Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭ricimaki

One down, three to go.

Or, another way to look at it:

28 exams down, three to go!

Or: 32 modules finished, three to go!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

ricimaki wrote: »
    One down, three to go.

Or, another way to look at it:

28 exams down, three to go!

Or: 32 modules finished, three to go!:eek:

Yeah, it's super strange when you quantify how many exams you've done. I've done 25 exams and 3 more to go, and I'll have a total of 38 modules covered by the time I'm finised (I think).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Hey guys,

Anyone know if SAA are open over the summer? I'm procrastinating forms being stamped and need to know if they'll stay open :P

Also - Good luck to all with their exams! :D

Oh Sulis, you never fail to deliver

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

iLaura wrote: »
    Oh Sulis, you never fail to deliver

Not gonna be back up until the morning I've heard. Would be raging if I had an exam at 9 tomorrow..

Also getting a great giggle out of the line "Issue: Sulis is down" for some reason..maybe exam time is just silly season :o :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

kerryked wrote: »
    Not gonna be back up until the morning I've heard. Would be raging if I had an exam at 9 tomorrow..

Also getting a great giggle out of the line "Issue: Sulis is down" for some reason..maybe exam time is just silly season :o :rolleyes:

Its said every single year in this thread around exam time to download your notes from sulis, because it ALWAYS goes down. If you are stuck for notes with an exam tomorrow morning, then its kinda your own fault

It's back! That was fairly quick

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭TMJM96

Its said every single year in this thread around exam time to download your notes from sulis, because it ALWAYS goes down. If you are stuck for notes with an exam tomorrow morning, then its kinda your own fault

True but I had a lecturer last year that had notes on Sulis that couldn't be downloaded unless you screenshot the page.
    I'm just glad that my exam tomorrow didn't use Sulis or I would have been fecked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭FionnK86

any places to grab coffee on a sunday on campus?

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

FionnK86 wrote: »

Not sure if the library cafe is open today?

Other than that the nearesr could be Spar out near Plassey.

• Advertisement

Machine in red raisins by Subway apparently does really good coffee. It's €2 though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Sports Bar be open?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

I have absolutely no motivation for anything and I haven't even had an exam yet :(

I have absolutely no motivation for anything and I haven't even had an exam yet :(

No exam yet? I've already have four with my final one on Saturday! :o

How many do you have all together?

TMJM96 wrote: »
    No exam yet? I've already have four with my final one on Saturday! :o

How many do you have all together?

To be fair I only have two all together, Friday and Saturday, but it's been a pain having the last three weeks off and now having to muster up strength to get back in to 'college mode' and care :pac:

To be fair I only have two all together, Friday and Saturday, but it's been a pain having the last three weeks off and now having to muster up strength to get back in to 'college mode' and care :pac:

I feel you, I had a 5 day break before my exam today.

What makes it worse is that all my friends and housemates are done their exams :(

It feels weird finishing first year

It feels weird finishing first year

Wait until you get to fourth year!

Some of my classmates finished on Monday and Wednesday. I'm finished tomorrow, and more are finished Saturday. I don't think any of us still doing them mind too much, as our exams are well spaced.

I did have a long gap last year though. Started exams the second week. Its a bit annoying waiting around for the first one

ricimaki wrote: »
    Wait until you get to fourth year!

Some of my classmates finished on Monday and Wednesday. I'm finished tomorrow, and more are finished Saturday. I don't think any of us still doing them mind too much, as our exams are well spaced.

I did have a long gap last year though. Started exams the second week. Its a bit annoying waiting around for the first one

Actually can't think that far ahead! My course is so small so it would be weird not seeing them every day tbh.

I started on the 3rd so I had no waiting but I would prefer to be finished right now.

Bit of an odd question but I have to choose an elective next year and there are two options. Just say I pick one and decide that I would actually prefer the other option, would it be possible to transfer? I still can't decide between them because they sort of lead towards two different areas of study and I'm not sure if I want to go into industry or further study

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

2 Down, zero to go :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

I'm not sure if I want to go into industry or further study

What are the career prospects for that particular industry at the moment?

• Advertisement

What are the career prospects for that particular industry at the moment?

Honestly? Not too sure. That's a good way of looking into it actually. We don't need to decide until the second semester next year so I have time to research. I'll just weigh it up in terms of enjoyment, employability and also how my grades are in the relevant modules.

Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

You know you have been working every day to get assignments done when you have a day off and you panic that you still have to write...

I'm finished (aside from a dissertation), mind calm down! You're allowed to binge watch Masterchef Australia now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

Aragneer wrote: »
    You know you have been working every day to get assignments done when you have a day off and you panic that you still have to write...

I'm finished (aside from a dissertation), mind calm down! You're allowed to binge watch Masterchef Australia now :P

I realised on Saturday (two days after my exams were over) that I'd been coding, working, and studying for fifteen hours straight, but then, I really needed to send off a bit of software for my co-op...

This eat-sleep-poop-repeat thing I've been doing for the last few days feels weird. Do normal people do this? I keep getting these sudden urges to clean everything... *chews arm*

Does anyone know what date Undergrad results are out for the Spring semester exams?

Cheers :o

Does anyone know what date Undergrad results are out for the Spring semester exams?

Cheers :o

June 20th.

If you fail an exam you'll find out via email on the 19th.

June 20th.

If you fail an exam you'll find out via email on the 19th.

Thanks! :D

I hope I don't fail an exam but I have one module that may need it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Been a while...
    Going to have to get into this tack again for next year..
    I fear I've forgotten how to bitch,,, :P

Been a while...

There's nothing really to b/tch about as of yet, wait until results I guess :o

UL is surprisingly busy lately, loads of Americans on campus, are there summer schools running or something? I know the Graduate Medical students still have exams, righ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Been a while...

Bitch about everything shutting down at 5 pm...:D

• Advertisement

There's nothing really to b/tch about as of yet, wait until results I guess :o

UL is surprisingly busy lately, loads of Americans on campus, are there summer schools running or something? I know the Graduate Medical students still have exams, righ?

There are American summer schools over at the minute yeah, and a lot of postgrads are still around too.

Advertisement