Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Going into week 9 now and still have no co op sorted for after christmas. Had 1 interview but that was un successful. What happens if I dont get co op?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Going into week 9 now and still have no co op sorted for after christmas. Had 1 interview but that was un successful. What happens if I dont get co op?

If you don't get Co-op, you'll need to do (I think) 3 modules in its place next semester. You'll get an email from the Co-op office asking you to attend a lecture about a week before the start of next semester, and you'll choose the modules there. The modules are marked on a Pass/Fail basis, have no bearing on your QCA, and are generally wholly irrelevant to your course (one of our options was Quantity Surveying (we're CSIS students)).

What I would say though, is don't lose hope. I literally got a job offer the morning in January as I was preparing to go into UL to choose those modules. Even if you end up starting the modules, you'll probably still get a few interviews during next semester, and if successful you don't need to complete the modules.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

Provisional exam timetable is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Daniel S

iLaura wrote: »
    Provisional exam timetable is up.

On www.timetable.ul.ie? It's not for me.

Daniel S wrote: »
    On www.timetable.ul.ie? It's not for me.

Yup. Its there for me and the bf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Daniel S

There now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Typical that I only have two exams and they're on the last days :(

I thankfully have no exams, but I have an assignment and teaching practice to deal with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

I have five exams but I finish on the 15th so it's not too bad. I hate that I have Saturday exams, it means I have to stay in Limerick for the 3 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭FameHungry

I start on the 10th, finish on the 15th. That's pretty decent imo, happy about that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Hey guys,

Anyone know what bus to get from UL to go to The Crescent?
    Do I have to take two buses and where at The Crescent will it drop me off??

Thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Aragneer wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Thank you!

Most 304's from UL go to city centre then out to crescent. If it stops in city centre and he says that's the last stop just get the next 304 outside debenhams on the Same ticket. But usually it'll just stop in city centre to collect people and then carry on. Get off at the first stop after the massive bridge over the motorway. You'll be able to see the crescent anyways :)

Most 304's from UL go to city centre then out to crescent. If it stops in city centre and he says that's the last stop just get the next 304 outside debenhams on the Same ticket. But usually it'll just stop in city centre to collect people and then carry on. Get off at the first stop after the massive bridge over the motorway. You'll be able to see the crescent anyways :)

Thank you so much :D Starting a new job out there, which is making me nervous enough without having to panic about public transport! Hahaha!
    Thanks again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,847 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Hey guys,

Thank you!

Take the 304 from The Stables. It'll drop you at the front of the Crescent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Thank you so much :D Starting a new job out there, which is making me nervous enough without having to panic about public transport! Hahaha!
    Thanks again :D

Depending on traffic. The bus from UL to the Cresent Shopping Centre could take awhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Hey guys,

Thank you!

Having taken the 304 to that area for a couple of months, all I can say is avoid it in the evening. It's ok in the morning, but in the evening prepare for 60-90 minute journeys home.

Owen_S wrote: »
    Having taken the 304 to that area for a couple of months, all I can say is avoid it in the evening. It's ok in the morning, but in the evening prepare for 60-90 minute journeys home.

I have work at 6, was thinking of getting the bus at 4, do you think this will give me enough time or should I add 30 mins on to it? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Owen_S wrote: »

90 minutes, jaysus you'd walk it in that. might be worth investing in a bike and get fit while at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

I have work at 6, was thinking of getting the bus at 4, do you think this will give me enough time or should I add 30 mins on to it? :)

The traffic isn't the problem. Bus Eireann are notorious for showing up when they should so arrive 15mins before the bus should arrive but do be prepared to wait for up to an hour for the same bus to show up

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    The traffic isn't the problem. Bus Eireann are notorious for showing up when they should so arrive 15mins before the bus should arrive but do be prepared to wait for up to an hour for the same bus to show up

I agree with this, especially on a Sunday. Took 90 minutes to get from Colbert Station to UL, simply because the 304 didn't show. Once it did, it only took me into the city and I had to wait about an hour for another one :mad:

• Advertisement

Anyone elses student email not loading? :/ I've to send a reflection to a tutor tonight and cant get it to load! Nor do I know her email address off the top of my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Anyone elses student email not loading? :/ I've to send a reflection to a tutor tonight and cant get it to load! Nor do I know her email address off the top of my head.

Bit late...

I can't get in either. Can you upload in Sulis?

Is Sulis down for anyone else? I know that Sharepoint and other things are but the email said that Sulis would stay up

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭VanishingActs

Troxck wrote: »
    Is Sulis down for anyone else? I know that Sharepoint and other things are but the email said that Sulis would stay up

Down for me, too.

Down for me, too.

It has started to let me log in but keeps telling me I'm entering an Invalid password, which I'm not. :mad:

It has started to let me log in but keeps telling me I'm entering an Invalid password, which I'm not. :mad:

Working perfectly fine for me!

Working perfectly fine for me!

It's working for me now! Not sure if it was an error on their system or if it's my rural broadband!

Just got this message while trying to upload an assignment. Thanks Sulis -.-

"We are currently experiencing difficulties. Our technical team is working to resolve this in a timely manner. Please try back again later. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and appreciate your patience."

And now student email isn't working either. GREAT.

Just got this message while trying to upload an assignment. Thanks Sulis -.-

"We are currently experiencing difficulties. Our technical team is working to resolve this in a timely manner. Please try back again later. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and appreciate your patience."

And now student email isn't working either. GREAT.

It's so annoying, especially around this time of year.

Luckily first year exams aren't really that tough, I just needed to access some slides.

I hope I'm right in thinking first year exams are okay...

• Advertisement

It's so annoying, especially around this time of year.

Luckily first year exams aren't really that tough, I just needed to access some slides.

I hope I'm right in thinking first year exams are okay...

I have an assignment to submit to SULIS, and a reflection to email to a tutor, both of which can only be done at the weekend during placement. It's so stupid.

You'll soon come to see that you can't rely on SULIS and should download the slides asap after they're put up.

Exams are grand if you attend everything and study for them. Just don't fall into the pit trap of thinking that your exams don't matter just because 1st year QCA isn't counted towards your degree. It does matter for getting co-op, especially if you're going out during summer of 2nd year 'cause your 1st year results are the only ones you'll have before your interviews.

Advertisement