Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

sup_dude wrote: »
    Wish it would stop snowing in the rest of the country. I wanna get home for christmas and if the snow keeps up, that's gonna get dangerous...

Wanna swap your Donegal snow for the miserable wet that's bound to be in Offaly? We never get snow :'(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    :eek: fúck that's a long journey!

That's bus eireann for ya! Every single little town and village along the way.
    iLaura wrote: »
    Wanna swap your Donegal snow for the miserable wet that's bound to be in Offaly? We never get snow :'(

Only until next week! I want it for Christmas, then it can feck off again. Even just the ice. I don't mind the snow so much, you can get around in that. The ice is what makes you stuck on the top of a big hill for weeks on end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Lads, would ye stop talking about snow. We've a wedding the 29th and my parents have basically been having a sh*t attack over the possibility of snow since the date was chosen about a year ago....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Only until next week! I want it for Christmas, then it can feck off again. Even just the ice. I don't mind the snow so much, you can get around in that. The ice is what makes you stuck on the top of a big hill for weeks on end.
    Yeah, I used to get the Bus Eireann for UL to Dublin which took a pain staking 3hours long and then I had to wait for about 40mins to get the next bus to Dundalk.

I couldn't cope well on the bus for 3 hours, especially if there's no toilet. Trains FTW :cool:

No deal, I won't be finished until next Friday, so I won't have any snow :/

It would take me 3+ hours to get the train home, at least its 1.5 hours on the bus and then 30 min drive. Which isn't that great either considering that it only takes like 1 hr 20 mins to drive all the way..

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Lads, would ye stop talking about snow. We've a wedding the 29th and my parents have basically been having a sh*t attack over the possibility of snow since the date was chosen about a year ago....

But snow makes the pictures really pretty!

http://itsabrideslife.com/wp-content/uploads/winterwedding1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

wnolan1992 wrote: »

Keep an eye on the Boards.ie Thanks List...
    If MTCranium is at the top of it, best start investing in Huskies and sledges for the big day.. :P

When do Spring semester timetables come out? Presume it'll be around January?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Snow is awful stuff. The novelty wore off about 10 years ago for me... it's just cold and miserable :(

On a positive note, easy exam today (although if i get too cocky, I'll undoubtedly be disappointed).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

I like snow, but only if I don't have anywhere to go. We rarely get it! There was some snow here this morning but it's all gone and there doesn't seem to be any sign of more appearing.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21 SuperNova1890

In my exam today I spotted a poster on the wall saying the dates when students can register for the repeat exams... Don't get too, ahead of yourself now UL! :P

In my exam today I spotted a poster on the wall saying the dates when students can register for the repeat exams... Don't get too, ahead of yourself now UL! :P

Tempted now :pac::o

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Midkemia

Do you know about the private bus that goes to donegal town? :eek:

Midkemia wrote: »
    Do you know about the private bus that goes to donegal town? :eek:

Yes but it usually stops running by the end of term

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

Is there anywhere open on campus tomorrow where you can get a bite to eat? Vending machines even?

Is there anywhere open on campus tomorrow where you can get a bite to eat? Vending machines even?

Cafe in the library is usually open

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Stables and Sports Bar I'm sure. The shop should be open for a while as well.

YFlyer wrote: »
    Stables and Sports Bar I'm sure. The shop should be open for a while as well.

I may have thought today was Saturday temporarily and was wondering why you said Stables and the shop...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

I may have thought today was Saturday temporarily and was wondering why you said Stables and the shop...

As long as you don't miss any exams :p

• Advertisement

Stables, the Spar and the cafe in the library are open tomorrow and Sunday except Spar for some reason? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

Cheers :D

What's the difference between LIT and a soccer pitch?

A soccer pitch has goals :pac:

Ripping off the freshers page I see :pac:

Thinking I'd have a bit of a lie in today so stuck in earplugs cause I knew there'd be building work. Of course, this morning would be the morning they have a tractor, a digger, a roller and a chainsaw all right outside my window, making the ear plugs useless... Getting fairly sick of it now...

Midkemia wrote: »
    Ripping off the freshers page I see :pac:

:P I couldn't help it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Anyone know directions to SPHALL once you go into the PE building from the front doors?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭Beargrylls01

Only insecure cocky fools slag other colleges for being less than them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

Oh come on. The colleges have been telling jokes about each other forever!

It's only a laugh, sure I've had people from LIT call me a posh wanker for going to UL.

No matter where you go, you'll always have two colleges/schools bashing each other. Nothing serious, just a little bit of craic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭Beargrylls01

No matter where you go, you'll always have two colleges/schools bashing each other. Nothing serious, just a little bit of craic

Fair enough, be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭21 Schump Street

i take it the library won't be as busy today?

i take it the library won't be as busy today?

God no. Its gonna get quieter and quieter as the week progresses to. Thursday there were still seats free till 9.30

Does anyone know what time the fees office closes today?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Celestechu

My qca is going to tank this semester. At least I'll have time to cry myself to sleep over co-op. :( 2 more exams until temporary freedom!

UL Wireless is ridiculously bad today

UL Wireless is ridiculously bad today

When is it ever good?

When is it ever good?

The odd time, it's cutting out every five mins now though. It's taken me an hour to download a handful of notes

The odd time, it's cutting out every five mins now though. It's taken me an hour to download a handful of notes

Connect using an ethernet cable?

Connect using an ethernet cable?

There is none here :)

• Advertisement

There is none here :)

Are you in the library? If so, you should be able to go to ITD and get one? I usually have a spare one in my bag, but of course I took that out a few days ago...

Are you in the library? If so, you should be able to go to ITD and get one? I usually have a spare one in my bag, but of course I took that out a few days ago...

Nope, Red Raisins

Nope, Red Raisins

Ah, okay :P I've just given up trying to connect to wifi in there. It seems that even when there's no one around the internet is still ****ty there :/

Ah, okay :P I've just given up trying to connect to wifi in there. It seems that even when there's no one around the internet is still ****ty there :/

It's grand at about 2/3 in the morning :D

It's grand at about 2/3 in the morning :D

Can't say I've had the pleasure of being in there that late. I think 12 was the latest I've ever been in there

Completely blanked on a formula in my exam today.

Toting up the marks afterwards, it's that cockup that'll keep me out of the A band. The slim chance I had of a 1.1 at the beginning of the year go bye-bye!

Preparing myself for a looong study session in the library tonight! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Im finished! :D

shano_88 wrote: »
    Im finished! :D

Happy Days thread --->

So...

*blows pitch pipe*

GET OUT!

:P