Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

I want my exams to be over already. I can't remember if I was this stressed last semester or not :P

You're the opposite of me and my friends, we're are the point of not caring about the exams and so arent stressed at all. They're all saying its cause they were on co op last semester, but for someone who had college last semester, I wasnt worried then and still am not now. Its weird how apathetic I am towards them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

iLaura wrote: »
    You're the opposite of me and my friends, we're are the point of not caring about the exams and so arent stressed at all. They're all saying its cause they were on co op last semester, but for someone who had college last semester, I wasnt worried then and still am not now. Its weird how apathetic I am towards them

I really don't want to have any repeats :( For my next exam I don't know if I'm really really prepared for it or if I know nothing. It's SO broad and that is just stressing me out even more :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

I really don't want to have any repeats :( For my next exam I don't know if I'm really really prepared for it or if I know nothing. It's SO broad and that is just stressing me out even more :P

Have you looked at past exam papers? The subject might be broad but the exam might have a narrow enough range.

sup_dude wrote: »
    Have you looked at past exam papers? The subject might be broad but the exam might have a narrow enough range.

It's different stuff covered every year unfortunately :(

It's different stuff covered every year unfortunately :(

It'll still tell you how to approach the subject material. Remember, you're in first year. You only have to pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭phish

My problem with my exams is that I was on TP last semester so it was this time last year when I last had exams and honestly can't remember how I used to study. Add to that the stress of REALLY not wanting any repeats or bad grades so I can actually graduate with my class I'm just stressed out with no idea what I'm doing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

Never been more relaxed about exams in my life. Not sure if it's because they're (hopefully) my last ever exams or what! I think it's because I have a job lined up which doesn't depend on grades so I'm back to the "just have to pass" area :D Hope I can get some motivation though. I'd still like to do well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Not gonna lie Chris, I'm legitimately thinking of making that app for my FYP now... :P

#youshouldhavegotapatent

You're assuming I haven't already, sitting back and waiting for all the work to be done, eating my one and a half sausage rolls for 5% share (we'll negotiate specifics later iLaura :P) then sell patenting rights and buy myself a ferry :)

#EconomicsBítches :cool:

You're assuming I haven't already, sitting back and waiting for all the work to be done, eating my one and a half sausage rolls for 5% share (we'll negotiate specifics later iLaura :P) then sell patenting rights and buy myself a ferry :)

#EconomicsBítches :cool:

Only 5%? As the brain child of this project (which I consider myself to be for some reason) I demand more! I mean, 1.5 sausage rolls is worth more than that.

• Advertisement

Dúnfar an deisc eolas i gceann cúig nóiméad déag. Fanfaidh an foirgneamh oscailt.
    Forever ingrained in my memory.

Dúnfar an deisc eolas i gceann cúig nóiméad déag. Fanfaidh an foirgneamh oscailt.

After six years of Irish in school that's probably the only full sentence I know :P

More like: Dún... Dúnfar... Dúnfar an deisc eolas i gceann cúid nóiméad déag :D

After six years of Irish in school that's probably the only full sentence I know :P

Leigh anois go curamach, ar do scrudpáipéar na treoracha agus na ceisteanna a ghabhann le cuid a *BEEEEEEEP*

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Midkemia

I did Irish and I don't know what this means, pass though :pac:

Studying advanced Irish in college and that's probably the only full sentence I know.....

• Advertisement

Midkemia wrote: »
    I did Irish and I don't know what this means, pass though :pac:
    Someone in the same boat!
    Except I didn't do Irish :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

While I will continue to sing the praises of SAA or whoever it was that decided people who are typing their exams get to use the Fishtank now until the end of time, I will say that the keyboards in there are heaps of sh*te. I absolutely loathe those old Dell keyboards, I actually found it hard to type on them 'cos I'm so used to a flatter keyboard.

Why a ferry Chris? *joke about migrants to Europe redacted*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Is the internet down in Plassey? Wasn't working for me llast night and was hoping it'd be back up this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭phish

Pipe burst upstairs and flooded our apartment kitchen, one of the bedrooms and half of the hall.

Not what you want to wake up to at 6:30 !!!

I've been circling the library for 15 minutes and still no seat :( anyone know where else I can go to study that has a plug?

• Advertisement

I've been circling the library for 15 minutes and still no seat :( anyone know where else I can go to study that has a plug?

Do you know where Eden is?

You could go to some of the computer labs. Apparently the ones in Health Science have massive desks (so you can push back the keyboard) and are practically empty all the time. Either there or the B2 computer labs (though they need keycard access after 6pm)

Do you know where Eden is?

I got the bus home instead :) got it for free cos the leap card machine wasn't working

I got the bus home instead :) got it for free cos the leap card machine wasn't working
    For again, if you go up to Eden (same level as the Health Centre) and keep going towards the Foundation Building, there's a room/hall that has a few sets of plugs and a couple of those square orange seats. It's at the bridge thing between foundation building and the main building and it's usually quiet.

wnolan1992 wrote: »

Why a ferry Chris? *joke about migrants to Europe redacted*

Had no notions of sailing or fishing, never really done either, until I came here, and I've passed some monumental luxury ferries and yachts.
    Realised only then do you know you've succeeded in life. Sure a nice car and house is great but a ferry is just out and out extortion to the max. The ultimate discretionary expenditure. :D

Still no internet in Plassey. ITD can take their time cuz it's not like I've no exams or anything... >.>

Yik yak is destroying my qca

Why do they lock the laundrette when the machines are still going? Could they not wait a while til they're finished? They're obviously still in use. I didn't know they locked up so early. My clothes didn't dry so I put them back on and went up for my book to sit for ten/twenty mins. Came back down to find the whole place shut and the dryer off meaning my clothes are gonna stay damp in the dryer until morning after which I'll probably have to pay for another washing token to get them washed again...

Why do they lock the laundrette when the machines are still going? Could they not wait a while til they're finished? They're obviously still in use. I didn't know they locked up so early. My clothes didn't dry so I put them back on and went up for my book to sit for ten/twenty mins. Came back down to find the whole place shut and the dryer off meaning my clothes are gonna stay damp in the dryer until morning after which I'll probably have to pay for another washing token to get them washed again...

Happened to me before it's very annoying especially with how much of a rip off it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

I think I'll just stop studying, relax for a few days and start studying again in July for the repeat.

• Advertisement

I won't be able to get to the library until 10 past 9. Will there still be free seats then?

I won't be able to get to the library until 10 past 9. Will there still be free seats then?

Yup, definitely

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Ya I just arrived now and there's a good few free on the top floor.

Thanks :) it's gonna be 20 past by the time I get there at this rate!

I'm not sure why people come and sit at a desk with a perfectly functional plug and wire, and take out a notebook and no laptop... I mean there's now a heap of desks without plugs that would be better suited, leaving the rest free for those who need them.

Gotta love almost being run over by a bus on a pedestrian crossing... Even though I was already on the damn thing by the time the bus approached it, yet he still kept driving :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I'm not sure why people come and sit at a desk with a perfectly functional plug and wire, and take out a notebook and no laptop... I mean there's now a heap of desks without plugs that would be better suited, leaving the rest free for those who need them.

The same reason people come, drop their stuff, and leve. Because people don't give a f*ck about anyone else.

Excellent, the roof above my seat is leaking. I was wondering who kept flicking water at me :pac:

Someone beside me is eating something that smells SO bad :eek:

• Advertisement

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Excellent, the roof above my seat is leaking. I was wondering who kept flicking water at me :pac:

Well, that fúcking sucks. You should probably mention it to someone that the roof is leaking? :P

I've noticed that in the library. Same thing in the cafe as well :P

To the douchebag who took of his shoes and put them on the radiator in the first floor lab in CSIS... Thank you for making us all feel ill from the absolutely disgusting smell :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

What's up with people taking off their shoes?!! People are forever doing it in the lab I study in and walking around in their socks.
    You're not at home! Keep your shoes on!

sibby wrote: »
    What's up with people taking off their shoes?!! People are forever doing it in the lab I study in and walking around in their socks.

It's disgusting! His feet / shoes actually smell so bad. We can't even study now because it's so distracting. We've all the windows open and it's barely helping.

sibby wrote: »

Back when we had the really hot weather, our maths tutor came into the tutorial completely barefoot. I hate feet. It was the most horrible 50 minutes of my life.

• Advertisement

That sounds so so bad...
    Why the radiator?
    Were they wet?
    And still, times and places!
    Library's everywhere I think it's commonplace for people to take off their shoes. Absolutely hate it.
    If you want air to get to your feet, wear sandles, they're socially acceptable and I don't mind really when people take them off in public.
    With shoes your feet have been cooking in them since that morning. Socks intensifying heat. Seems like they're only clean from getting out of shower til next time you put your shoes on.. :P

The shoes are wet but the radiator isn't even on so it makes no sense at all to put them there

iLaura wrote: »
    Well, that fúcking sucks. You should probably mention it to someone that the roof is leaking? :P

I would, but I'm not sure how that would fix the problem in the next two hours, and after that I couldn't care less :pac:

Umbrella Chairs!

That's it.
    Fúck college.
    I'm becoming an entrepreneur.

Also Post 7000!
    A fitting tribute to it I think... :P

The shoes are wet but the radiator isn't even on so it makes no sense at all to put them there

Looks like someone's just showing off his manky shoes... :P
    Must be impervious to his own aroma.

• Advertisement
Advertisement