Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

Thanks, might email them so. :) Going back up Monday to use library but I've lost my student card and I think you can only use the machine inside the door a certain about of times

I know lads who have gotten loads of one day passes from that machine over a few weeks so I'm not sure it's actually limited to 5 a semester if that's any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Less then a week to college and I haven't got accommodation for this semester, does it seem like there are even less houses going this year? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

FionnK86 wrote: »
    Less then a week to college and I haven't got accommodation for this semester, does it seem like there are even less houses going this year? :(

Have you had a look at the freshers groups on Facebook? I'm part of two of them and there seem to be one or two posts every day with available rooms.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Have you had a look at the freshers groups on Facebook? I'm part of two of them and there seem to be one or two posts every day with available rooms.

Have a look at the Single Semester Housing 2015/16 page too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Quick fees question!

I paid my fees for my MA last week and it is showing up on student portal that I have no outstanding transactions but in my financial statement it says that the balance due is 1953. It says in the total paid the price of my fees so I thought it would be in.

I paid on Thursday last week.

Does this show it has gone through or do I still have to wait for the payment to process since it is still saying I have money due? :/

Just don't want to be worrying about that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

Don't forget the results are out tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Results are out early!
    If you log into si.ul.ie and go to see current results, they should be up! Mine and my friends are anyway ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Mine aren't in yet :(

Neither are mine :'( I'll check again at midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

I know 4 Modules is the max you can fail per year, but can those 4 all be in the one semester assuming you pass everything the second semester?

Asking for a friend... :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

As far as I know it can only be two in the first semester.

I hope that doesn't disappoint your "friend" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

As far as I know it can only be two in the first semester.

I hope that doesn't disappoint your "friend" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭ricimaki

Anyone able to get the results early. I've no luck here, checking both the results page and the si page. Did they come out around 1 or 2 am last time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

ricimaki wrote: »
    Anyone able to get the results early. I've no luck here, checking both the results page and the si page. Did they come out around 1 or 2 am last time?

No luck and AFAIK it was 9am last year (well, according to my friend)

Also, what's considered a decent QCA? Clueless first year haha

I know 4 Modules is the max you can fail per year, but can those 4 all be in the one semester assuming you pass everything the second semester?

Know someone who failed 3 last year coming off of coop, and just had to repeat them

Troxck wrote: »
    No luck and AFAIK it was 9am last year (well, according to my friend)

Also, what's considered a decent QCA? Clueless first year haha

3 is kinda middle of the road on my opinion and would be considered decent, anything about 3.4 is a 1.1 degree, and anything above 3.6 gets you a letter from the president, so thats excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

This has come up a few times over the years and I don't think we've ever got a definite answer to it. The text in the handbook is open to interpretation, and my interpretation is that you can fail 4 in a single semester if the other semester is a teaching semester and not TP, Coop or Erasmus. If the other semester is TP, Coop or Erasmus, then you can only fail 2 in the other semester.

Others interpret it as a max of 2 per semester.

Best thing to do is, if it comes to this, contact the student advisor or course director. They can pretty much give you a definite answer straight away as to what you need to do.

iLaura wrote: »
    3 is kinda middle of the road on my opinion and would be considered decent, anything about 3.4 is a 1.1 degree, and anything above 3.6 gets you a letter from the president, so thats excellent

Pretty sure I failed Chemistry but did well on my other 4 so 2.6-2.8 is most realistic at this stage :(

Hopefully I'll bring it up in Semester 2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    This has come up a few times over the years and I don't think we've ever got a definite answer to it. The text in the handbook is open to interpretation, and my interpretation is that you can fail 4 in a single semester if the other semester is a teaching semester and not TP, Coop or Erasmus. If the other semester is TP, Coop or Erasmus, then you can only fail 2 in the other semester.

Others interpret it as a max of 2 per semester.

Best thing to do is, if it comes to this, contact the student advisor or course director. They can pretty much give you a definite answer straight away as to what you need to do.

Yeah, was looking at some past threads and there's too much confusion. I interpreted the handbook section the same as you so hope we're right.

Aaaand the results page is down less than two mins after going live! At least for me anyways

• Advertisement

Aaaand the results page is down less than two mins after going live! At least for me anyways

I refreshed at 7:55 and it was down :o

Currently on

"Attention

An error occurred which prevented the execution of your request.

(Problem-specific error page not found)

Error details :

Middleware : UV8
    Error# : -25
    Error Text : see UNIFACE message guide
    Please contact your system administrator."

I refreshed at 7:55 and it was down :o

Currently on

"Attention

An error occurred which prevented the execution of your request.

(Problem-specific error page not found)

Error details :

Middleware : UV8
    Error# : -25
    Error Text : see UNIFACE message guide
    Please contact your system administrator."

Just got my results!

My QCA hasnt changed at all :P

I'm in!!!

Hammer F5 until it loads!!

Best of luck all.

I'm in!!!

Hammer F5 until it loads!!

Best of luck all.

I did so badly! :eek:

I got a D1 in a subject I was certain I got a B3 in :mad:

Honestly think I should switch course now

I did so badly! :eek:

I got a D1 in a subject I was certain I got a B3 in :mad:

Honestly think I should switch course now

Have a look at the grading scheme for that module, and definitely go look at your paper. Some lecturers will only include marks for labs if you get above a certain percentage in the written.

Have a look at the grading scheme for that module, and definitely go look at your paper. Some lecturers will only include marks for labs if you get above a certain percentage in the written.

It was Maths. I got a B2 in the Midterm and she said it counted towards our final grade and I was certain my final exam went much better than the midterm so I was expecting around that. Honestly the last module I expected a D1 in. I'm reconsidering my choice of course as of now, I'll have to discuss it with my parents and all that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

It was Maths. I got a B2 in the Midterm and she said it counted towards our final grade and I was certain my final exam went much better than the midterm so I was expecting around that. Honestly the last module I expected a D1 in. I'm reconsidering my choice of course as of now, I'll have to discuss it with my parents and all that :(

If it's science maths one, they get progressively more difficult through to science maths 4. I had to link in cause of number 4... Not a big maths fan!

Pete123456 wrote: »
    If it's science maths one, they get progressively more difficult through to science maths 4. I had to link in cause of number 4... Not a big maths fan!

Nope, Engineering Maths! From what I heard about my course is if you do badly now you're essentially fúcked.

How much does a D1 bring your QCA down btw? I got Bs in 3 and a C1

• Advertisement

Nope, Engineering Maths! From what I heard about my course is if you do badly now you're essentially fúcked.

How much does a D1 bring your QCA down btw? I got Bs in 3 and a C1

If that's Engineering Maths 2, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I got a D2 in that back in first year. First year QCA only really effects your Co-op interviews, and you start second year with your QCA reset, so it won't effect your final degree. I had similar results to yourself, and still got Co-op with a very good company.

Companies interviewing tend to focus more on the subjects relating directly to your degree, and the interview itself, than the background modules(in the case of electronic engineering, anyway).

Advertisement