Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

F**K THAT EXTENDED DEADLINE EMAIL!!!
    Got one just before FYP was due and another one today a week before another essay is due and both times it's got me...

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

Got one just before FYP was due and another one today a week before another essay is due and both times it's got me...

Ah Jaysus would you give poor aul Vicky a break! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I agree. She got blocked for that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭FionnK86

What's worse is that we got a notification saying FYPs are due today for engineers, though they are due next week. The whole class **** their pants.

5 emails from Ronni Greenwood today!
    5!
    Dont want to turn this into anti-emails thread (again) bit come on..

• Advertisement

Six.
    Goodbye Ronni...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

Thankfully the postgrad lists appear to be free from a lot of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

Out of interest, has anyone here done/heard anything about the MA in sociology: youth, community and social regeneration? I'm interested in it but I'm not quite sure about it yet.

Know nothing of course sorry but you're in 4th year doing Sociology?
    What course may I ask?

Or are you in college at all, realised you don't have to be in UL yet... :X

• Advertisement

Or are you in college at all, realised you don't have to be in UL yet... :X

I've actually graduated since august with a bsc in psychology! Trying to decide the next step to take is hard though.

More than likely shared lectures so.. took a year out last year so first and second year will have been with you for something.. not that course though...
    Dyu do any of these?
    Intro to Soc 1 and 2
    Soc of Work
    Soc of Media
    Qualititative/Quantitative Research Methods for Soc
    Contemp Research Methods
    1 or 2 specific ones as well, think Soc of Gender was there
    Doing Inequality and Social Exclusion this year as well actually..

Any of those ring a bell?

I did sociology of media with eoin devereux in second year! Also did research methods and advanced research methods. Statistics killed me, I was awful at it!

I did psychology of work waaaay back in first year with Deirdre o Shea, I'm not sure if that's the same module? Is it the psych and sociology BA you're doing?

Lot of crossovers, probably in same class as you with Devereux, same room they do C&S meetings in, beside Red Raisin. Hidden room if you don't know where it is.. :P

Soc of work I'd a fella anyway, not sure if it was 1st or 2nd year I did that..
    Doing Economics and Sociology..
    Hate Stats.. which is also in Economics... :P

Some of sociology classes were huge though..
    Eoins one was big enough..

Sh!t timing but there's a Post Grad thing on here tonight Open Night thing..
    Just reminded me there when you said Devereux, he's a speaker.. think it started at 6... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭shano_88

Should we see the exam timetable next week?

I'm really hoping I don't have one on the 15th!

I had a bike stolen for the second time in two months Wednesday night. Last time, I left it at the ERB and this time at the racks between the library and the security hut.

I only paid €20 for this one, and the lock was crap but still if it's happened twice to me I can only imagine the amount that are stolen over the course of a year. Just realized they were both robbed on a Wednesday and last week I saw four lads cycling on bikes away from campus, who didn't have locks on them.

Must be a regular thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

FionnK86 wrote: »
    I had a bike stolen for the second time in two months Wednesday night. Last time, I left it at the ERB and this time at the racks between the library and the security hut.

I only paid €20 for this one, and the lock was crap but still if it's happened twice to me I can only imagine the amount that are stolen over the course of a year. Just realized they were both robbed on a Wednesday and last week I saw four lads cycling on bikes away from campus, who didn't have locks on them.

Must be a regular thing.

Sad times.

They've enough cheek for two arses to steal bikes from outside the security hut.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Keviv

Hi guys, i am highly interested in joining UL for Msc Project Management , 2017 September Intake. I have 5 years of experience in Information Technology industry. How good is this course ? and please tell me about employment opportunities for project management in Ireland. This course is accredited by PMI GAC, heard any PM masters program which is accredited by PMI is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

I'm going to be one of those people right now and ask you guys to take a second to vote for An Focal for the Smedias People's Choice Award. A lot of hard and voluntary work has gone in to the paper this year (even if it's gone mostly unnoticed, such is the student media life) and now somehow it looks like we actually have a chance to win this award - thanks in advance!
    http://www.oxygen.ie/vote-peoples-choice-award/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 LouisSmith1

good show!

• Advertisement

Fair play yeve got 1839 votes (51%) and are in the lead!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Thanks guys. Popularity contests are bad - unless you're the most popular :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Badgerrr7

Thoughts on the SU President Candidates top 5 objectives. A lot are mentioning things they can't really influence in my opinion.

I'm going to be one of those people right now and ask you guys to take a second to vote for An Focal for the Smedias People's Choice Award. A lot of hard and voluntary work has gone in to the paper this year (even if it's gone mostly unnoticed, such is the student media life) and now somehow it looks like we actually have a chance to win this award - thanks in advance!
    http://www.oxygen.ie/vote-peoples-choice-award/

UCC seem to have made a strong come back :/

Hate Student Election Week more than I hate RAG week...
    Hate RAG Week as I have had a project due the Thurs/Fri of it since 2nd year (FYP this year) and therefore hold a lot of contempt towards in and those who enjoy it... ;P
    Election week should be called anti-introvert week...
    If you don't want people pushing leaflets, lollipops and shouting names and positions at you, avoid built up areas...
    That being said, vote in your elections or you'll end up with Gerry Adams as president...
    Vote in important elections... up to you where you make that distinction.. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Hey, if you're an introvert, but you still want to know who to vote for, why not stay tuned to ULFM, Your University Radio Station, who're bringing you coverage every day this week? We've already done a debate between the Welfare candidates, Hustings will be available in the next hour or so, and we've a further two debates tomorrow! It's really the best way to decide who to vote for without actually having to talk to people!

ULFM, helping shy people make life decisions since 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭TMJM96

I forgot how difficult housing is to get :( Left it too late this year and most houses have been gone since the start of February. I rang 17 landlords and the only place I can get is College Court and I'm not really fond of staying there. It's good craic but not to live in...

Thank christ all this election tripe is finished with today. I understand that its a good life experience for those involved in the campaign and its coverage, but for most of us its very hard to see what imapact, if any, a new sabbatical team will have on the university.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

FionnK86 wrote: »
    Thank christ all this election tripe is finished with today. I understand that its a good life experience for those involved in the campaign and its coverage, but for most of us its very hard to see what imapact, if any, a new sabbatical team will have on the university.

It's almost as if they got rid of the office that communicated what the sabbats actually did back in 2012 or something, and ever since then the SU has become even more anonymous.

Not that anyone foresaw this outcome or anything.

• Advertisement

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Hey, if you're an introvert, but you still want to know who to vote for, why not stay tuned to ULFM, Your University Radio Station, who're bringing you coverage every day this week? We've already done a debate between the Welfare candidates, Hustings will be available in the next hour or so, and we've a further two debates tomorrow! It's really the best way to decide who to vote for without actually having to talk to people!

ULFM, helping shy people make life decisions since 2011.

Not really an introvert as such, just using as an example.. :P
    I'm all for ULFM and will support them to the ends of the earth (vocally), but if I go online and hear that election talk is on the radio, I can turn it off and that's that, nobody's offended and no one's any worse off...
    Far harder to do that in a face to face confrontation, even phrases such as 'kindly f**k off' seem to rough people up the wrong way.
    Headphone's mean I don't want to talk to you... :P

Anyway, over and done with now!
    Hopefully! :D

Far too many staff I think anyway in SU for what they need, certainly for what they do, but no longer my problem.. How selfish of me... ;P

Advertisement