Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

iLaura wrote: »
    Yeah, I saw then skulking around trying to get in through the gates behind people earlier, so when I was going back in from the shop I just left enough room for me to go by and he started cursing at me :P
    The bástards managed to steal my bike last year but couldnt get the lock off properly and gave up and threw it into Bru na Grudan after bending the rim of the back tire into shíte

Their so brazen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

Their so brazen!

Lucas should be around soon and he'll run them away. Cheeky fúckers.

Lucas should be around soon and he'll run them away. Cheeky fúckers.

He's here now :D

Setting my alarm for 4am makes me feel sick :(

Setting my alarm for 4am makes me feel sick :(

A good nights sleep is gonna help you a hell of a lot more than getting up at ridiculous-o-clock to study :P

• Advertisement

It's at 9 so I plan on coming home afterwards and making up the rest of the hours so that should balance it out :P

It's at 9 so I plan on coming home afterwards and making up the rest of the hours so that should balance it out :P

I guess I just love sleep too much :P If I was really desperate before an exam at 9 I'd get up at 6, maybe 6.30 to study and absolutely no earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

For 9am and 12:30 exams, I sleep from 9pm to 12am the night before, then study from 12am until the exam, taking 20 minute power naps ever 3-4 hours.

You feel like death the evening after, but it's great if you work on crammed knowledge like I do.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    For 9am and 12:30 exams, I sleep from 9pm to 12am the night before, then study from 12am until the exam, taking 20 minute power naps ever 3-4 hours.

You feel like death the evening after, but it's great if you work on crammed knowledge like I do.

No matter how hard I try, I can never understand people like you...

I set my alarm for every 5 consecutive minutes after when I want to wake up just in case I sleep in :P

• Advertisement

No matter how hard I try, I can never understand people like you...

You're better off tbh. It's a horrifically terrible way to approach exams. I just can never seem to get motivated to study until 24 hours before the exam, at which point panic sets in and my brain is like "K, I'm ready absorb now.".

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    You're better off tbh. It's a horrifically terrible way to approach exams. I just can never seem to get motivated to study until 24 hours before the exam, at which point panic sets in and my brain is like "K, I'm ready absorb now.".

Its also not a very good way to actually learn material. All you're doing is committing it to short term memory and shiz. But still, I cant say much since I leave all my study to study week and the days prior to the exam.

Its also not a very good way to actually learn material. All you're doing is committing it to short term memory and shiz. But still, I cant say much since I leave all my study to study week and the days prior to the exam.

Yup. I literally can't remember any of the information I knew for the exam last Wednesday.

I think it had something to do with computers... :P

I've an exam tomorrow I really should be at least reading my notes right now but I'm so tired reading at this stage haha

I've an exam tomorrow I really should be at least reading my notes right now but I'm so tired reading at this stage haha

Its why you give yourself a break from it, like I am now. Daredevil is just so good!

I'm watching youtube videos of Britains got Talent and the guilt I have is incredible haha! Cannot fail this exam :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Like a bit of Johnathon and Amanda(I think) singing Con Te Partiro..
    Sickened they lost out to a dog >=[
    Don't watch the show but like the decent acts that come along..
    That shadow dance group from Greece(I think) are good as well.. These won it.
    These are past years stuff..
    Just some stuff for night ahead.. :P
    Su Bo was good and I know I'm mixing up X Factor as well now but that Irish woman Mary Byrne, loved her audition.

All worth a watch.
    Oh and the father son duo, Stavros Flatley I think.. :P

Like a bit of Johnathon and Amanda(I think) singing Con Te Partiro..
    Sickened they lost out to a dog >=[
    Don't watch the show but like the decent acts that come along..
    That shadow dance group from Greece(I think) are good as well.. These won it.
    These are past years stuff..
    Just some stuff for night ahead.. :P
    Su Bo was good and I know I'm mixing up X Factor as well now but that Irish woman Mary Byrne, loved her audition.

All worth a watch.
    Oh and the father son duo, Stavros Flatley I think.. :P

Johnathan and Charlotte :D I've just watched that one and I feel so happy its so nice when he says that "we came here as a duo we will stay here as a duo" after simon says to dump her :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

sup_dude wrote: »
    Awkward moment when you think sitting beside a Boardsie in the library... and they don't even realise and you're not sure...

Mmmm, This was possibly me. My neighbor was posting on boards today!

4 exams in the next 5 days. Gonna be intense but at least tommorows is mcqs!

Charlotte that's it.. :P
    Stab in the dark :P
    Fantastic singing, loved the song to begin with and they were fantastic for their age. Even separately I'd say they'd have gone far.
    Were very good together though, there seems to be at least one judgemental moment every season and they never learn.
    Before J&C Simon said 'just when you think things can't get any worse.'
    You think they'd learn to shut up like and postpone judgement.. :P
    Now I think Simon's signed Jonathon, unsure about Charlotte but sickened they didn't win it in the end.. :/
    Hate dog tricks on the best of days so that irked me.. :/

• Advertisement

The amount of people on Sulis for my exam tomorrow is scaring me haha

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Midkemia

Have an exam at 9am tomorrow and haven't started studying yet :P 5 am start here I come !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

shano_88 wrote: »
    Mmmm, This was possibly me. My neighbor was posting on boards today!

Ha well..uh.. nice to have met you?

Looking at that post, I realise my sentence structure is getting worse and worse as I'm getting more and more tired. I really hope I'm not missing words like that in my exams... although it's very possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Any seats in the library? Kicked out of the computer labs in Kemmy again..

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

Why are they kicking people out?!

sibby wrote: »
    Why are they kicking people out?!

Exams..

Couldn't even be bothered to put up a notice saying exams will be held in there...

So hard to study when the lecturer is an idiot...

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭oseia

sup_dude wrote: »
    So hard to study when the lecturer is an idiot...

I found it really hard to concentrate on study for two of my exams 'cause the notes had grammar mistakes in them. And one set of notes was all PDF files so I couldn't just edit them like a PowerPoint, made it worse, far too distracting. :L

oseia wrote: »
    I found it really hard to concentrate on study for two of my exams 'cause the notes had grammar mistakes in them. And one set of notes was all PDF files so I couldn't just edit them like a PowerPoint, made it worse, far too distracting. :L

It's not even the grammar mistakes, it's the shorthand that nobody else understands. Added to the fact he doesn't have a notion about what he's talking about so whatever slides aren't contradicting each other (serious, 5 slides after eachother and all of them say the opposite thing about the same topic) are just plain wrong. The only thing that'll save us is the fact he took all of his material from one book (which, I've just lost 24% in a project because the book that he uses and told us to use in the guidelines, is "not scientific enough")... Ughhh.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 BrefSpill

I usually just head to the foundation building and use the canteen once the building closes! Great peace and quiet, ever only a handful there.

It should be easy enough to get a seat in the library around 8:45 yeah?

It should be easy enough to get a seat in the library around 8:45 yeah?

Yup! Definitely

A bad housemate is a really stressful thing. It's on par with exams :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Four down one to go, the end is in sight! Co-op next semester so no more exams till next summer :D

Prepping for Erasmus exams...
    Don't mislead yourself :P

• Advertisement

Why are some people not able to be quiet in the library!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 BrefSpill

Does anyone else find those supervising the exams rude and always talking to each other while an exam is on? It's really unfair. Happened me twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

BrefSpill wrote: »
    Does anyone else find those supervising the exams rude and always talking to each other while an exam is on? It's really unfair. Happened me twice.

Complain either to one of the senior invigilators or to SAA, only way anything will get done!

Many seats knocking around?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Many seats knocking around?

Just in now and theres loads.

2 exams to go, lacking in motivation...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

2 more to go *sigh* screwed for tomorrow's..

Anyway..anyone know what was going on yesterday evening at the first bus stop after the east gate? I passed there on a bus and there was an empty bus parked in the bus stop with an ambulance outside it and a garda van behind it. Just wondering what happened, it didn't look to be too serious at the time I passed it? :confused:

Also, whats the marquee on the green outside Plassey House for? I was thinking Party on the Plaza but that's another 2 weeks away..and the fact that that's not the plaza :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭phish

kerryked wrote: »
    Anyway..anyone know what was going on yesterday evening at the first bus stop after the east gate? I passed there on a bus and there was an empty bus parked in the bus stop with an ambulance outside it and a garda van behind it. Just wondering what happened, it didn't look to be too serious at the time I passed it? :confused:

Not sure exactly but passed it twice yesterday and there was a girl on the ground in front of the bus and a nurse in a car had pulled over and was looking at her with the bus driver and the gardas looking on which made it look like the girl had either collapsed and the bus driver found her or she got hit by the bus.

She was getting off the bus at that stop and she was on crutches and as far as I could see she fell off the step from the bus stop down to the road, I hope she was ok. The bus wasn't moving when she fell so it wasn't the bus but she was on crutches.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Aw okay, hopefully it wasn't too serious for the poor girl.

That must've been it marno21, I passed there around 4:30 so that'd make sense.

Just realised I didn't read all the questions in today's exam properly and a question that I could of got an A1 in came up and I did a harder question instead :(

I've done sweet fúck all for my exam tomorrow and I am happily lying in my bed watching Breaking Bad.

Do I gave a fúck? Not a single one to be found :)

Well, looks like I spoke too soon about getting school placement. I went into them yesterday because an email I had received was contradicting itself, so wanted to know what the story was. Ended up speaking to one of the placement officers, she was lovely. We went through the nearest towns etc., and I was able to add one additional town to the list. I was also given permission to contact a school to see if they would take me. Contacted that school, principal said they'd take me on no bother. Relayed this information back to the SP office. Received an email this morning saying that I can't actually be placed in that school until they contact the school in the additional town. FFS! -.-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Well, looks like I spoke too soon about getting school placement. I went into them yesterday because an email I had received was contradicting itself, so wanted to know what the story was. Ended up speaking to one of the placement officers, she was lovely. We went through the nearest towns etc., and I was able to add one additional town to the list. I was also given permission to contact a school to see if they would take me. Contacted that school, principal said they'd take me on no bother. Relayed this information back to the SP office. Received an email this morning saying that I can't actually be placed in that school until they contact the school in the additional town. FFS! -.-

Jesus Christ what a bunch of idiots!!

Ciano35 wrote: »
    Jesus Christ what a bunch of idiots!!

What makes it worse is that 99% of people have been placed as of May 1st and I still don't know where I'm going.

• Advertisement
Advertisement