Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

They're actually bragging about being university of the year on the results page -_-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

They're actually bragging about being university of the year on the results page -_-

Fill it with anything! Tell them how class we are, they won't get mad then!

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

Midkemia wrote: »
    I've been in houses off campus and they seemed decent enough. Which are the worst villages off campus out of interest?
    Probably elm park and college court. Some of the houses are quite nice but some of very bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

Aaand we have results

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

iLaura wrote: »
    Aaand we have results

Feck link won't work on me phone..

Ompala wrote: »
    Feck link won't work on me phone..

Thats strange, works on mine. Are you sure you're using the right link? :P

Ninja edit! Make sure you manually put in the www.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭Subutai

Whose dick can I suck to get a .02 QCA bump?

Site has been loading for the last half hour for me... Maybe next time they're actually update their servers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

sup_dude wrote: »
    Site has been loading for the last half hour for me... Maybe next time they're actually update their servers...

Are you on si.ul.ie? only results.ul.ie will work for me :)

Are you on si.ul.ie? only results.ul.ie will work for me :)

Yeah I ended up just using that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Anyone here doing their FYP? Anyone get M where there should be a grade! Kind of worried about what that means!

Anyone here doing their FYP? Anyone get M where there should be a grade! Kind of worried about what that means!

Means you don't get a grade. It's pass/fail as such, and you've passed. :)

Means you don't get a grade. It's pass/fail as such, and you've passed. :)
    Ah, I thought my brother had said that we get graded for the first semester of that module because he mentioned his FYP supervisor giving him a B1 despite him never meeting up with him which was separate from his overall grade for the FYP. I wonder how much the grades will change on the 12th of February?

I know the current results are only provisional, but in case they don't change, anyone know the dates for viewing scripts? Student portal doesn't want to load apparently -.-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭phish

I know the current results are only provisional, but in case they don't change, anyone know the dates for viewing scripts? Student portal doesn't want to load apparently -.-

Its either the 16/17th or the 17/18th. Its on the results page where you sign into it.

Rescheduled Dates

Please note the rescheduled dates for the following events:

Students can apply for grade rechecks from 12th February to 26th February
    Academic Departments’ Viewing of Scripts will move to 17th/18th February
    Student Status Committees will be held on the Wednesday 18th February

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

What are the chances of provisional results changing?

OwaynOTT wrote: »

Depends on the results. Quite sure one of mine will change, not sure if the rest will. Won't really know until the 12th, unless your lecturer can tell you.

Depends on the results. Quite sure one of mine will change, not sure if the rest will. Won't really know until the 12th, unless your lecturer can tell you.

Imagine I'm stupid, why would they change them?

Also is there a fee involved in viewing scripts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 evanmc19

Got d1 in a module but got qca over 2,
    Do I have to repeat it?

• Advertisement

evanmc19 wrote: »
    Do I have to repeat it?

Not if you're in first year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Ah, I thought my brother had said that we get graded for the first semester of that module because he mentioned his FYP supervisor giving him a B1 despite him never meeting up with him which was separate from his overall grade for the FYP. I wonder how much the grades will change on the 12th of February?

It might differ department by department, but we get two grades in May for our FYP. So we'd get a B1B1 for example. They give an M now because you're still doing the module basically.
    Do I have to repeat it?

If your QCA is above 2 after Summer exams, no you don't have to repeat it. You can repeat it if you want, but unless you're in 3rd or 4th year there's not much point, and if you're in 1st year there's no point whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 evanmc19

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    It might differ department by department, but we get two grades in May for our FYP. So we'd get a B1B1 for example. They give an M now because you're still doing the module basically.

If your QCA is above 2 after Summer exams, no you don't have to repeat it. You can repeat it if you want, but unless you're in 3rd or 4th year there's not much point, and if you're in 1st year there's no point whatsoever.

Perfect thanks, I am in second year but on co op and Erasmus at moment.
    So think I am safe from repeats :)

I've never had a grade change between the provisional and final results.

Perfect thanks, I am in second year but on co op and Erasmus at moment.
    So think I am safe from repeats :)

Well your QCA would go up a bit if you clear the D from your transcript, and those few points can make a huge difference between a 2.2, 2.1 and 1.1 in the end, but really that's your call to make at the end of the day. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

I got 3 fails, 1compensating fail and two passes with a session QCA of 0.84

What does this mean for me? I'll have to repeat the semester or I can repeat the the modules in August?

• Advertisement

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    I got 3 fails, 1compensating fail and two passes with a session QCA of 0.84

What does this mean for me? I'll have to repeat the semester or I can repeat the the modules in August?

Assuming you get your QCA above 2 and don't fail any other modules in the Spring semester you won't have to repeat the semester. You will have to clear the failed grades in August though. The Compensating *pass (it's not a compensating fail!) is optional, though if you're in 2-4th year you'd probably want to clear that too. Keep in mind you're only permitted to do 4 repeats in an academic year.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Les_Rebels123

Subutai wrote: »
    Whose dick can I suck to get a .02 QCA bump?

I feel your desire Subatai.... I'm 0.02 off a presidents letter... Have heard of them, never got one, and the 0.02 is just a tease!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

What do you have to get to get a presidents letter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭Beargrylls01

shano_88 wrote: »
    What do you have to get to get a presidents letter?

Get over a 3.5 QCA.

I feel your desire Subatai.... I'm 0.02 off a presidents letter... Have heard of them, never got one, and the 0.02 is just a tease!!!

If it's a president's letter you're after then there's an obvious dick to get started on :P

• Advertisement

Is it a qca of 3.5 for a semester or is it an final qca of 3.5 to get that letter?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Les_Rebels123

Is it a qca of 3.5 for a semester or is it an final qca of 3.5 to get that letter?

Per semester

I am not looking forward to tomorrow. 9 til 6, no food, no sitting down, gonna be constant go go go... I was bad enough today, tomorrow is literally nearly three times as bad.

I am not looking forward to tomorrow. 9 til 6, no food, no sitting down, gonna be constant go go go... I was bad enough today, tomorrow is literally nearly three times as bad.

I can get you something before I meet you if you want!

I can get you something before I meet you if you want!

Ah no, you showing up is enough! :) I do have some bad news for you though. Despite literally running into nearly every shop that was open yesterday evening, there's not a single flask in the Castletroy area that's in a shop open past 6pm.. I do, however, have smarties, digestive biscuits, chocolate bars and lollipops. And if you really want tea, I'll go to the canteen and get some :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

^^^ ^^^
    Boards Friends :D

^^^ ^^^
    Boards Friends :D

I don't even know her yet and she's already amazing :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Anonymous Boards Friends!

Ah anyone with an interest in tea and biscuits is worth looking up... :P
    If Sociology is taught me nothing else... people who like tea and biscuits are generally great craic... I think that was Marx...

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Midkemia

I've never been much of a biscuit fan.

Depends on the biscuit... Not a fan of jam or coconut so most of them are out for me. Can't beat a thick tea, with a large dollop of butter sticking two together...

• Advertisement

Much prefer a chocolate digestive with cold milk than tea and a biscuit...does that make me strange? D:

Much lrefer a chocolate digestive with cold milk than tea and a biscuit...does that make me strange? D:

I like both but a chocolate digestive with cold milk is quite nice. :)

I don't know if these two people are the same couple from the library, but holy Jesus, there is absolutely zero reason to be on top of each other shifting in the SU. That's definitely not something I want to see while eating lunch.

On another note, I will never fulfill my dream of being a jockey :P

I don't know if these two people are the same couple from the library, but holy Jesus, there is absolutely zero reason to be on top of each other shifting in the SU. That's definitely not something I want to see while eating lunch.

Not to give too much away but dark haired couple?

Ah you were grand! It's a lot of work for someone not used to it. If it makes you feel better, I'm extremely unfit and had to do about 200 squats today, because of that stupid test where you have to point your feet. I took about ten minutes to get up the stairs when I got home :P

Not to give too much away but dark haired couple?

Ah you were grand! It's a lot of work for someone not used to it. If it makes you feel better, I'm extremely unfit and had to do about 200 squats today, because of that stupid test where you have to point your feet. I took about ten minutes to get up the stairs when I got home :P

Yup, dark haired. I'm just glad I havent seen it happening in the library :P

You would have been great squatting against the wall so! I am very proud of my half a push up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

Ah anyone with an interest in tea and biscuits is worth looking up... :P
    If Sociology is taught me nothing else... people who like tea and biscuits are generally great craic... I think that was Marx...

What do they say about people who like neither?

sibby wrote: »
    What do they say about people who like neither?

That they are only living half a life

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

I must go reevaluate my life so.......

sibby wrote: »
    I must go reevaluate my life so.......

Its okay, we all have our flaws

• Advertisement

I'm pretty sure I saw them walking up the stairs in the SU. And they were all over each other going up there too. *shudder*

Don't mind them sibby, tea is sh*te.

Biscuits are lovely though, so you're on your own there you weirdo. :P

Advertisement