Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

sup_dude wrote: »
    Is it just me, or has the prices of accommodation on campus gone way up this year?

Yeah, pretty sure they have.

Under the guise of water charges no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Yeah, pretty sure they have.

Under the guise of water charges no doubt.

I've no idea but Kilmurry is now €4160 for the year... which is slightly above what I can afford but what other choice have I got now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Came in to study, the whole place seems empty/shutdown. Can't get into AMO61, the library or any tutorial rooms. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Is it just me or are there no repeat exam papers on Sharepoint?

Definitely not in the Accounting & Finance section.

Have they moved them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Is it normal for the repeat Exam to be nothing like the summer exam?

The MA4602 is way different (Making reference to this years exam and the sample paper for this exam)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭cgordonfreeman

It says ive a 4 hour lab on a tuesday :O 9 to 1

ET4244?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

ET4244?

Yeah that's the one. What is the module about?

Somebody please explain to me the logic of having to write 4 pages of Opportunities for Learning, and then do the Post Coop Assessment form? They seem pretty identical to me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭cgordonfreeman

Yeah that's the one. What is the module about?

Outcome based learning laboratory. It's for 2nd year electronics and 3rd year mobile comms. The lads last year made a weather station thing with ( I think ) an arduino. I've that lab too.

I just got an email saying to register with core portal but the link just times out. Anyone know if it's something about my computer or should I sent an email back saying something has gone wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭phish

I just got an email saying to register with core portal but the link just times out. Anyone know if it's something about my computer or should I sent an email back saying something has gone wrong?

Is that for being paid from the college? I know I had to do it for orientation guide a couple of years ago but can't remember the name of it.

If that's the one it is then you have to do it on a college computer.

phish wrote: »
    Is that for being paid from the college? I know I had to do it for orientation guide a couple of years ago but can't remember the name of it.

If that's the one it is then you have to do it on a college computer.

Yeah that's the one. Ahh okays, that's just a pain :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Yeah that's the one. Ahh okays, that's just a pain :pac:

Don't try to refresh the page or even go back to a previous page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Hey guys,

You know if you get a spare ticket for the grad, can you just sit with the rest of your family since the seats say 'unreserved' or do you have to follow the number on the ticket but as I said it says unreserved.

I am guessing the number on the ticket is more for UL than anything so they know how many guests will be there?

Thanks for the help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

It's all unreserved, people can sit wherever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Been in the post grad reading room since 9 30 am yesterday. One final push with the masters dissertation! :(

I'm f*cking shattered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

Waited almost an hour today to get the bus into town today, and when the Bus Eireann one arrived so did the euro bus after no sign of any of them. Then two stops later another BE bus pulls up beside us with no one on it while the one I was on was jam packed. Then we were made get off and get another bus to go out to Raheen. Grrr...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

iLaura wrote: »
    Waited almost an hour today to get the bus into town today, and when the Bus Eireann one arrived so did the euro bus after no sign of any of them. Then two stops later another BE bus pulls up beside us with no one on it while the one I was on was jam packed. Then we were made get off and get another bus to go out to Raheen. Grrr...

The dire bus service is one of the reasons the city lacks so much energy. It can't tap into the student base at all. It's quite a shame when you compare it to the vibrancy of Galway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

twice ive left to get the 4 bus at the station at 2 and waited so long at the bus stop outside elm park I missed the bus home.

Its pretty disgraceful

When I started Co-op, I'd meet my lift into work at the bus stop by the East Gate. Some mornings the bus would be there at 8:45, other mornings it didn't arrive 'til after 9.

They're an efficient bunch. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

garv123 wrote: »
    twice ive left to get the 4 bus at the station at 2 and waited so long at the bus stop outside elm park I missed the bus home.

Its pretty disgraceful

I thought for sure that the real time displays were going to fix all of those problems...how foolish I was :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 themerovingian

Anyone know If they search you for drink going into the grad ball?

Anyone know If they search you for drink going into the grad ball?

They most likely search any bags going in so more for girls but if you look suspicious or are holding something in your coat then they may? That's just a guess though. I don't think it'll be too strict but again guesswork :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

1huge1 wrote: »
    I thought for sure that the real time displays were going to fix all of those problems...how foolish I was :rolleyes:

I went on their website to inform them that the real time display wasn't working - and the complaint button on their website was conveniently broken. The real time display said a bus would arrive in 20 minutes, it eventually went to 'due' and disappeared - the bus in question didn't exist.

I live by a stop, and have noticed that their latest system is to send two buses around within a minute of each other. I can't understand why they don't have the buses set to go around at different times, thus reducing the waiting times.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Portal down for anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Smash The House

Portal down for anyone else?

Yeah. Wouldn't load for me last night either

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Yeah. Wouldn't load for me last night either

Sound.

Feck sake, had hoped to get the fees sorted today.

Moved in to Plassey today...

Black mould in the shower, paint peeling and broken drawers...Thanks Plassey!
    Complaints will be in tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭Supermensch

Student portal seems to be back. Does anyone know if it's ok to just pay the fees for one semester now, or do I need to pay for the entire year now?EDIT: never mind, just saw the due dates next to the fees on the site.

• Advertisement

When does the Online Finance Task have to be completed by?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

Aragneer wrote: »
    When does the Online Finance Task have to be completed by?

5th of September, we got an email about it a couple of days ago

Thank you! Will do that tomorrow so! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭LimerickLad92

In UL now... its good to be back has to be said.

In UL now... its good to be back has to be said.

Must be extremely quiet there?

Is HSG037 the big lecture theatre in the Health Science Building or is it one of those smaller rooms does anyone know?

Just looking at my timetable and I've something in Schumann at 10, then the HS at 11. Definitely going to be on time for that all the time. :P

• Advertisement

Is HSG037 the big lecture theatre in the Health Science Building or is it one of those smaller rooms does anyone know?

Just looking at my timetable and I've something in Schumann at 10, then the HS at 11. Definitely going to be on time for that all the time. :P

Yep, its the big one on the right as you go in the door. That lecture theatre scares me cause of how steep it is :P I'm so brave~

Yep, its the big one on the right as you go in the door. That lecture theatre scares me cause of how steep it is :P I'm so brave~

I've been in there twice for meetings and yeah, it creeps me out to no end. I'm always conscious of not leaning forward too much just in case I go head over heels. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Had a module with one lecture a week there last semester, horrible place

What's this I hear about sexy sexy shenanigans going on in the basement toilets of the library?

seachto7 wrote: »
    What's this I hear about sexy sexy shenanigans going on in the basement toilets of the library?

Haha, really? Some very eager first years? :P I just hope that my desk is back down there in the basement this semester

• Advertisement

I'm not sure who it was. I officially finished in UL last week, but a lecturer mentioned it to me. I used to use the bathrooms down there a lot during the year, but never noticed anyone "loitering".....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Is this the "hole-y" toilet?

My timetable was the best ever and then some fecker went and changed my German class from a nice spot on a Wednesday to 16-17 on a Friday! My bus is at 5... It's a tutorial and I need all of the points I can get for that module :/

Gonna have to miss the first one next week (German tutorials start week 1 like other languages)..Dammit!

Hope my class decides to try changing that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭Pai Mei

Is SAA open this week? Need a form stamped and was gonna go down Wednesday because I can't go down any other day because I've already left UL :L Does anyone know if they'll be working this week?? :L

Is this the "hole-y" toilet?

Go on......?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Pai Mei wrote: »
    Is SAA open this week? Need a form stamped and was gonna go down Wednesday because I can't go down any other day because I've already left UL :L Does anyone know if they'll be working this week?? :L

Pretty sure they are open all week. I passed by to go into the Co-op Office yesterday and SAA was packed. A huge queue of people waiting outside so you may want to put aside a good bit of time if you're planning on going there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

seachto7 wrote: »
    Go on......?

AFAIK, the walls in the toilets there are ehh, "hole-y". Very glorious. Hint hint.

Not sure whether to put it here or in the happy days thread but house flooded. How and ever, was moved to Brennan Court so it's not too bad :P

Not sure whether to put it here or in the happy days thread but house flooded. How and ever, was moved to Brennan Court so it's not too bad :P

Hahaha, sweet! Thats quite an upgrade. Where abouts is Brennan Court?

Hahaha, sweet! Thats quite an upgrade. Where abouts is Brennan Court?

How do you know?😸

• Advertisement
Advertisement