Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

Biscuits are no cake though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I saw them walking up the stairs in the SU. And they were all over each other going up there too. *shudder*

If it's the same couple, can we have campaign to have a restraining order placed on them when in public? What's that Shakespear quote...
    These violent delights have violent ends
    And in their triumph die, like fire and powder,
    Which, as they kiss, consume. The sweetest honey
    Is loathsome in his own deliciousness
    And in the taste confounds the appetite.
    Therefore love moderately. Long love doth so.
    Too swift arrives as tardy as too slow.
    I really wanted to put that on their desk in the library when they go for lunch.

If it's not the same couple and there's two, can we campaign for all couples to restrain themselves within public or be subjected to the same restraining order?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

sup_dude wrote: »
    If it's the same couple, can we have campaign to have a restraining order placed on them when in public? What's that Shakespear quote...
    These violent delights have violent ends
    And in their triumph die, like fire and powder,
    Which, as they kiss, consume. The sweetest honey
    Is loathsome in his own deliciousness
    And in the taste confounds the appetite.
    Therefore love moderately. Long love doth so.
    Too swift arrives as tardy as too slow.
    I really wanted to put that on their desk in the library when they go for lunch.

If it's not the same couple and there's two, can we campaign for all couples to restrain themselves within public or be subjected to the same restraining order?

While in the SU one of my friends turned around to me and my boyfriend and thanked us for not being like that in public. PDAs are icky! So yes, we should campaign!

iLaura wrote: »
    While in the SU one of my friends turned around to me and my boyfriend and thanked us for not being like that in public. PDAs are icky! So yes, we should campaign!

They're just so completely unnecessary. I mean, to me it's just a sign of insecurity. It's not so much "look how much we love each other!", it's more "look, he/she is mine! All mine! Everyone needs to know in case anyone gets any ideas!" I mean, you can do that at home and it'll probably add more value to it because you're not going around acting like that 24/7.

They're just so completely unnecessary. I mean, to me it's just a sign of insecurity. It's not so much "look how much we love each other!", it's more "look, he/she is mine! All mine! Everyone needs to know in case anyone gets any ideas!" I mean, you can do that at home and it'll probably add more value to it because you're not going around acting like that 24/7.

I'd hate to see that poor girls neck, he was leeched onto it for half the fecking day. No wonder she was wearig a scarf.
    But yeah, I totally agree with it being an attention thing. There is literally no other reason to be behaving like that, especially not when you're in college and meant to be mature and stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

I can't stand the SU. It's so filthy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

I've only been in the SU once and that was during Orientation Week :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    I've only been in the SU once and that was during Orientation Week :o

I never venture any further than the really warm room with the padded walls.

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

Thats strange, works on mine. Are you sure you're using the right link? :P

Ninja edit! Make sure you manually put in the www.

Only seeing this now :o
    It was more a case of Dublin Bus Wifi acting the prick :P
    Thanks anyways!

SU is always so smelly :P I've only been there about 3 times this academic year since all my friends are back from coop, and the only reason we're there is cause the couches in raisins are gone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

I never knew there was anything in the students union other than a counter to buy tickets from :o

I never knew there was anything in the students union other than a counter to buy tickets from :o

There's pool tables upstairs, and some couches and ethernet ports

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

There's pool tables upstairs, and some couches and ethernet ports

Except the pool cues are terrible and couches are mank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Strange sense of deja vu...
    Have we had this biscuits vs cake argument before... :P
    Also, Venice is great but no internet at my student accom... :S
    Apparently we can buy it off someone who calls around a few times a week, don't know when, don't know what hours, but he'll come...
    Not holding out.. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

My friend lives with the couple from the library we were discussing a few weeks ago...Sitting in the Sitting Room with their hands all over each other is enough to put you off food for a week!

Aragneer wrote: »
    My friend lives with the couple from the library we were discussing a few weeks ago...Sitting in the Sitting Room with their hands all over each other is enough to put you off food for a week!

Oh dear god, your friend has my condolences...

I love how famous they are.

Have we had this biscuits vs cake argument before... :P

Buy jaffas, best of both worlds!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I never venture any further than the really warm room with the padded walls.

:P

I'm the only other one here that knows where you mean :o

I'm the only other one here that knows where you mean :o

Don't bet on it.. :P

Anyone know if the spar near stables sells 2 litre bottles of lucozade?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Shh lads, if that couple get word of the place I shudder to think what they'll do with the microphones... :pac:

Shh lads, if that couple get word of the place I shudder to think what they'll do with the microphones... :pac:

They were just inside the door of the common room shifting against the wall. I reeeeeally just dont understand it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

I think we need to set up like a support group for you guys.. all very traumatized.

Wonder what'll happen when they break up...
    Will the alternative be better?
    Thinking back to a Spongebob episode..
    Child.. :P

Does anyone know if the photo box machine in the hallway to red raisins takes passport sized photos and how much they cost? Thanks!

Does anyone know if the photo box machine in the hallway to red raisins takes passport sized photos and how much they cost? Thanks!

No idea, but I know the SU do either 6 or 8 passport photos for €6 if you ask at the desk

No idea, but I know the SU do either 6 or 8 passport photos for €6 if you ask at the desk

Is the desk open late tonight do you know? Won't be in UL until about 5pm this evening and need to get the photo today :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Is it worth going to the Tri-Faculty Ball? Not sure whether if I should fork out 40 quid for a night..

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Is it worth going to the Tri-Faculty Ball? Not sure whether if I should fork out 40 quid for a night..

They're worth going to once. Went in first year to the Sci and Eng one. Was good fun, just an awful lot of effort :P

• Advertisement

Went to one Ball back in my first year..
    C&S Ball..
    Was in no mood for it on the night though and sort of marred by view on balls from then on..
    I'd say if you go, go with friends, and be prepared to drink, being it's likely the majority will be smashed before they get there..
    'You can polish a turd but it's still a turd' comes to mind..
    Just to say I'm not a prude, I've been that turd on many an occasion :P
    I'm mad anti-craic :P

They need to turn off the radiators in the library. I'm ridiculously uncomfortably warm and sick on top of it so I doubt any work will be done today. Plus, my seat was taken so now I've to sit somewhere else which is throwing me completely out of balance and the guy beside me is tearing up bits of paper :(

They need to turn off the radiators in the library. I'm ridiculously uncomfortably warm and sick on top of it so I doubt any work will be done today. Plus, my seat was taken so now I've to sit somewhere else which is throwing me completely out of balance and the guy beside me is tearing up bits of paper :(

That post is the makings of a 1000 adverts!
    Chocolate, Tea, Biscuits, Bubble Bath, Menopausal pills, 'the pill' Mattresses, pillows, duvets, air conditioners, ice creams etc. :P
    Coming to a TV near you soon! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Midkemia

I can't make friends when sober , an every friend I make when drunk I can't talk to when I'm sober. I think I might have a problem ?! :P

That post is the makings of a 1000 adverts!
    Chocolate, Tea, Biscuits, Bubble Bath, Menopausal pills, 'the pill' Mattresses, pillows, duvets, air conditioners, ice creams etc. :P
    Coming to a TV near you soon! :P

I realise majority of that was due to being sick. I'm after coming home and I've a pair of short and tshirt on and all the windows open and I'm still boiling over :p
    Midkemia wrote: »
    I can't make friends when sober , an every friend I make when drunk I can't talk to when I'm sober. I think I might have a problem ?! :P
    Only if you stay drunk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

You know you spend too much time in the library when you have a favourite seat! I do!:pac: Kick him! I believe that violence is necessary in the library. I feel like having been in this library for four years has made me extremely anti-people and angry/angrier! All that comes to mind when I'm here is parks and recreation and Leslie's hatred of the library!

• Advertisement

Also what is every college student's obsession with chocolate milk? Every time I turn around I see one of those stupid cartons!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Midkemia

Also what is every college student's obsession with chocolate milk? Every time I turn around I see one of those stupid cartons!

Mooju tastes unreal !

You know you spend too much time in the library when you have a favourite seat! I do!:pac: Kick him! I believe that violence is necessary in the library. I feel like having been in this library for four years has made me extremely anti-people and angry/angrier! All that comes to mind when I'm here is parks and recreation and Leslie's hatred of the library!

Aha I've sat in that seat most of last semester and just about all of this semester thus far, except twice :P Aha bringing out violent tendancies!
    Midkemia wrote: »
    Mooju tastes unreal !

That stuff is disgusting.

That stuff is disgusting.
    I've never drank it but judging by the fact I see it everywhere it must be good, unless all these people are avid gym goers. My two most disliked things brought together, the gym and those cartons! I really don't think anyone over the age of 7 should be drinking chocolate milk. Hot chocolate is okay but cold milk chocolate? First of all why and second of all no.

I've never drank it but judging by the fact I see it everywhere it must be good, unless all these people are avid gym goers. My two most disliked things brought together, the gym and those cartons! I really don't think anyone over the age of 7 should be drinking chocolate milk. Hot chocolate is okay but cold milk chocolate? First of all why and second of all no.

Some of them are really nice. That other one is drinkable. Mooju is rotten though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

The library is like a sauna today.

Why do people talk and laugh in the library, why?? Trying to keep my blood pressure stable. Talking I can just about handle, but laughing? Seriously? :mad: Anyway It's my birthday today and Pancake Tuesday tomorrow so that'll keep me sane! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭VanishingActs

Why do people talk and laugh in the library, why?? Trying to keep my blood pressure stable. Talking I can just about handle, but laughing? Seriously? :mad: Anyway It's my birthday today and Pancake Tuesday tomorrow so that'll keep me sane! :)

Happy birthday! :D

Happy Birthday Ms Flower,
    Enjoy your day in the library and your pancakes tomorrow :D

Happy birthday! :D
    Happy Birthday Ms Flower,
    Enjoy your day in the library and your pancakes tomorrow :D

200px-132Ditto_Ranger3.png

200px-132Ditto_Ranger3.png
    I've no idea what that is, but thank you!:P

I've no idea what that is, but thank you!:P

Aha it's a Pokemon called Ditto.

Ahahahahha, I got the reference! That was very good :P

Happy birthday Precious Flower! :D

In case people weren't aware, and I am using this thread to tell people since it's more active than happy days thread :pac:, Drumroe Village Reception are doing pancakes from 12 o'clock with the money going to Crumlin Children's Hospital. No better way to eat pancakes!:):)
    I wonder what I will give up/take on for lent? I always fail at that! Doing more exercise might be a good one though!:o

Oh! I haven't watched pokemon since I was a child so I can't remember the characters except that egg thing that Misty use to have. Did that actually have a power or what, I can't remember.
    Oh my God the guy behind me is scrathing so much he's making me fierce itchy. He probably can't help it but it's driving me crazy. He better not have fleas!:pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement