Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

TheGunns wrote: »
    Is the Coop report a strict 10 pages? I have 10 content pages in there but there's 2 company logos within to take up space :o

No.

I used two huge f*ck off charts in mine.

Literally no one gives a toss about the report, just make it semi-decent and submit it. Be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Decent, been stuck on 9 pages for awhie and just wanted it done. Cheers!

Have you attached the pre and post co-op evaluation yokes? They count as pages too. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

Friend of mine handed it in with only 9 pages, they gave it back to him and told him it needed to be 10. So he went off and broke up paragraphs into smaller ones which added more lines, and tabbed all the paragraphs too. The report ended up being 9 full pages and the tenth page had maybe 8 or 9 lines on it, and it was accepted.

Timetables are up ^.^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

Damn... Off at 12 on Thursday but have to come in on Friday just for a tutorial 10-11... I could have had three day weekends!

Pete123456 wrote: »
    Damn... Off at 12 on Thursday but have to come in on Friday just for a tutorial 10-11... I could have had three day weekends!

Depending on what the tutorial is for you can probably switch groups. I have a five day weekend, whooooo! :D I have two hours on a Tuesday, two on a Weds and then FYP day is Friday. That all only lasts till week 3, and then week 4 sees the start of teaching practice where the REAL fun begins. Whoo :/

Pete123456 wrote: »

If you click on the module code on tt.daniel.ie you can see all the other slots, you may be able to shneak into an earlier tutorial. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭ricimaki

When I looked at the UL timetable page, I was wondering what was going on with my Wednesday:
    9.30-12.30, 13.30 to 17.30, all the one module.
    What craziness is this!!!

Then it hit me: FYP :o

Doesn't show up on tt.daniel.ie though.

ricimaki wrote: »
    When I looked at the UL timetable page, I was wondering what was going on with my Wednesday:
    9.30-12.30, 13.30 to 17.30, all the one module.
    What craziness is this!!!

Then it hit me: FYP :o

Doesn't show up on tt.daniel.ie though.

You guys get a timetabled day for FYP? We get 1 hour a week on the timetable for it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭oseia

Jesus my timetable is disgusting. :L

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    If you click on the module code on tt.daniel.ie you can see all the other slots, you may be able to shneak into an earlier tutorial. :)

Nah I thought of that already... All three of the slots are on a Friday... Mines the morning which is better than the other two I think. Thanks though!

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭ricimaki

You guys get a timetabled day for FYP? We get 1 hour a week on the timetable for it...

Yep. Wednesday is a full day for FYP's. Some people get FYP's from outside companies, and can give the full day out at the companies site. One particular company offered something like 10 or 15 FYPs to us.

I've a timetabled day too. Makes a lot of sense for me though since my FYP is in science and I'll need access to the labs and have to wait for results and such. An hour to set up an experiment and carry it out definitely isnt long enough :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

iLaura wrote:
    An hour to set up an experiment and carry it out definitely isnt long enough

Definitely not... but there were many times I wished it was...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 TCI15

Is it too early to email lectures about switching labs or should I wait until we get back in September?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Midkemia

Absolutely horrendous timetable ! One day is 9-10 and then 4-6 and I start at 9am every day :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 RianF2

9am on Fridays is going to be the death of me. Most days end at 6 for me. The bad thing is all the free time between stuff. I'd rather blocks of stuff together. Maybe I can change some stuff around :P

TCI15 wrote: »
    Is it too early to email lectures about switching labs or should I wait until we get back in September?

You're probably better off waiting. They probably won't reply until much closer anyways. Plus, a lot of labs don't start the first week either

• Registered Users Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Ah, I forgot to pay off my library loan by the 7th of August deadline for graduation, am I fooked? Or can I go in tomorrow and explain that I'm a forgetful idiot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Does anyone know if the computer labs in the Schrodinger are open this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭toodleytoo

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Ah, I forgot to pay off my library loan by the 7th of August deadline for graduation, am I fooked? Or can I go in tomorrow and explain that I'm a forgetful idiot?

You'll be grand. I paid mine later than that last year and nobody said anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

toodleytoo wrote: »
    You'll be grand. I paid mine later than that last year and nobody said anything!

Yeah, I was in there today and it was the finest, I even got my fines reduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭toodleytoo

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Yeah, I was in there today and it was the finest, I even got my fines reduced.

I actually think the same happened me. A great bunch of lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Question about paying fees, guys! I know I'll get some form of an answer faster here :P

I'm paying my fees by cheque, will I get a receipt in the mail or do I need to request one?

ALSO

Are there any forms I need to hand in once my fees are paid? I know for enrolment they need some form of a receipt, would a photocopy of the cheque do? :/

I've never had to do this before and it's leaving me flustered!

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

Barriers going up in some parking sections behind CSIS. Looks like some of that will no longer be free parking :eek:

Barriers going up in some parking sections behind CSIS. Looks like some of that will no longer be free parking :eek:

Apparently its all going to become paid, so €3 a day for the Foundation Carpark now. I'm not sure if it was a paid carpark already, but the one beside the Arena looks as if its getting ready for barriers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Ugghhhh don't want to travel the whole 7 hour (or 8, depending) bus journey for graduation...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

I don't want to go to graduation at all :/ So much hassle for a little ceremony.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

Aragneer wrote: »
    I don't want to go to graduation at all :/ So much hassle for a little ceremony.

I was looking forward to my undergrad one last year, but I don't want to go to my post grad one at all this year. It's the same ceremony and the same thing, and I've to rent the stupid robes again :mad: I'm only going because I made a deal with my family that I'd go if I got certain grades. But, you know, the dinner after with the family is always good :P

Advertisement