Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 RianF2

Anyone know what I put into my coop report? The feckin' coop website is about as useful as a nuns fanny.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

RianF2 wrote: »
    Anyone know what I put into my coop report? The feckin' coop website is about as useful as a nuns fanny.

Just waffle on about how great the experience was and how much you learned and how it'll be great for your future career.

Here's what I had:
    • The cover page
    • Summary of Placement: Say what position you had in the company, who you were reporting to, when you started, when you finished, a brief description of what the company does, a brief overview of how you progressed during the placement (for instance, I had a paragraph about my first week or two being research weeks, then I talked about progressing into a two week development cycle).
    • History of Company: Self explanatory. Talk about when the company was founded, its directors, the products and services it provides (go into as much details as possible, describe exactly how they provide these products), talk about the clients/customers the company has (business people? farmers? high street retail shoppers? etc).
    • Company Structure: Talk briefly about the management structure of the company, then whack in a massive diagram showing the structure.
    • Main Responsibilities: Literally list all the sh*t you did on placement. Obviously try and jazz stuff up and pad as much as possible, but basically just do a bullet pointed list of all the stuff you did.
    • Opportunities for Learning: I'm pretty sure there's a section on the Co-Op website that lists examples of these. Just take the headings in this section (Basic Work Skills, ICT Skills, Problem Solving Skills, etc) then just do bulleted lists underneath giving examples of what you learned.
    • Appendices: If you can throw in examples of your work here, do. I put in flow charts for the software I wrote on Co-Op, but you can put in diagrams, drawings, posters, screenshots, whatever. Not necessary, but a nice touch. (Make sure you get permission from the company if the stuff is copyright/sensitive).
    • Pre Co-op and Post Co-Op Assessments need to be attached to the end of the report.

The Co-Op Report is a pile of sh*te, but honestly it's really easy to get it done in a day or two, and it's pass/fail so don't worry too much about the quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭FionnK86

iLaura wrote: »
    June 20th.

If you fail an exam you'll find out via email on the 19th.

Anyone now what time they'll send the email if you've failed?Pressing refresh as I'm sure I've failed an exam and need to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

FionnK86 wrote:
    Anyone now what time they'll send the email if you've failed?Pressing refresh as I'm sure I've failed an exam and need to know.

I was actually considering posting here asking the same thing, hopefully soon enough! But even if I don't get the email I think I'll suffer this anxiety all day thinking I've failed everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭TMJM96

CliCliW wrote: »
    I was actually considering posting here asking the same thing, hopefully soon enough! But even if I don't get the email I think I'll suffer this anxiety all day thinking I've failed everything!

I'm in the exact same situation as ye.

Do they only do it for the Spring exams? Last semester I got a D1 in a module and never got an email about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

TMJM96 wrote:
    Do they only do it for the Spring exams? Last semester I got a D1 in a module and never got an email about it

That's what I'm wondering, I've never been worried about this, but my boyfriend has failed loads of exams in his time and has never gotten an email so I'm dubious at best about this email thing. Still hoping against hope though!

CliCliW wrote: »
    That's what I'm wondering, I've never been worried about this, but my boyfriend has failed loads of exams in his time and has never gotten an email so I'm dubious at best about this email thing. Still hoping against hope though!

I just want to know if I need to save for a repeat exam or not, currently unemployed so it'll be a pain.

Hopefully, it'll go well for us both. I always panic about things like this

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

I think it depends on your QCA and the faculty with the D1 or D2... Some of the girls in nursing used to get an email if they had a D saying they'd be better off if they repeated it regardless of their QCA... If your QCA is high enough you won't need to repeat a D... If your QCA is below two with all your grades you will get an email... Any time I've got the email it comes around 9 or half past the morning of the results

Pete123456 wrote: »
    I think it depends on your QCA and the faculty with the D1 or D2... Some of the girls in nursing used to get an email if they had a D saying they'd be better off if they repeated it regardless of their QCA... If your QCA is high enough you won't need to repeat a D... If your QCA is below two with all your grades you will get an email... Any time I've got the email it comes around 9 or half past the morning of the results

Yeah last semester my D1 was a compensating fail as my QCA was high enough and the rest of my grades were Bs...

I just worry about everything :o

TMJM96 wrote: »
    Yeah last semester my D1 was a compensating fail as my QCA was high enough and the rest of my grades were Bs...

I just worry about everything :o

If that's the case I definitely wouldn't be worrying :)

• Advertisement

If that's the case I definitely wouldn't be worrying :)

The module I'm worried about is actually the second part of the module I failed last semester I.e XX II...

I'm only in first year and QCA doesn't matter too much as it's wiped.

I'll be travelling to work tomorrow on the train when results are out, Irish rail better not fail me (the system will crash though, won't it? :rolleyes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

The module I'm worried about is actually the second part of the module I failed last semester I.e XX II...

I'll be travelling to work tomorrow on the train when results are out, Irish rail better not fail me (the system will crash though, won't it? :rolleyes:)

Most definitely
    G'luck to the lot of ye tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Irish rail has a very poor "wifi" and considering the amount of people trying to log in with proper WiFi you'd probably have better luck trying with a tin can and some very long string.

Irish rail has a very poor "wifi" and considering the amount of people trying to log in with proper WiFi you'd probably have better luck trying with a tin can and some very long string.

I live in rural Ireland using Eircom so whatever IrishRail use is probably better.

One of the things I miss about UL is the usable WiFi :o

I live in rural Ireland using Eircom so whatever IrishRail use is probably better.

One of the things I miss about UL is the usable WiFi :o

I dunno about the last few months but the wifi in UL has always been fairly hit and miss.. but i guess anything is better than "up to 2mbps" speeds out the country...

In first year i wouldnt be paticularly worried unless youll be up against it when you go looking for coop or youre in the discretionary band in 4th year...

If youre getting consistent Bs though youre definitely ok! :)

I dunno about the last few months but the wifi in UL has always been fairly hit and miss.. but i guess anything is better than "up to 2mbps" speeds out the country...

In first year i wouldnt be paticularly worried unless youll be up against it when you go looking for coop or youre in the discretionary band in 4th year...

If youre getting consistent Bs though youre definitely ok! :)

My Maths module has always been my worst module but my other modules are decent.

I'm actually decent at Maths it's just that I'm bad at exams in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭ricimaki

So, how many people here have logged onto the results.ul.ie page over the last few days to check if the results were up early? I can't be the only one!

ricimaki wrote: »
    So, how many people here have logged onto the results.ul.ie page over the last few days to check if the results were up early? I can't be the only one!

Probably because a few years ago they would be available early.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭FionnK86

So if you haven't got an email,is it safe to assume you've not failed?Might sleep tonight haha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

FionnK86 wrote: »
    So if you haven't got an email,is it safe to assume you've not failed?Might sleep tonight haha :D

Well I've definitely failed some and I haven't gotten any email yet, so not safe yet ;)

• Advertisement

so not safe yet ;)

Ya couldn't let him get one last night of sound sleep :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭VanishingActs

I'm so bad for constantly checking. I'll probably wake up in the middle of the night to check as usual. My conditional MA offer is making it all the more stressful. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I'm so bad for constantly checking. I'll probably wake up in the middle of the night to check as usual. My conditional MA offer is making it all the more stressful. :p

Know them feelz. :(

Conditional MSc awaits me in Denmark if I scrape a pass in my FYP.
    6 years down the drain awaits me if I don't scrape that pass. :P

I think I'm going to be in the opposite boat to all of you. I'm denying any thoughts that the results are coming out. I'll probably just ignore it until tomorrow afternoon or something... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Know them feelz. :(

Conditional MSc awaits me in Denmark if I scrape a pass in my FYP.
    6 years down the drain awaits me if I don't scrape that pass. :P

I think I'm going to be in the opposite boat to all of you. I'm denying any thoughts that the results are coming out. I'll probably just ignore it until tomorrow afternoon or something... :o

I'm the exact same. Masters depends on the results I get, and one exam went incredibly ****, like potentially only a comp. I've work tomorrow and so don't know when to look at the results; if I look at them early and they're bad I'll be in an awful mood all day, but if I don't look at them I'll be all anxious and stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Sat waiting for results now...

These results will help determine the mark I need in my MA dissertation :(

Aragneer wrote: »
    Sat waiting for results now...

These results will help determine the mark I need in my MA dissertation :(

So... will it be 8 or 9? Different pages say different things

So... will it be 8 or 9? Different pages say different things

Ye should all wait until 9. No need to trouble the server at 8am :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Hahaha, my boyfriend is a teaching assistant and on his portal, it says 8, so I'm going by that. I think my heart won't be able to take it if it is 9...especially after just almost collapsing watching the new episode of GoT :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Looks like people on yik yak have gotten the dreaded email... Nothing in my inbox anyway thank the heavens :pac:

• Advertisement

Looks like people on yik yak have gotten the dreaded email... Nothing in my inbox anyway thank the heavens :pac:

Still don't trust that after last semester :rolleyes:

Advertisement