Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

Can anyone access student mail? I haven't been able to for a day

I've access to mine! Are you using outlook.com/studentmail.ul.ie to get access?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

iLaura wrote: »
    I've access to mine! Are you using outlook.com/studentmail.ul.ie to get access?

It's working again anyway, thanks:P

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

Class in five hours. I don't know why I'm freaked out. There's no reason.... Five hours. I just have to keep it together for five hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Annoyed... A book I'm very close to finishing (50 pages left) has been recalled by one of the two people on my MA! I asked the library if I could have it one or two more days and there answer was to return it today...So now, I am reading frantically. Urgh!

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭shazzerman

Aragneer wrote: »
    Annoyed... A book I'm very close to finishing (50 pages left) has been recalled by one of the two people on my MA! I asked the library if I could have it one or two more days and there answer was to return it today...So now, I am reading frantically. Urgh!

Why don't you photocopy the 50 pages?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

I've a tutorial that says week 1-12 ..

Is it likely that its on this week or its just a typo?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I've a tutorial that says week 1-12 ..

Is it likely that its on this week or its just a typo?

Week 3 unless you're told otherwise by the lecturer. Mine have always said 1-12 and rarely started in Week 1.

If your tutorial slot is before your first lecture in the module, no harm to potter along just in case, but most people probably won't and you'll be told the story i the first lecture.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Week 3 unless you're told otherwise by the lecturer. Mine have always said 1-12 and rarely started in Week 1.

If your tutorial slot is before your first lecture in the module, no harm to potter along just in case, but most people probably won't and you'll be told the story i the first lecture.

Yeah the tutorial is before the first lecture..

I'll go in I suppose but its like a 25 minute walk so I really hope its on haha

TBH, unless you've another reason to go in, I wouldn't bother. Worst case scenario is it's on, you miss it and can just go to one later in the week.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    TBH, unless you've another reason to go in, I wouldn't bother. Worst case scenario is it's on, you miss it and can just go to one later in the week.

I'll just count it as exercise haha!

What building has the letters LC at the start :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

I'll just count it as exercise haha!

What building has the letters LC at the start :eek:

Languages Building

I know its freshers week and everything but being woken up by some drunk girl shouting AMY loads of times outside my window at 2:30am and by the house above me shouting and banging doors is not nice :(

I know its freshers week and everything but being woken up by some drunk girl shouting AMY loads of times outside my window at 2:30am and by the house above me shouting and banging doors is not nice :(

Know those feels :/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Living near UL while on Co op was a poor decision. A poor poor decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

What tutorial is it?

If it is a language, then it should be on. Language tutorials start on Week 1! Found that out the hard way in first year :(

Long shot, but does anyone know would UL give us a letter confirming we live at a house? We have a lease, but it's not official enough for a certain utility company and I'm getting pretty desperate at this point...

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Have a co-op interview on Monday, anyone got any words of wisdom in relation to these? :P any tips/tricks/advice for these type of interviews? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Em726

Back home for the weekend and cant access sulis? It keeps saying my login is invalid. I definitely registered for my modules so i haven't got a clue whats wrong. It wont even let me change my password.. Anyone have any clue as to what im supposed to do??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Oh, would someone decide for me what masters I should do, if any? I'm torn between doing something practical and employable like technical writing/communications or doing something I would have more interest in like Human rights law or international studies? (I'm an English and history student!):p

Oh, would someone decide for me what masters I should do, if any? I'm torn between doing something practical and employable like technical writing/communications or doing something I would have more interest in like Human rights law or international studies? (I'm an English and history student!):p

Do a masters in Irish Music over in the IWA. Pilates and yoga are classes for them. :P

Note: For the record, I know that that's not all they do, it was just an easy joke. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

Anyone any idea why the timetable is screwed up?

Pete123456 wrote: »
    Anyone any idea why the timetable is screwed up?

Haven't the foggiest. Went to check it earlier and it didn't even give an option for the Student Timetable. I would kinda assume that they're changing it so the first years will have their own personalized timetable, but still, there's no reason for the whole option to be down.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

iLaura wrote: »
    Haven't the foggiest. Went to check it earlier and it didn't even give an option for the Student Timetable. I would kinda assume that they're changing it so the first years will have their own personalized timetable, but still, there's no reason for the whole option to be down.

Pfft, you're talking about ITD... it's lucky the entire online system hasn't been taken down :P

I don't know my timetable for tomorrow now :o :eek:

The Daniel timetable website isn't showing my timetable either.

I don't know my timetable for tomorrow now :o :eek:

The Daniel timetable website isn't showing my timetable either.

Yeah, tt.daniel wasn't showing my full timetable eitherl. This is why we never trust ITD and always screenshot out timetables and ALWAYS DOWNLOAD NOTES AS THEY'RE PUT UP ONTO SULIS SO YOU DON'T PANIC WHEN IT GOES DOWN AT EXAM TIME

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

Yeah if you go through the link to the student timetable it just shows lab and tutorials but no lectures.... As it happeneds I have a screenshot but still

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Midkemia

What's the new place like in the red raisins ? Think it's called chicken shack :P

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

Midkemia wrote: »
    What's the new place like in the red raisins ? Think it's called chicken shack :P

I don't know anyone who's had the chicken, but the chips are good!

I still have stamps on my loyalty card from the old restaurant thingies, I don't suppose they're any use now....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

How do I go about changing to a different tutorial?

• Advertisement

How do I go about changing to a different tutorial?

Just go to the other one.

Unless the tutorials are mandatory (i.e lecturer has told you you have to go the one you're assigned to) in which case, email the lecturer.

Advertisement