Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭21 Schump Street

Tá ceist eile agam; what happens if you don't do your exams in Erasmus because you want to go to the Euros? Do you have to do the repeats in your Erasmus university or do you do repeats at all? asking for a friend...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

God I really hope we get our timetables tomorrow, I need to see if I have a 9am on Mondays so I'll know if I can stay up for the Royal Rumble or not :(

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭VanishingActs

My timetable was amazing last semester and I feel like I'm going to get an awful one for my final semester.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

I just want late starts on either Wednesday or Friday so I can have proper nights out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

This is the first semester that I dont care what time I finish at on a Friday. Hooray for quitting work and not having to go home at weekend! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Still no timetable.. Really need it so work can give me hours for the next few weeks!

Aragneer wrote: »
    Still no timetable.. Really need it so work can give me hours for the next few weeks!

People saying now it will be the 18th!

Troxck wrote: »
    People saying now it will be the 18th!

I don't see how it would take them an extra week to sort it this year! My hope is it will be up this evening :/

Yeah I think it will be another week because I'm tutoring this semester and the co-ordinator said no times have been organised yet..

18th would be so late :/ I need to psyche myself up so I need it weeks earlier :P haha

iLaura wrote: »
    I don't see how it would take them an extra week to sort it this year! My hope is it will be up this evening :/

I hope I'm wrong and my sources are based off of YikYak so, not reliable at all...

• Advertisement

Last year it was results, this year timetables. Good job, UL!

Aww no I'm going to be really disappointed if we don't get them until the 18th! I just need to know if I finish before 4pm on Friday or if my semester is going to suck.

My whole timetable is awful. Not finished until 6 on a Friday which makes getting home a pain. :(

I dunno if its just my timetable, but the weeks thing is really confusing.

Only 1 9am start! :D

Finished at 10 on Friday and not back in until 11 on Tuesdays. Living the 4th year dream :P

I've 17 hours, though I think I'm missing some. Only a one hour education lecture a week in 4th year doesn't seem right, even though there's a two hour tutorial.

Though whoever decided what rooms lectures are in need to be shot. I've a lecture in main building then a tutorial straight after in HS one day, then another day I'm in Foundation, Kemmy and Schrodinger one after the other. That'll be fun!

I have a one hour lab which seems really odd for a Science? I have the same lab again for two hours later on in the week.

26 hours, could be worse... I could be in Architecture

I have a one hour lab which seems really odd for a Science? I have the same lab again for two hours later on in the week.

26 hours, could be worse... I could be in Architecture

Your one hour lab is probably actually a tutorial. If you check the UL book of modules it might help clear it up. http://outside.ul.ie/bookofmodules/

The weeks are off on all the timetables - weird!

Wednesdays and Thursdays off and only one class on a Monday - ahh the Masters life haha

Apparently they used the dates instead of weeks cause there's always confusion 2nd semester with the week off for Easter being counted as a week by some lecturers and not by others. The fact that they got the dates wrong adds to the confusion .

• Advertisement

iLaura wrote: »
    Apparently they used the dates instead of weeks cause there's always confusion 2nd semester with the week off for Easter being counted as a week by some lecturers and not by others. The fact that they got the dates wrong adds to the confusion .

Yeah... Mine says they start on the 24th but also does it say two weeks for Easter?

I do know Easter is earlier this year - it's in March but I still think the dates don't add up!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

What are ye on about, mine says weeks 1-8 and 10-14 as normal? :P

ScummyMan wrote: »
    What are ye on about, mine says weeks 1-8 and 10-14 as normal? :P

Earlier on it was giving dates! They changed it there recently

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

My whole timetable is awful. Not finished until 6 on a Friday which makes getting home a pain. :(

If that class on Friday evening is a lab/tutorial, it could probably be moved/cancelled. TA's and lecturers don't like being in on a Friday either. :P

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    If that class on Friday evening is a lab/tutorial, it could probably be moved/cancelled. TA's and lecturers don't like being in on a Friday either. :P

It's a lab but it's only on once in the week AFAIK. I can get home but it's just such a pain travelling later on in the day really...

I managed to have a free Monday last semester by moving a lab but this semester all my days are packed :(

Will SAA be open next week? What times?

Will SAA be open next week? What times?

Their site says "Our Counter Service is open from 9.30 - 12.30 and 2.30 - 4.30 Monday to Thursday and Friday 9.30 - 12.30 and 2.30 to 3.30." but whether that applies when semester isn't in session I really don't know.

You can always email them at saa@ul.ie I guess

Their site says "Our Counter Service is open from 9.30 - 12.30 and 2.30 - 4.30 Monday to Thursday and Friday 9.30 - 12.30 and 2.30 to 3.30." but whether that applies when semester isn't in session I really don't know.

You can always email them at saa@ul.ie I guess

Thanks, might email them so. :) Going back up Monday to use library but I've lost my student card and I think you can only use the machine inside the door a certain about of times

• Advertisement

Thanks, might email them so. :) Going back up Monday to use library but I've lost my student card and I think you can only use the machine inside the door a certain about of times

Sure just try the machine anyway, you can always use a friend's ID number if needs be, know lads who did this if they left their card at home or whatever.

Advertisement