Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

The same people who are against an 8th Amendment referendum in UL are opposed to the UI one too by and large.

Didn't expect it to make quorum. Fair play to them I guess.

Now, given that the wording of the referendum was so vague, I'll be spearheading the campaign for the Republic to rejoin the UK after Brexit to avoid a hard border. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭SkepticQuark

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    The same people who are against an 8th Amendment referendum in UL are opposed to the UI one too by and large.

Didn't expect it to make quorum. Fair play to them I guess.

Now, given that the wording of the referendum was so vague, I'll be spearheading the campaign for the Republic to rejoin the UK after Brexit to avoid a hard border. :P

Honestly, it would have been better if no voters like me didn't vote at all so it didn't make a quorum. I felt like a man voting for someone other than a Healy Rae in Kerry....

I have waded into the facebook discussion, hoping if I keep things civil on my end I'll get the same back. Not confident in putting this much trust in other humans though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Noticed someone dumped their weekly rubbish in the Post grad computer room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

I was forced to apply for an I-Grade for one of my exams last week as a result of illness. Is it correct to assume that I won't be able to graduate with my class in August as it is treated the same as a repeat, just without the grade being capped at a C3? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

I was forced to apply for an I-Grade for one of my exams last week as a result of illness. Is it correct to assume that I won't be able to graduate with my class in August as it is treated the same as a repeat, just without the grade being capped at a C3? :pac:

Unfortunately yes, you will graduate in January :( I have a couple of friends in the same boat... sorry to hear!

• Advertisement

Pete123456 wrote: »
    Unfortunately yes, you will graduate in January :( I have a couple of friends in the same boat... sorry to hear!

Thanks for the reply Pete!

I thought that was the case, what an absolute farce. Things just get worse and worse :(

What if I opt against attending my ceremony? Would I be able to receive my degree quicker or is January the absolute earliest I will get my hands on it? It's a good thing that I'm taking a year out, though I hope this won't affect my grant applications

Thanks for the reply Pete!

I thought that was the case, what an absolute farce. Things just get worse and worse :(

What if I opt against attending my ceremony? Would I be able to receive my degree quicker or is January the absolute earliest I will get my hands on it? It's a good thing that I'm taking a year out, though I hope this won't affect my grant applications

Yeah, it was part of the manifesto of one or two of the people running in the SU elections to bring the repeats forward or push out the graduation later, but as it stands the exams are the same week as the grads. I mean technically you have your degree if you've passed your I grade, which you'll know by the end of August, or early September.

As far as I know if you don't attend the ceremony they post you out your scroll... I could be wrong, but I dont think you can get it earlier :(

Pete123456 wrote: »
    Yeah, it was part of the manifesto of one or two of the people running in the SU elections to bring the repeats forward or push out the graduation later, but as it stands the exams are the same week as the grads. I mean technically you have your degree if you've passed your I grade, which you'll know by the end of August, or early September.

As far as I know if you don't attend the ceremony they post you out your scroll... I could be wrong, but I dont think you can get it earlier :(

That's such a shame :( Needless to say, I will steering clear of all social media around graduation, it's going to be a pretty tough week.

There are a lot of things proposed by the election candidates each year that I don't fully support, but this is certainly one thing that needs to change. In MIC the conferring ceremony takes place in October, so those that repeat are able to graduate with their class.

That's such a shame :( Needless to say, I will steering clear of all social media around graduation, it's going to be a pretty tough week.

There are a lot of things proposed by the election candidates each year that I don't fully support, but this is certainly one thing that needs to change. In MIC the conferring ceremony takes place in October, so those that repeat are able to graduate with their class.

I fully agree with you, the repeats need to be brought forward, or the graduation pushed out... the whole January gig is completely unnecessary! I wish you the very best of luck in the I grade though :)

Pete123456 wrote:
    I fully agree with you, the repeats need to be brought forward, or the graduation pushed out... the whole January gig is completely unnecessary! I wish you the very best of luck in the I grade though

Thanks Pete, I appreciate it! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

So....results, ay?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭TMJM96

So....results, ay?

In work until 4am so idk whether I'll stay up or not...

I know I have one failed so I'm not in too much of a hurry to check them.

TMJM96 wrote: »
    In work until 4am so idk whether I'll stay up or not...

I know I have one failed so I'm not in too much of a hurry to check them.

You'll usually get an email around 7.30 or 8 if you failed one. If 9 comes and you don't have any email from saa you're golden :D it will come to both your personal and college email.

If I was dodge about a module I would jus check my email that morning. No email = no Fs ;) haha

Best of luck to all getting results though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

0.01 outside of discretionary band for next degree...
    Any point in appealing or best just to bite the bullet and try and get by with what I have.. ?

0.01 outside of discretionary band for next degree...
    Any point in appealing or best just to bite the bullet and try and get by with what I have.. ?

There's never any harm in reviewing your scripts - I do it every semester to remove all doubt. If I was in your position, I would definitely appeal the modules you felt you could have done better in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Final degree was a 2.82, so a 2.2. Can see how i needed to improve to get the 2.1, but was too busy all year to do it.

Can still apply for a masters, and get a better degree but have a job lined up.

So goodbye UL, youve been killer baby, but as its a bitching thread ill need to say something negative, can you please get rid of the smell of ****e down by the library, 5 years like that ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

Is it normal for M graded modules to say 0 credits awarded?

Just looking through transcript there, for Y4 Sem1 I got a B3 for FYP and Y4 Sem2 I got a C1...
    Does than mean average is in between or is it an error...
    Clawing at anything now.. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Visaquestion

I got the same result for both semesters for my FYP, I don't think it makes sense for them to be different so maybe something is wrong there.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jasonroche123

Hi

Just a question Can I post my grade rechecks or have I to hand ikt in??

Also on 3.21 session qca 3.12 If I appeal a grade in lets say a c1 or a2 and went up one would it push me to 3.3????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭VanishingActs

Just looking through transcript there, for Y4 Sem1 I got a B3 for FYP and Y4 Sem2 I got a C1...
    Does than mean average is in between or is it an error...
    Clawing at anything now.. :P

I think they should be the same. Last year my transcript had two different grades listed like that for FYP, and I contacted my course director and it was a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kkeli66

Anyone know an engineering grad who could give fluid mechanics grinds?

I think they should be the same. Last year my transcript had two different grades listed like that for FYP, and I contacted my course director and it was a mistake.

Did it go up or down do you remember ;P
    On to him anyway, literally nothing to lose at this point..

Chris, re-check scripts and appeal. Worst that can happen is they'll uphold the original results, either way you'll know rather than wondering.

On the FYP, the grades can be different, it's not uncommon. We were told that usually they put the higher grade in Semester 2 so that it looks to employers like you improved over the year, but there's nothing saying they have to do that. You were probably just off the B3B3.

Oh, and on M graded modules, I had one in first year, and looking at my transcript now, I was awarded 6 credits each semester. Might just be a glitch on your transcript, or maybe ours was different, or maybe things have changed in the last 6 years.

Aye he just got back to me there stating it...
    Yeah will go up and see papers anyway, nothing to lose, might appeal one or two if it's close..
    Sickeningly close like..
    Think I'd rather it was 2.3.. at least then I'd know there's little point in it..

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Visaquestion

What does the status code beside the modules mean? All of mine say C except for one which says O.

And what happens now? Do we get our final transcript posted out to us or do we have to apply for it?

Know it's 10 euro if you want to go in and have them print it off for you, can't see them sending it out for free like..
    Can you not print it off yourself though or is there some special paper or watermark.. Not sure but wouldn't say they'll be dishing it out for free.

What does the status code beside the modules mean? All of mine say C except for one which says O.

And what happens now? Do we get our final transcript posted out to us or do we have to apply for it?

On transcripts, if you want an "official" copy you apply to SAA for it, and they'll send it on. However, digital versions are available on digitary.ul.ie. You can simply download it and send it on to people if they request it, and they can verify it on the website themselves if they want to.

When I applied for my Masters I just emailed them on the PDF.

• Advertisement

Actually, what's the process in appealing... Well viewing first, do you need to notify them beforehand to view your papers?
    If so, who?
    I swear UL website is so muddled, link on page just sends you to departments page.. annoying...

Advertisement