Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Where abouts are the computer labs in KBS? Im not in there too often..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Ya, I go to the classrooms in the Kemmy during the day. Go in around 10 and get a space no bother and still plenty of other spaces around. Then the library in the evening!

kerryked wrote: »
    Where abouts are the computer labs in KBS? Im not in there too often..

First floor and go right. The computer labs are on your left and classrooms on your right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Someone just left a laptop at a table and walked off at 5 past 8 and there still not here :confused: There's people looking for seats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Someone just left a laptop at a table and walked off at 5 past 8 and there still not here :confused: There's people looking for seats.

That person that left is probably tucked up in bed, safe in the knowledge that their library seat is secure..makes you feel like you're actually studying if you can tell people you have a seat in the library yano :rolleyes::D

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Midkemia

Any free seats in the library ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

I tell you now, there's money to be made in an app to check that.
    All you need is 2/3 people to check seats at maybe hourly intervals over the day.
    Will also clamp down on seats being held for folk, just holding bags or being empty for hours. Should result in a more efficient library where seats are filled with people for the majority of the day. I've gone into a 'full' library more than once where over a third of seats are empty. Wasted productivity.
    Plausible idea for a FYP. Could be used by computing, sociology or business students, depending on how you approach it...

You heard it here first... :P
    I'll get nowhere in life if I keep giving away all my million euro ideas for free.. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

Midkemia wrote: »
    Any free seats in the library ?

Yup, 2 by me on the first floor by the single desks

I think I saw a free table near the windows on level 1 about 10 minutes ago

If I go to the library around 6 will I get a seat? Or 6:30 even?

• Advertisement

If I go to the library around 6 will I get a seat? Or 6:30 even?

Yep! There's a good few free. Two of them directly across from me are and I can see another few

iLaura wrote: »
    Yep! There's a good few free. Two of them directly across from me are and I can see another few

Thanks Laura :)
    Got a good window seat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Library is definitely quieter compared to last year....

Seat's easily available throughout the day, and no need to scout for about 10 minutes. I'd say the addition of the card reader gates as keeping the leaving cert's away at last. Also, there's a stapler downstairs now so halle-freakin-lullah i can staple all these exam papers together!

Is there any chance of getting a seat with a plug in the library around 12?

I'm way to tired to queue and walk into the library again

Is there any chance of getting a seat with a plug in the library around 12?

I'm way to tired to queue and walk into the library again

Almost definitely. The queue hasnt even reached the doors of the foundation building yet

Almost definitely. The queue hasnt even reached the doors of the foundation building yet

Thank you :) I thougit I was the only one who couldn't handle another early day haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Can the printers in the library print a3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Ciano35 wrote: »
    Can the printers in the library print a3?

Yeah, just change the page size in page properties when printing.

Any free plug seats in the library?

• Advertisement

Any free plug seats in the library?

None that I can see around me

None that I can see around me

Might go in around 5 so and stay until closing.. Hopefully there will be a few then

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Midkemia

Yea I went in from 6-12 last night best decision ever :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Exactly what I do here...
    Have lunch before I go and bring some odds and ends with me for later on, yesterday was 4 to 11..
    In UL was 6 - close weeks coming up to exams.

I literally cannot do early mornings.
    Got to the stage where I can turn off my alarm in my sleep.. :/

Why the fúck do friends sit by each other in the library? One girl beside me and her two friends across from us and all they've been doing is laughing, passing across phones, texting and then going on like, 2 hour breaks every 1.5 hours. Wrecking my head!

Where can I get a coffee at this hour that's close to the library? (Feeling the effects of 4 days of studying Flight Vibrations)

• Advertisement

FionnK86 wrote: »
    Where can I get a coffee at this hour that's close to the library? (Feeling the effects of 4 days of studying Flight Vibrations)

I think Scholars is the only place thats open this late that'll do tea and coffee still

Girl in Spar scratched my palm with her big pink claw nails giving me back my change earlier. It bled. :(
    And they didn't put enough cheese in my roll.
    And is all that music coming from the Stables? Am I missing something? How friendless am I?

Girl in Spar scratched my palm with her big pink claw nails giving me back my change earlier. It bled. :(
    And they didn't put enough cheese in my roll.
    And is all that music coming from the Stables? Am I missing something? How friendless am I?

Yeah, there's a student accomoation party apparently...sound for the invite...

Someone farted real bad in the library and the smell of it.Some cheeky b**ch in the sitting in front of me had the cheek to give me a dirty look over it...and then she leaves....definitely was her ffs :mad::mad:

FionnK86 wrote: »
    Yeah, there's a student accomoation party apparently...sound for the invite...

Someone farted real bad in the library and the smell of it.Some cheeky b**ch in the sitting in front of me had the cheek to give me a dirty look over it...and then she leaves....definitely was her ffs :mad::mad:

I believe the term is. Whoever smelt it dealt it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Must. Stay. Awake...

• Advertisement

shano_88 wrote: »
    I believe the term is. Whoever smelt it dealt it!

However said the rhyme did the crime

I decided sleeping was more important than getting up at 6.30, whats the seating arrangement like in there today?

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭North of 32

I decided sleeping was more important than getting up at 6.30, whats the seating arrangement like in there today?

Quite quiet - many seats available.

Loads of seats empty so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

We should really have a "LIBRARY WATCH!" thread tbh. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭North of 32

I hate exams. Give me 5 essays and a presentation rather than these 2 exams. I haven't done an exam since the first semester of 2nd year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Anyone know Snap prices for printing and binding an FYP?

FFS. We had to submit towns for our placement school last October-ish and were told we'd find out what school we were going to today. Do you think they've found a placement school for me yet? No, of course not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭phish

FFS. We had to submit towns for our placement school last October-ish and were told we'd find out what school we were going to today. Do you think they've found a placement school for me yet? No, of course not.

That's the TP office for ya! Honestly would be shocked if they managed to place everybody for once.

phish wrote: »
    That's the TP office for ya! Honestly would be shocked if they managed to place everybody for once.

I then went in to talk to Niamh O'Sullivan and she conveniently wasn't there. All I want to know is how far down my list they are. I don't need this added pressure right now!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Ah iLaura come on, you've only given them 6 full months to sort it, this is UL bureaucracy we're talking about here!

If I was you I'd try an email to Carol Lewis, she does placements for TP as well and is much nicer than Niamh

phish wrote: »
    If I was you I'd try an email to Carol Lewis, she does placements for TP as well and is much nicer than Niamh

I emailed Niamh and she sent me back my list of towns and their progress on it. They've only contacted 5 towns so far, 4 of which only had one school in them. They've literally only contacted 7 schools so far. How does it take that long?!

I emailed Niamh and she sent me back my list of towns and their progress on it. They've only contacted 5 towns so far, 4 of which only had one school in them. They've literally only contacted 7 schools so far. How does it take that long?!

Because they can be idiots.

I was told that they had a possible school lined up and were waiting for confirmation but that basically the science department head had already said yes. I asked them what school it was and was told a school that had shut down at least 3/4 years earlier!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭Subutai

I'd imagine that it's a combination of

1) Crap UL bureaucracy
    2) Trying to contact schools who, as far as I can tell, are **** at getting back to you themselves. I've often had to email a school 2 or 3 times in a week or get a response.
    3) The course in UL expanded hugely the last few years, and it's not really clear that they were super well prepared for that
    4) Loads of other Universities decided to add concurrent education courses to their list and the PME became a 2 year course with much more placement; meaning that there's loads of students out in schools compared to 5 years ago.
    5) The ****ing Teaching Council keep changing the requirements for School Placement, which surely causes chaos within the TP office whenever it happens.

The whole thing is a cluster****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Anyone know if Kemmy is open at weekends?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

Ya it's open untill around four normally.

I was aiming for a B1 in one module and the more study I do for it the more I realise I'll be lucky to get a C3 :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭VanishingActs

Trust me to get sick during study week. Feeling very unprepared for my exam Wednesday. I'm just glad I got the last of my assignments out of the way last week.

• Advertisement

I just want the exams to start already. The Leaving Cert was less stressful than these exams

Advertisement