Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Anyone know where I could find a scanner on campus?

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Anyone know where I could find a scanner on campus?

There's two in the library outside the big computer room.

iLaura wrote: »
    There's two in the library outside the big computer room.

Perfect cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭21 Schump Street

how seriously are coop reports taken? struggling to finish mine now and I just feel like writing any old ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

how seriously are coop reports taken? struggling to finish mine now and I just feel like writing any old ****e

They don't take it that seriously. As long as you have something for each of the headings and it's long enough, you can waffle to your hearts content. I'd recommend filling it with rubbish. I don't know your course but we had to draw maps... I drew a lot of maps....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Copy and paste some pages from the company website (or related) into word. Clean it up and print it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Spar was closed before 6pm today. Was that advertised anywhere? Vending machines in Red Raisins are almost empty too. I need sustenance!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

My course director read mine.

One of my friends copy and pasted someone else's from a previous year.

Another person I know copy and pasted a section and changed the heading on one rather than doing it.

We all passed.

So basically, it varies. By and large, once you have ANYTHING written, you'll pass. It's a pass/fail job anyway. Most likely it'll get a skim read and nothing more.

If you're in a company who has never had Co-Ops before (that was the case with mine) then anecdotally I've heard they tend to look at those more closely.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Chavways wrote: »
    Spar was closed before 6pm today. Was that advertised anywhere? Vending machines in Red Raisins are almost empty too. I need sustenance!

Cafe in library still open. Just got a lovely freshly made sandwich there. Some hot food also available.

Dear Spanish young wan I'm stuck sitting beside in the library. Turn your music the FÚCK down. I don't want to listen to both it and my music -.-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Does anyone know why Spar seems to be closing in the evenings whenever they feel like it/before 6? I know there's not much left in there but still :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Does anyone know why Spar seems to be closing in the evenings whenever they feel like it/before 6? I know there's not much left in there but still :confused:

They did the same yesterday and there was still 3 days of exams to be done.

Chavways wrote: »
    They did the same yesterday and there was still 3 days of exams to be done.

I'd assume its cauae the majority of exams are all done

• Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭shano_88

Anyone having trouble accessing there email?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

Around what time next year should myself and other lads be looking for off campus accommodation? We're going off campus to save on money. Realistically we will be looking at Oaklawn, Milford and Elm Park.

Troxck wrote: »
    Around what time next year should myself and other lads be looking for off campus accommodation? We're going off campus to save on money. Realistically we will be looking at Oaklawn, Milford and Elm Park.

March ish usually.

Troxck wrote: »

From end of February on really. I left it until start of April this year, and Oaklawns was full for September already.

Cheers lads!

What place would ye recommend out of those three? I know people living in all of them and I like Elm Park the least. It's mostly between Milford and Oaklawns

There would be five of us too, so a bit of an awkward number

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

I've lived in Milford and Elm Park. No idea about Oaklawns, but from what I've seen while house hunting, the buildings aren't as nasty there.

Milford got rowdy now and again, but I had no trouble in Elm Park. It really depends on which house you end up in, and if there are families next door or "student houses." In Elm Park, I was down a little cul - de - sac where nothing ever happened. In Milford, you'll hear more partying, and I found the street trashed/traffic cones on roofs a few times.

Just stay out of CSIS, and everything will be ok....

I've only stayed in Oaklawns over the summer, so I can't really speak for noise levels during term, but I will say that the houses are generally pretty nice. IMO, the further in off Plassey Road you are, the better. I've lived in a house that was literally right next to the road, and the traffic noise can be annoying if you're trying to have a lie in of a Saturday morning. Lived in a house that was as far back as you can go, and much preferred it, as we even had a massive back lawn.

5 is a good number in Oaklawns. A lot of the houses are 4 bedroom houses that have been converted into 5 beds from what I've seen.

There is an owner-occupier in Oaklawns that rents to students, but from what I've heard, avoid her.

You should try College Court too. I'll be the first to say I had my reservations about living here, and the noise levels can be a pain at times, but the house I'm in now is one of the best I've lived in in Limerick. Good condition, warm, close to campus - basically don't rule out CC out of hand, moreover if you're the partyin type.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Stayed in Oaklawns, and have had friends who have lived there in other houses. Would definitely avoid it - houses are made from cardboard, walls are very thin, even in comparison with College Court etc. Also very cold, and the dormer style rooms are annoying.

Cheers for the replies, so basically it's very hit and miss? I'll say it to the lads when we go back in January and try and sort it out.

I'm definitely not staying in CC, it's good craic there but I would never live there. Too many horror stories haha :rolleyes:

Would there be anywhere open to print something today?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

The main building should be open I think... Security guy I know is working today any ways. If it is then go to the first floor A block to the postgrad room or arial next to it they're always open with a printer

Pete123456 wrote: »
    The main building should be open I think... Security guy I know is working today any ways. If it is then go to the first floor A block to the postgrad room or arial next to it they're always open with a printer

Thanks, Ill give it a go.

For anyone wondering about timetables, they came out on January 9th last year, so should be up in and around Friday 8th this year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Still no placement sorted :( Getting worried now

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

Me either... Not particularly worried cause there's a heap of us in the same boat. What will be will be!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭21 Schump Street

Can you post your coop report to the coop office or do you need to hand it in? Do you give it to your placement officer?

• Advertisement

Can you post your coop report to the coop office or do you need to hand it in? Do you give it to your placement officer?

I don't know if you can post it, but you don't need to give it to your placement officer. Just go in and say you have it, they'll direct you to whoever's taking them that day and they'll give you a receipt.

Advertisement