Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

afc4life wrote: »
    Starting to get worried about my repeat exam lads but Im just wondering can you still compensate in a repeat exam? Ill still have a QCA over 2 if I even get a D2 just so ye know.

Yeah, compensating is fine as long as overall is above 2.0.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

1st year here, is anyone else having trouble activating their student computer and email account? I'm not able to reset my password despite around 20 attempts and following all the requirements. Help?

I was helping my son with his registration today - we were struggling also but discovered where we were going wrong. Did you get sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Random question but anyone know how long it takes the University to send out the degree if you don't attend graduation? Not overly bothered tbh, just curious.

Also, I'll be working (lol, "working" :rolleyes: :P) on campus for the foreseeable, so I get to keep posting in this thread! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Random question but anyone know how long it takes the University to send out the degree if you don't attend graduation? Not overly bothered tbh, just curious.

Also, I'll be working (lol, "working" :rolleyes: :P) on campus for the foreseeable, so I get to keep posting in this thread! :pac:

Haven't a notion, it was never mentioned.

I'm going to UCC in September to do a masters, and their forum in boards is so dead. I'm gonna miss the UL one, but will probably still lurk :-P

• Advertisement

iLaura wrote: »
    Haven't a notion, it was never mentioned.

I'm going to UCC in September to do a masters, and their forum in boards is so dead. I'm gonna miss the UL one, but will probably still lurk :-P

Even this forum is a shadow of its former glory... #cambridge4prez #sidjustice :( :P

My plan is to basically hang around the radio station in UL until I find a paying job or (more realistically) they tell me to f*ck off. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭TMJM96

Even this forum is a shadow of its former glory... #cambridge4prez #sidjustice :( :P

My plan is to basically hang around the radio station in UL until I find a paying job or (more realistically) they tell me to f*ck off. :P

Nearly all the people who kept this forum alive have just graduate so I can see this turning into a ghost town...

Also, do labs and tutorials run during week one for 2nd-4th years? I know they don't for the Freshers.

Also does anyone have any advice for orientation guides? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

We should set up a Boards stand at the recruitment drive to enroll fresh Boardsies :p

TMJM96 wrote: »
    Also, do labs and tutorials run during week one for 2nd-4th years? I know they don't for the Freshers.

Module by module basis, you'll be told in your first lecture in the module what the story is. It's rare that they're on in Week 1 in my experience, but Week 2 is very common in CSIS anyway.
    Also does anyone have any advice for orientation guides? :P

The only thing I remember from my orientation is that we went for lunch in the Sports Bar and it was delish. :pac:

Module by module basis, you'll be told in your first lecture in the module what the story is. It's rare that they're on in Week 1 in my experience, but Week 2 is very common in CSIS anyway.

The only thing I remember from my orientation is that we went for lunch in the Sports Bar and it was delish. :pac:

My first thing Monday morning is a lab, suppose I'll stroll up and be told to go back to bed... My course is in between a few departments so I'll just have to see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

iLaura wrote:
    I still do >.>
    TMJM96 wrote:
    Also does anyone have any advice for orientation guides?

Don't lose them!!!

Actually, you can lose them. They're given a card with your details on it. Some of them will wander off themselves anyway, the ones that are "too cool" for Orientation. You just tell them what time to be a registeration at. I had two lads that were too cool for that as well, but ah well, not much you can do about it.
    Just be friendly. It's great fun and you meet a load of cool people. You get some twats too, but you're allowed to tell them to piss off (in a nice way).

sup_dude wrote: »
    Don't lose them!!!

Actually, you can lose them. They're given a card with your details on it. Some of them will wander off themselves anyway, the ones that are "too cool" for Orientation. You just tell them what time to be a registeration at. I had two lads that were too cool for that as well, but ah well, not much you can do about it.
    Just be friendly. It's great fun and you meet a load of cool people. You get some twats too, but you're allowed to tell them to piss off (in a nice way).

Yeah, last year someone left our group after getting their ID and we didn't see them in a single lecture, lab or tutorial afterwards. Yeah it seems like it could be fun, I know a good few people doing it too so that's a bonus.

I think the worst part will be having to get them to do a type of ice breaker game at the start but after that I won't mind it. I hope I get my course for the Science & Engineering day so I can actually talk about the course

My first thing Monday morning is a lab, suppose I'll stroll up and be told to go back to bed... My course is in between a few departments so I'll just have to see

I'd nearly take the chance and stay in bed. 99.9% of lecturers won't start a module with a lab on the first day.

Labs generally wouldn't start until week 2/3, keep an eye on your emails in case the lecturer does email to say labs are starting early

kerryked wrote: »
    I'd nearly take the chance and stay in bed. 99.9% of lecturers won't start a module with a lab on the first day.

Labs generally wouldn't start until week 2/3, keep an eye on your emails in case the lecturer does email to say labs are starting early

You're probably right, but with my luck I know I'd miss something. I'll just head in anyway to meet up with people

I was helping my son with his registration today - we were struggling also but discovered where we were going wrong. Did you get sorted?

No, I'm not sorted yet :o . Could you tell me where you were going wrong? I might be making the same mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

MomijiHime wrote: »
    No, I'm not sorted yet :o . Could you tell me where you were going wrong? I might be making the same mistake.

Having the same issue here, emailed the support and I'm waiting on a response

Ok. So just be sure you enter your d.o.b.as 22Mar1997, not 22MAR1997
    And UL\12345678, not UL/12345678. We got going once we copped on to these. However, we could not register the new password/mobile number, but we were able to carry on and do finance task & pay/enrol. Hope this helps.

Ok. So just be sure you enter your d.o.b.as 22Mar1997, not 22MAR1997
    And UL\12345678, not UL/12345678. We got going once we copped on to these. However, we could not register the new password/mobile number, but we were able to carry on and do finance task & pay/enrol. Hope this helps.

Still not working but thanks anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

You're probably right, but with my luck I know I'd miss something. I'll just head in anyway to meet up with people

You can just email the lecturer to ask/get the class rep to ask, and they'll reply in a few days time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭legocrazy505

To chime in with the fellow 1st years, I did my account and finance stuff no problem there on Thursday night/Friday morning. Just remember to wait about 15 minutes after changing your password and it should be fine. You have a few days still though so if you are having trouble with it there is still a decent amount of time to fix everything up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Anyone know if they email you if you fail the repeats like they do for the other exams?

Tempted to ask my lecturer if they've got results already because I don't want to move in without knowing whether I'm back in UL or not!!

FionnK86 wrote: »
    Anyone know if they email you if you fail the repeats like they do for the other exams?

Tempted to ask my lecturer if they've got results already because I don't want to move in without knowing whether I'm back in UL or not!!

A lecturer on my course emailed all three repeats with their results like the day after the exam.

Depends on the lecturer really, if you reckon they're sound you could chance asking them. Tell them you've to pay a deposit or something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭FionnK86

A lecturer on my course emailed all three repeats with their results like the day after the exam.

Depends on the lecturer really, if you reckon they're sound you could chance asking them. Tell them you've to pay a deposit or something

Got the capped C3 :D Lecturer said I did more than enough, thanks Kerryked, I owe you a pint :cool:

FionnK86 wrote: »
    Got the capped C3 :D Lecturer said I did more than enough, thanks Kerryked, I owe you a pint :cool:

Good man, best way to start the new year :D

I'll hold ya to that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Anyone have a link for a example Co op report ?

I was literally just emailing the co op office to see what the story is with seeing them..

Think I heard they have samples for your course in the co op office before, not sure if you have to go in to see them or what

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I was literally just emailing the co op office to see what the story is with seeing them..

Think I heard they have samples for your course in the co op office before, not sure if you have to go in to see them or what

Let me know what they say please.

Youve to go in to see the examples im nearly certain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

I'm pretty sure you do, down behind the SAA.
    SOmetimes they've examples on companies you've been to if you're lucky enough..
    Wonder if mines in there actually. Mine was a tank of a yoke.. :P

Let me know what they say please.

Youve to go in to see the examples im nearly certain

"Reports are only available for preparation prior to interviews."

That's what I got back from Jenny Flynn, so I guess they don't want people seeing them then? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I can send you mind if you want

For a fee :P

Advertisement