

So in second semester? Because I don't want to be mean here but second semester first years can get wayyy too big for their boots!

Me too.. I'm hoping living in Plassey for fourth year will rekindle that first year feeling!

I have no clue! I would love to have BULBS but the people that would usually drag me to BULBS have left UL now and so I am back to anti-social me :P
    If we could all arrange something, that would be great because seriously, I know about two of ye... and even then, I still would walk past the two and not realise I knew them! Ha!

Exactly!

I'd ask for a first year house but then realise when I start my FYP that it'd be a terrible idea :pac:

I can be awfully anti-social but all this talk of fourth year is getting to me :(

Exactly!

I'd ask for a first year house but then realise when I start my FYP that it'd be a terrible idea :pac:

I can be awfully anti-social but all this talk of fourth year is getting to me :(

Well I'm kind of hoping for a house with Erasmus students or only a few first years because I am really worried about my FYP and I don't like using a library...or public spaces haha so fingers corssed for me! :P

Yeah me too! I'm sure some of the others will want a BULBS meet up! Although last year I heard no talk of one at all...1st and 2nd year everyone was always on about BULBS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭LimerickLad92

First years are great, young, out of their comfort zone, wild. Best partiers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

In regards to the grad tickets. They normally have spare tickets on the day. Last year I was looking for a third ticket and they had sheets and sheets of spare tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I'm going into my fifth year in UL...

Can I abuse them? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I'm going into my fifth year in UL...

Can I abuse them? :P
    Ah yes, on that note

i officially pass on the torch of elder statesman to you, keep it safe

passing-the-torch.jpg

freyners wrote: »
    Ah yes, on that note

i officially pass on the torch of elder statesman to you, keep it safe

passing-the-torch.jpg

I'm also going in to my 5th year, what do I get? :p

• Advertisement

I'm also going in to my 5th year, what do I get? :p
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0BmHgceYiyre5aDVYpnThpP0QlPytkjFxfpf9L5njnmxTmhYmMTl1nZo
    :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I'm finishing my 6th year, officially in UL, and it all started way back in 1995. :(

seachto7 wrote: »
    I'm finishing my 6th year, officially in UL, and it all started way back in 1995. :(

Here ya go!
    ZIMMER%20FRAME.jpg

elder statement, not ancient :P

you get this

ear-horn.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

I know this feeling.. Still around UL and I have a 95 ID also.

Going to be weird to see people with birthdates in '96 this year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Popoutman wrote: »
    I know this feeling.. Still around UL and I have a 95 ID also.

Going to be weird to see people with birthdates in '96 this year...

Jaysus, so there are more refugees out here from the pre Celtic Tiger era still studying!

My nephew was born in 95, just finished first year here... :(

On a side note, I heard someone talk about "retro 90s fashion" yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

Here was me thinking I originally started here a long time ago beginning my Bachelor in 2008.

One thing is for sure, the amount of construction that has gone on at UL in the past 6 years is nothing short of remarkable. The place has almost doubled in size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Is there much work available in Limerick for students?

First years are in, start making timetables please, UL!

Loads of issues trying to get the fees paid now. Keep getting internal server errors :/

• Advertisement

Here comes the weekly learning centre emails!

And the volunteering ones are back too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

And straight into my spam box with them!

Seriously, where are the timetables? I need to plan a holiday and work around 'em >.<

Seriously, where are the timetables? I need to plan a holiday and work around 'em >.<

I'm the same...except not a holiday but if I can get home on Fridays on my early bus, if I need to be around all day one day or if I can have a day off, etc.

:/ I don't remember them coming out this late last year!

I'm the same...except not a holiday but if I can get home on Fridays on my early bus, if I need to be around all day one day or if I can have a day off, etc.

:/ I don't remember them coming out this late last year!

I actually went and checked facebook messages and they came out the day after the CAO last year, which was the 20th. So a year ago today by the day, a year ago tomorrow by the date.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Hatch92

I actually went and checked facebook messages and they came out the day after the CAO last year, which was the 20th. So a year ago today by the day, a year ago tomorrow by the date.

I seen that too i checked aswell if they are not out by tomorrow its a bit of a joke like

Totally agree, usually they are well on top of the timetables, ready for the first years and then the people returning but this year it really is a joke... I'm hoping for a possible 12 o'clock or 1 o'clock release today? It is only 11:30 ..

I had a post about it on my facebook wall last year on the 19th, which would've been CAO day. It was posted at about 16.35 ish so I was hoping they'd be out around 16.30 yesterday :(

I'm starting a post grad so won't get a personalised one, but I'd like to know at least what lectures I'll have and what the total hours are. (I know post grad ones may not even be available but I can dream :P )

• Advertisement

Totally agree, usually they are well on top of the timetables, ready for the first years and then the people returning but this year it really is a joke... I'm hoping for a possible 12 o'clock or 1 o'clock release today? It is only 11:30 ..

Like I remember the day of the CAO two years ago when it actually applied to me, I could get my timetable. I've been checking for the timetable everyday for like a week at this stage :P

Like I remember the day of the CAO two years ago when it actually applied to me, I could get my timetable. I've been checking for the timetable everyday for like a week at this stage :P

I have too! I think I've refreshed boards a good few times a day just to see if anybody got their timetables yet!
    Fingers crossed it is later today or tomorrow morning...

I want it to plan my sleeping, change my tutorials to the afternoon etc. I cant wait dang it

I want it to plan my sleeping, change my tutorials to the afternoon etc. I cant wait dang it

My thoughts exactly hahah

Hatch92 wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly hahah

Morning classes arent good for my health. :D

Morning classes arent good for my health. :D

Mornings in general are bad for your health, 9 o clock starts are just not possible they ruin your whole day

• Advertisement

Hatch92 wrote: »
    Mornings in general are bad for your health, 9 o clock starts are just not possible they ruin your whole day

9 o'clock starts and not finishing till six with only an hour or two off during the day are incredibly detrimental to ones health :P

9 o'clock starts and not finishing till six with only an hour or two off during the day are incredibly detrimental to ones health :P

In First year, i had 9-11am and 5-6 pm. it was awful.

In First year, i had 9-11am and 5-6 pm. it was awful.

God bless you for surviving that. Teach us your ways so that we too could live beyond such horrors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Anyone else repeating EE4102/ET4122?

I just hope this year the timetables are good for once with my course...

I am so fed up of either having to not go home for three weeks so I don't miss a tutorial or getting a late bus home and not getting there till 10-11 pm just because some plonker put German at 5-6 on a Friday!

That german module is the only one of its kind too and admin never lets us change it...

Please don't be like that this year!

• Advertisement
Advertisement