Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

iLaura wrote: »
    I assume you tried use the ones in the library?

Seems to only be two, which are both in use. Plus they can only handle 1 page at a time, cheap machines :(

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

There was a stuffed baby in the CSIS building. I don't know why. It was weird. Not everyday you see a stuffed baby...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

As in, a taxidermy-ed human child corpse? That's a bit... grim.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    As in, a taxidermy-ed human child corpse? That's a bit... grim.

(So predictable...)

A doll. I hate those things. Not going in today if I can help it!
    I haven't been a CSIS student for too long, but every single conversation I've had in that place has been about murder. Is that normal?:rolleyes:

(So predictable...)

A doll. I hate those things. Not going in today if I can help it!
    I haven't been a CSIS student for too long, but every single conversation I've had in that place has been about murder. Is that normal?:rolleyes:

Pretty normal yeah.

Most of your conversations will revolve around:
    - Murdering group project partners who refuse to work
    - Murdering TAs who are unintelligible
    - Murdering lecturers from other departments who teach modules to CSIS students who really just don't give a toss
    - Murdering CSIS lecturers who "teach" utter crap
    - Murdering yourself due to ever increasing levels of stress and lack of sleep

It's a happy building! :P

• Advertisement

We had one TA who had to look up binary numbers on Google during a tutorial. Literally, "how to count in binary." She told us she was only teaching us for her PHD!

I'll start collecting the tokens from the porridge packets and see if I can get one. I can do science, me!

Most of the convos were about hypothetical situations where students or lecturers would be involved in ridiculous deathmatches. Except the one where I kill An Post...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Dropping out of my course so I have to go down to SAA to get my forms signed and stamped for CAO and I did that last week but it was closed because of the Party on the Plaza. Anyone know if it'll be open on Monday? Check the website and it seems to be open during normal hours. Can I expect this on Monday or is there an event that the SAA will finish up early and attend said event?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

We had one TA who had to look up binary numbers on Google during a tutorial. Literally, "how to count in binary." She told us she was only teaching us for her PHD!

I'll start collecting the tokens from the porridge packets and see if I can get one. I can do science, me!

Most of the convos were about hypothetical situations where students or lecturers would be involved in ridiculous deathmatches. Except the one where I kill An Post...

There are 10 types of people in this world.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Does anyone know if it is possible to find out the % you get in exams?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Know range within 5% :P
    Why are you thinking of appealing?

• Advertisement

Know range within 5% :P
    Why are you thinking of appealing?

Nope it was just out of interest :pac:

Does anyone know if it is possible to find out the % you get in exams?

Ask to view your script.

How do I cancel my application for on-campus accommodation? Can I do it online or do I have to ring them up?

Anyone know of anywhere that hire students during the semester?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

It's incredible how you can finish and your supervisor can still screw you over. Emailed her last week after viewing scripts since she made a complete mess of it and she's only after emailing back to say she'll meet me all the way in Limerick about them. Just two weeks after I can do anything about it... I'm actually not sure I can get through graduation without hitting her. I'm even less sure I can get through graduation without losing my temper at her. It's really incredible. Right up until last year, in 20 years, I lost my temper a grand total of 2 times. That's twice in my entire life. And yet that woman has caused me to lose my temper on a fortnightly basis for the last year....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Daniel S

sup_dude wrote: »
    It's incredible how you can finish and your supervisor can still screw you over. Emailed her last week after viewing scripts since she made a complete mess of it and she's only after emailing back to say she'll meet me all the way in Limerick about them. Just two weeks after I can do anything about it... I'm actually not sure I can get through graduation without hitting her. I'm even less sure I can get through graduation without losing my temper at her. It's really incredible. Right up until last year, in 20 years, I lost my temper a grand total of 2 times. That's twice in my entire life. And yet that woman has caused me to lose my temper on a fortnightly basis for the last year....

Really looking forward to 4th year now... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭oseia

I still have to get an FYP idea and a supervisor. Meanwhile everyone in my course has both since a couple of months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Daniel S wrote:
    Really looking forward to 4th year now...

It's not that bad. I just had a very pleasant (ie absolute cow) of a supervisor who spent the whole year screwing me over :)

Would on-campus accommodation give out a reference for me? Need a landlord reference for a house to rent in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Yup, should do. Did for me. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Anybody know the SU opening hours for the summer?

Owen_S wrote: »
    Anybody know the SU opening hours for the summer?

9:00 to around 4:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

This might be a stupid question but if you get a D in an exam and decide to repeat it and then get an F in the repeat do they take your highest grade or most recent?

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

sibby wrote: »
    This might be a stupid question but if you get a D in an exam and decide to repeat it and then get an F in the repeat do they take your highest grade or most recent?

Not 100% sure but I think they take your highest.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

I was told two years ago that they took your highest, and I looked it up in the student handbook. So, I'd say check the handbook just to be sure they didn't change it.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭North of 32

I've said this before, but are they actually serious charging €42 for compulsory graduation robes? And that's advance booking. It's €45 to hire them on the day.

€42 for compulsory robes.

I've said this before, but are they actually serious charging €42 for compulsory graduation robes? And that's advance booking. It's €45 to hire them on the day.

It's 95 for a set in DIT so UL is cheaper really...

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭North of 32

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    It's 95 for a set in DIT so UL is cheaper really...

I saw that coming :D

I still think they're miserable fucks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Damn, I've forgotten to reset my password and I'm now locked out of my emails!:pac: Even though I've finished my four years I still want to be able to access my student emails. Have to get on to SAA!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

We shouldn't have to pay for them at all. If they get them handed back and constantly reuse them, I refuse to pay! If I pay 42 euro, I want to do like Mark Twain and keep my robe and wear it everywhere :pac:

Advertisement