Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭LimerickLad92

iLaura wrote: »
    God bless you for surviving that. Teach us your ways so that we too could live beyond such horrors

I skipped the 5-6 naturally.
    Aragneer wrote: »
    I just hope this year the timetables are good for once with my course...

I am so fed up of either having to not go home for three weeks so I don't miss a tutorial or getting a late bus home and not getting there till 10-11 pm just because some plonker put German at 5-6 on a Friday!

That german module is the only one of its kind too and admin never lets us change it...

Please don't be like that this year!

Just skip it, i couldnt put up with that rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

I skipped the 5-6 naturally.

Just skip it, i couldnt put up with that rubbish.

I see a pattern emerging here but cant quite put my finger on it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭Beargrylls01

Course timetables are up.

Get em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

I'm bad enough at German as it is, if I skip I lose 10% that I actually need to get me through!

Got my timetable!

Class! Nooo late fridays! Mondays and Thursdays are pretty awful but I am quite happy actually, for once!

Course timetable is all well and good when your course doesnt split in two this year...though the amount of 9am education related lectures/tutorials is too damn high

Think I'm wrong on that actually. apologies.

Oh i looked at my classes...exactly the same as last semester!

Not the timetable yet..

Although it does say 2014/2015 is up so I don't really understand why the whole site hasn't updated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭phish

Mine hasn't updated still showing spring semester timetable even though the page before says autumn on the top. Maybe double check they are all showing the right modules

My course timetable is coming up...for second semester of this coming year. It has all the modules up for what would be semester 6 for me...

I think later today we'll get them then since it looks like it is currently being updated sinceit says 2014/2015 now.

• Advertisement

I think later today we'll get them then since it looks like it is currently being updated sinceit says 2014/2015 now.

Anything I click in on for my course in any year is showing Semester 2...like seriously, they have semester 2 timetables up before semester 1. Load of bollix

Mine's not up, mine is coming up with last semesters classes...Dammit.

I see a pattern emerging here but cant quite put my finger on it...

I was gonna respond to this, but ill just skip it :D

Anything I click in on for my course in any year is showing Semester 2...like seriously, they have semester 2 timetables up before semester 1. Load of bollix

Trust UL to balls it up already.. Yours is showing your next semester? Well at least you can prepare for then :P
    Mine is just my past one..wondered why those times looked familiar haha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭phish

I'd say you're seeing the course timetable that the people the year ahead of you had last year rather than your timetable for semester 2.

Trust UL to balls it up already.. Yours is showing your next semester? Well at least you can prepare for then :P
    Mine is just my past one..wondered why those times looked familiar haha!

Haha, yeah, I could. Apart from the hundreds of tutorials that just seem to be thrown about the place, and then modules that don't relate to me. But hey, I might only have three 9 o'clocks second semester :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

Shouldn't have read all this talk about timetables, got my hopes up. Feck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Ugh I got my hopes up too :( I've no records up at all...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

I'd worry now that if we don't have the new ones soon, it won't happen until tomorrow at the earliest :/

Also wouldn't mind as much if the timetable wasn't labelled as "Autumn 2014/15" -_-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

Timetables are up!

They are up now for definite, about time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

It says ive a 4 hour lab on a tuesday :O 9 to 1

All my Tuesday things are at half past the hour... that's not right, surely?
    Also, Friday is a pain, lectures all day from 1, so no going home unless I skip everything...

sup_dude wrote: »
    All my Tuesday things are at half past the hour... that's not right, surely?
    Also, Friday is a pain, lectures all day from 1, so no going home unless I skip everything...

This is your fyp project most likely, it means you have no actual lectures it is for you to do your project

• Advertisement

This is your fyp project most likely, it means you have no actual lectures it is for you to do your project

Ah yes, I just checked what my lectures actually mean and you would be correct...
    I see the lecturer we had problems with last year has decided to go mad with lectures again this year :rolleyes: As if getting us for a full day on Monday isn't enough, he wants two lectures during the week too, including one on Friday evening...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Finished at 11 on Fridays, life is good. :cool:

I have a completly free Monday, one class on Tuesdays and Thursdays and a packed Wednesday and Friday but I can deal with that!!

Only 23 hours, one 5-6 and not in until 1 on a Thursday. I can live with that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Slightly easier to look at

http://tt.daniel.ie/

• Advertisement

Slightly easier to look at

http://tt.daniel.ie/

That's excellent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Happier with this timetable more than any before.

Don't start 'til 1 on Monday. One 9am start, rest are 10's and 11's. Only fly in the ointment is finishing at 4 on a Friday, but rumour is that'll be changed, and even if it isn't, it's not the worst thing in the world.

No free day to work on FYP though, although Wednesday only has one hour so I guess that still counts.

Uh-oh, I guess this means I'm actually going into fourth year then... :eek:

Ive all early starts, except for tuesday which is my FYP day. Great news :(

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Ross1986

Can't be 100% sure but by the looks of it I've only 20 hours a week in 1st year PE. 11am start on a Monday and a 4pm finish on a friday so happy days if that's the case!

EDIT: Went through the modules on the timetable and there's too many electives on it to be the right timetable.

Ross1986 wrote: »
    Can't be 100% sure but by the looks of it I've only 20 hours a week in 1st year PE. 11am start on a Monday and a 4pm finish on a friday so happy days if that's the case!

EDIT: Went through the modules on the timetable and there's too many electives on it to be the right timetable.

In 1st year the timetables get put all around the place. Itll change 10 times by week 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

Ross1986 wrote: »

I lived with a PE student for my undergrad,20 hours seems on the low side for the amount he seemed to have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

What's with the random care abandoned in the paid car parks? There is one in the paid car park across from the Scholars/Bus stop, a little white VW with some flat tyres. It's in good nick, just abandoned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Back in Ul after 7 years. straight into 2nd year business studies. Timetable looked fairly good. Can't wait to get back to it now..

Ever since I went on Erasmus, I'm somehow stuck on the bloody e-mail list for Patricia O'Flaherty and Herveline. I keep getting e-mails telling me when to get my documents in before I leave etc...or getting my hopes up about grants.

P*** off and stop messing up the system.

Anyone else having this trouble?

Ever since I went on Erasmus, I'm somehow stuck on the bloody e-mail list for Patricia O'Flaherty and Herveline. I keep getting e-mails telling me when to get my documents in before I leave etc...or getting my hopes up about grants.

P*** off and stop messing up the system.

Anyone else having this trouble?

Its just an email list. not that big of a deal to press delete on your keyboard.

• Advertisement

Its just an email list. not that big of a deal to press delete on your keyboard.

I know that but when it is asking for forms and saying you can get top up grants for it, it kinda makes you stop and read in case it is about you.

Damn mailing lists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Stick of popcorn in the post grad PC lab. Go to the Stables Darragh!

Am I missing something with these password change reminders? I go to ul.ie, hit Students and Staff, hit Student Portal, click the down arrow by Support and Admin, but there's no "Network Password Change" or anything like it there.

Also tried changing it in the Portal itself to no avail. Keeps saying my confirmation is incorrect.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Am I missing something with these password change reminders? I go to ul.ie, hit Students and Staff, hit Student Portal, click the down arrow by Support and Admin, but there's no "Network Password Change" or anything like it there.

Also tried changing it in the Portal itself to no avail. Keeps saying my confirmation is incorrect.

It's there for me anyway, 8th item down in support and admin?

It's there for me anyway, 8th item down in support and admin?

F*ck. :o

I was just reading the first letter of each line looking for N... :( :P

Thanks. :D

Looking for the lines with 'N' was what I was doing too!

Also, I just thought I would give an update on those pesky Erasmus emails several students and I keep getting, don't just ignore them and delete them. They are not spam. Just get in contact and you will be happy in the end. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

wnolan1992 wrote: »

Just click no. Those reminders have been there all summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Do Coop students have to register for modules...no word in email yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

FionnK86 wrote: »
    Do Coop students have to register for modules...no word in email yet?

Yes, you do.

• Advertisement

Is it just me, or has the prices of accommodation on campus gone way up this year?

Advertisement