Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

The price for Leap Card has stayed the same. It's only €1.60 and it means you're never stuck looking for change.

It's not really worth the likes of me getting a leap card though, when I'm now only down once every few weeks. They're more than likely doing it to push for leap cards but it's still a ridiculous price to charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

Where else on campus can I print stuff off other than the library?

Not urgent, just wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Troxck wrote: »
    Where else on campus can I print stuff off other than the library?

Not urgent, just wondering.

Fish Tank is where I usually print stuff

Fish Tank is where I usually print stuff

Where exactly is that? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,847 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

sup_dude wrote: »
    It's not really worth the likes of me getting a leap card though, when I'm now only down once every few weeks. They're more than likely doing it to push for leap cards but it's still a ridiculous price to charge.

The credit doesn't expire and you can use it in Limerick, Cork, Dublin, Waterford and Galway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Where exactly is that? :o

A Block of the main building, same level as Red Raisins. Walk through RR, through the double doors to the A Block, and the Fishtank is the computer lab on the left hand side of that corridor towards the end.

Think you can print stuff in Venus labs too (in Ski Slopes, up stairs to the right, straight out the doors to the little courtyard-y thing, and straight in front of you).

There's also Snap in the Courtyard, or the Print Room in the Main Building if you're looking to print a lot at once.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    A Block of the main building, same level as Red Raisins. Walk through RR, through the double doors to the A Block, and the Fishtank is the computer lab on the left hand side of that corridor towards the end.

Think you can print stuff in Venus labs too (in Ski Slopes, up stairs to the right, straight out the doors to the little courtyard-y thing, and straight in front of you).

There's also Snap in the Courtyard, or the Print Room in the Main Building if you're looking to print a lot at once.

Thanks!

I really should know about them after a semester here but oh well.

I always thought hat lab in Block A was for people in the Maths department like how the CSIS computers are only for CS and Games Development students...

like how the CSIS computers are only for CS and Games Development students...

MMPT, DMD and Health Informatics peeps are gonna be PISSED that you overlooked them.... :pac: :pac:

MMPT, DMD and Health Informatics peeps are gonna be PISSED that you overlooked them.... :pac: :pac:

I say I can take them on... If they use the CSIS Building like...

I say I can take them on... If they use the CSIS Building like...

OI! :mad:

• Advertisement

OI! :mad:

You're only angry because you know it's true!

You're only angry because you know it's true!

... you'd better watch your tongue or we'll hack your house back to the stone age buddy! :P

... you'd better watch your tongue or we'll hack your house back to the stone age buddy! :P

I live in the middle of no where, you literally cannot make anything about the Internet or technology in my house worse

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Jesus stop losing yer USB sticks people!!!!!

The emails are getting out of hand :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

I dunno was anyone in the smaller computer room today but the fella lecturing in statistics couldn't have been more annoying. I'd rather sit that tomorrow than what I should have been learning all day. He made people move when they took a break today even though there were only about 8 or 9 people using the 30 odd PCs! Then a guy went back for his coffee and said you can stay if you want. I thought it was for student use for the duration of the exams but clearly not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Pete123456 wrote: »
    I dunno was anyone in the smaller computer room today but the fella lecturing in statistics couldn't have been more annoying. I'd rather sit that tomorrow than what I should have been learning all day. He made people move when they took a break today even though there were only about 8 or 9 people using the 30 odd PCs! Then a guy went back for his coffee and said you can stay if you want. I thought it was for student use for the duration of the exams but clearly not.

What computer room was this?

Is the wifi on campus being really slow for anyone else? It hasn't been this bad in a while

In the library with the large training room.

Yeah the wifi is really hit and miss lately! :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Pete123456 wrote: »
    In the library with the large training room.

Yeah the wifi is really hit and miss lately! :/

In the evening it tails off speed wise.

If you walk around you'll see GAA/Soccer matches and movies/you tube being watched - might be a factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Jesus stop losing yer USB sticks people!!!!!

The emails are getting out of hand :pac:

I foiund two USB sticks in room A1084. Emailed both girls that they left them there in the PC lab. Silly bints didn't even reply back with a grunt :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭1moreyr

Postgrad results out at 4pm today but nothing showing up in my student records. So frustrating. AAAAGH.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Reiver

What's this video the SU posted that supposedly offended someone? They're after making some apology on the facebook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Some students in the library just really do not respect others at all...Group of chatty first years (I know 'cause they said 1st year) just sat around whining about their lives.... making me whine about my life! Ugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭ricimaki

What shops and restaurants are opened in UL at the weekend?

spar has a deli on saturday but shorter hours than usual. library cafe is open doing food, as far as i know the stables is aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

Anyone know if we have access to End Note for free through the college?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

iLaura wrote: »
    Anyone know if we have access to End Note for free through the college?

Yup!

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

sup_dude wrote: »
    Yup!

Great, thanks! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Is the 24 hour study roon A1084 open @ the weekend?

• Advertisement

Yep every day until the 22nd or 23rd and think!

Advertisement