Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

oseia wrote: »
    Anyone know what hours the main building is open on a Sunday? Or every other day of the week?

Think the slopes front door is 24/7

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭oseia

What about Red Raisins (bar all the actual food places within it)?

I was in there one night at like 2am doing work and no one said anything to me so I think its fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

I've been in the main building all night before they only kick people out of red raisins sometime between 9 and 12 to clean it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Red Raisins is 24/7. Always plenty of people there pulling all nighters. It's a decent enough study space at night to be fair. I'd advise bringing an extension lead with you though, plugs are pretty scarce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Reiver

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Red Raisins is 24/7. Always plenty of people there pulling all nighters. It's a decent enough study space at night to be fair. I'd advise bringing an extension lead with you though, plugs are pretty scarce.

Bring warm clothes, maybe a flask. It gets cold there on the long nights.

Reiver wrote: »
    Bring warm clothes, maybe a flask. It gets cold there on the long nights.

Oh, and change for the vending machines for when that 4am slump hits. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Anyone know what the story is with the little stand of books in the red raisins? (Could well be gone by now, passed it on monday) Is it just a person selling them or are they for some club or soc or something? Hoping to get down to have a look at them tomorrow see if theres anything good in there

Leaving for COOP next semester and I don't wanna leave UL :( everyday it gets closer and its horrible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Leaving for COOP next semester and I don't wanna leave UL :( everyday it gets closer and its horrible

Where are you going for co-op? Don't feel sad and anxious, co-op is a great opportunity, most people really enjoy it :)

• Advertisement

have you been placed yet? I had an interview last Thursday that I thought went really well but I haven't heard anything back yet.

Why do some people canoodle and also practically hump each other in the library? It makes everyone else so uncomfortable and practically queasy, I'm getting so annoyed with this one couple up here, on the edge of saying something..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Aragneer wrote: »
    on the edge of saying something..

I think the convention is to say, 'Get a room!'

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭VanishingActs

Is there anywhere near campus where I can get passport photos done?

Is there anywhere near campus where I can get passport photos done?

They do them in the SU as far as I know.

I think there also used to be one of those booths in the main building, possibly in the C1 corridor? But I could be imagining things.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭VanishingActs

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    They do them in the SU as far as I know.

I think there also used to be one of those booths in the main building, possibly in the C1 corridor? But I could be imagining things.

Oh really? Thanks! :)

The one in that corridor said ''out of order'' last time I checked!

As far as I know the SU do them anyway. I think there's also a booth upstairs over by the Alumni shop (up the stairs, turn left and go through the double doors).

Not 100% sure now as I've never needed 'em, but worth popping in and asking. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Yep the SU do them for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭21 Schump Street

Can anyone tell me where the sociology department secretary's office is?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

duckling10 wrote: »
    just wondering if anyone knows when the exams will be/are likely to be on before christmas this year. Looking at last years timetable, which was from Sat 06/12/2014 to Fri 19/12/2014, i am wondering if the exams will be maybe from sat 5th dec to fri 18th dec? or would there possibly be exams on Sat 19th Dec this year?
    I need to know for family reasons, thanks. d

It's held on between 5th and 18th of December. There won't be any exams before or after those dates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭shano_88

Sulis down?

Anyone know if buses are running from east gate today?.. Especially the mayo buses! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Aragneer wrote: »
    Anyone know if buses are running from east gate today?.. Especially the mayo buses! :)

Michael Moran's ones are anyway, 3 and 5pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭oseia

Corduffs are going at half 3 too.

Anyone else not able to log into their email?

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

Anyone else not able to log into their email?

Able to log in while on PC, but it won't log in on my phone through the email app. It's been like that for the past two weeks :/

iLaura wrote: »
    Able to log in while on PC, but it won't log in on my phone through the email app. It's been like that for the past two weeks :/

The email app on my phone has been intermittent for a good while and now I can't get into my email on the laptop either..

And a few days ago I couldn't get into sulis.... It's like I'm not supposed to do any work :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

You guys should set up your email to forward to a gmail account, that's the way I do it. You can set it so that when you can reply with your student email through gmail too. Never had any issues this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

You guys should set up your email to forward to a gmail account, that's the way I do it. You can set it so that when you can reply with your student email through gmail too. Never had any issues this way.

I have mine set up that way too, which is good while out on teaching practice in case I get an email saying I'll be getting a visit. Though the student email going down ****s us over since we have to email tutors at least three times a week with reflections, lesson plans etc.

• Advertisement

Anyone elses email not accepting their password?

Advertisement