Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

RianF2 wrote: »
    Still no visit from my co-op visitor. Almost finished my placement (around 8 weeks left). He was supposed to but cancelled. I'm guessing I should email him?

mine was up during the week... went exactly like this:

how are you?
    are you enjoying it?
    are you doing anything interesting?
    whats the fastest way back to the motorway?

gas man... talked quickly about the FYP and how to copy and paste the coop report.

Im not any better off having spoken to him, so i dont think a visit is necessary unless youre not enjoying it?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭oseia

Ompala wrote: »
    Has anyone gotten their presidents letters yet for last semester?
    Usually arrived by now just wondering if they are a bit late for final year students

When do they send those out? :o I've never gotten one but that was my final semester and I broke my previous QCA record with a 3.6 so I was hoping I'd finally get a letter or I dunno a postcard or something at least. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭TMJM96

oseia wrote: »
    When do they send those out? :o I've never gotten one but that was my final semester and I broke my previous QCA record with a 3.6 so I was hoping I'd finally get a letter or I dunno a postcard or something at least. :p

My friend got his letter based off his first semester QCA in about Week 6 of semester two.

So try and base it off that, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

oseia wrote: »

Should get one for a semester QCA above 3.5
    Never understood the timings of them at all, got a christmas one in May and a Summer one in July the same year, maybe it just depends how busy Don is writing them? :pac: Apply for the postcard anyways :D

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭oseia

Cheers, ah okay that's grand, I thought when over a week had passed I wouldn't get one at all. Can live in hope now that some day he'll write to me. <3

• Advertisement

Has anyone here booked on campus accommodation and still hasn't received an e-mail about fees? In the email we got about it in February it says we should have gotten it by now but I just rang CLS there and they said it won't be out until August. Wondering which one is more reliable? I always panic with things like this when it involves money :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

TMJM96 wrote: »
    Has anyone here booked on campus accommodation and still hasn't received an e-mail about fees? In the email we got about it in February it says we should have gotten it by now but I just rang CLS there and they said it won't be out until August. Wondering which one is more reliable? I always panic with things like this when it involves money :o

It's going out in the coming week! Fees are paid online.

It's going out in the coming week! Fees are paid online.

Thank you! I got my full deposit plus extra back from last year so at least I have that covered!

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

They changed SULIS!

I need to find a bookie before Week1! Does anyone know if the Germans allow you to bet on SULIS failures?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

When do the Repeats need to be paid by? Got an email about paying but cant see a date on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

When do the Repeats need to be paid by? Got an email about paying but cant see a date on it

My housemates were saying theyve got pay them today, not sure if its the final day or what but I know they're paying them today

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

kerryked wrote: »
    My housemates were saying theyve got pay them today, not sure if its the final day or what but I know they're paying them today

Rang SAA there and they said 31st if July :)

They changed SULIS!

I need to find a bookie before Week1! Does anyone know if the Germans allow you to bet on SULIS failures?

So new and shinyyy :D

I'd say our new toy will have a fair few bumps and scratches come September

Generally, when are timetables released for 2nd-4th years? :pac:

TMJM96 wrote: »
    Generally, when are timetables released for 2nd-4th years? :pac:

Week or two before the start of the semester? Not too sure tbh :p

Week or two before the start of the semester? Not too sure tbh :p

Yeah that's what I heard from people I've asked. Just want to know hours//my finish on a Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

To the Instint team who are going around taking all the gyms whilst the campus is quiet. I'm sitting in main building watching you. I may go around after you and retake the gyms before you get your defenders bonus. This is your warning. Let the games begin.

sup_dude wrote: »
    To the Instint team who are going around taking all the gyms whilst the campus is quiet. I'm sitting in main building watching you. I may go around after you and retake the gyms before you get your defenders bonus. This is your warning. Let the games begin.

Can't tell if this is a Pokemon go reference or a weightlifting reference..

Either way Im confused :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Can't tell if this is a Pokemon go reference or a weightlifting reference..

Either way Im confused :rolleyes:

You're a step ahead of me, you knew it was a possible Pokemon reference... I was just completely baffled and thought the poster was referring to some team robbing the Arena or something... :o

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Is it usually this late the timetables come out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Repeat is next Friday and only had time off work to study now. Already repeated module before so it's now or never. Anybody know if the lecturers just usually write a similar exam to the summer ones, considering some are away during the summer and don't have time to be thinking of new ways to rattle yah? :D

FionnK86 wrote: »
    Repeat is next Friday and only had time off work to study now. Already repeated module before so it's now or never. Anybody know if the lecturers just usually write a similar exam to the summer ones, considering some are away during the summer and don't have time to be thinking of new ways to rattle yah? :D

A man's gotta hope right? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

UL First Seven Weeks twitter said that timetables are out tomorrow. If they're wrong I have lost all hope

UL First Seven Weeks twitter said that timetables are out tomorrow. If they're wrong I have lost all hope

I saw that too. I checked at 9am and neither the actual site or the tt.daniel site were updated. Hopefully it's later on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 RianF2

Nothing yet, slowly losing hope

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

What date is the college year starting actually?
    Pretty sure I'm working into it.. :/

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Timetables are OUT!

3-6 lab on a Friday that I can't move is annoying. I have 27 hours which is fine. I'm happy with it all except the Friday lab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 RianF2

Monday and Tuesday 9 to 6, balls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭afc4life

Starting to get worried about my repeat exam lads but Im just wondering can you still compensate in a repeat exam? Ill still have a QCA over 2 if I even get a D2 just so ye know.

Advertisement