Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭VanishingActs

Did it go up or down do you remember ;P
    On to him anyway, literally nothing to lose at this point..

It ended up being the higher grade.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

Kkeli66 wrote: »
    Anyone know an engineering grad who could give fluid mechanics grinds?

Have a friend just finishing his Masters in Mechanical in UL, who also did the BEng in Mechanical. PM me if you'd be interested, and I'll let him know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kkeli66

iLaura wrote: »
    Have a friend just finishing his Masters in Mechanical in UL, who also did the BEng in Mechanical. PM me if you'd be interested, and I'll let him know.

Thank you, I am new to this, and don't know how to send a PM! If you PM me I will be able to reply to you hopefully!
    Thanks ðŸ‘

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

Anyway I can get out of this I-Grade exam that I mentioned on the last page? Assuming I don't fail, the grade I get will not have an impact on my final degree award and graduating in January is not ideal. I wouldn't mind, but I had two spare credits after Erasmus and everything :P

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭VanishingActs

Anyway I can get out of this I-Grade exam that I mentioned on the last page? Assuming I don't fail, the grade I get will not have an impact on my final degree award and graduating in January is not ideal. I wouldn't mind, but I had two spare credits after Erasmus and everything :P

It's unlikely, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to get in contact with your lecturer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jasonroche123

Hi

Just a question Can I post my grade rechecks or have I to hand ikt in??

Also on 3.21 session qca 3.12 If I appeal a grade in lets say a c1 or a2 and went up one would it push me to 3.3????

Anybody care to help

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

Anybody care to help

1. Ring SAA to find out
    2. Use the excel file in this link to calculate it yourself http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056942788

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

iLaura wrote: »
    1. Ring SAA to find out
    2. Use the excel file in this link to calculate it yourself http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056942788

fair play to the individual that went to the bother of making that its fantastic. UL should really have a link on their QCA website! (I realise the poster that put it up hasnt been active in years but still :P )

Pete123456 wrote: »
    fair play to the individual that went to the bother of making that its fantastic. UL should really have a link on their QCA website! (I realise the poster that put it up hasnt been active in years but still :P )

Any Idea how I can extra modules to it I had 7 in 1st sem of third year

Any Idea how I can extra modules to it I had 7 in 1st sem of third year

To be honest, I have no clue, I just remember coming across it and thinking it must have taken a brilliant knowledge of excel...

Can I ask how you had 7 modules? And surely they were not all 6 credits?

• Advertisement

Pete123456 wrote: »
    To be honest, I have no clue, I just remember coming across it and thinking it must have taken a brilliant knowledge of excel...

Can I ask how you had 7 modules? And surely they were not all 6 credits?

Yes A change in teaching council requirements for maths teachers results in an extra maths module for me - and No two were three credits

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Progess, appealed today successfully, did so in a meeting with lecturer and brought me over the 2.5 discretionary band QCA. Wondered are there any more steps to take.. dont want to miss a deadline now through ignorance :/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Progess, appealed today successfully, did so in a meeting with lecturer and brought me over the 2.5 discretionary band QCA. Wondered are there any more steps to take.. dont want to miss a deadline now through ignorance :/

As far as I'm aware, once you're over the discretionary band, it's automatically up for consideration when they meet to settle the final awards. Might be no harm to email your course director just to make sure.

Best of luck. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Will do, cheers Will.
    Swear to God the waiting is going to kill me...
    Quizzed whilst applying for appeal as well in person..
    More nerve wrecking than exams!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Visaquestion

When are the final awards settled?

We were told the final awards would be settled before results were released. we were invited in to meet with the external examiners in early June and we got our QCA and awards. They said that day was our chance to appeal and after that the awards would be ratified, but that's hardly the case because people are entitled to appeal individual grades. I would imagine soon, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 milly2013

When will the timetable for the repeat exams in August become available?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Dewdropdeb

Anyone know how long the refund takes when your grade recheck is successful? I'm so broke lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Anyone have any idea when deposits for campus accommodation are due back? Could do with the cash :P

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭TMJM96

Around what time in August will we get provisional timetables?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

milly2013 wrote: »
    When will the timetable for the repeat exams in August become available?

These are available now.

The Autumn semester timetables are out now

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Lecture scheduled for 4-5 on a Friday for me.

I thought lecturers all finish up before 4 on Friday or was that just something I made up myself?

Nope all finish at 6 Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

kerryked wrote: »

I thought lecturers all finish up before 4 on Friday or was that just something I made up myself?

Usually if enough complain they might be able to reschedule. Might suit the lecturer as much as the students. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

kerryked wrote: »

There's no specific rule. Depending on your lecturer, he/she may not be too keen on having that lecture either (due to the high likelihood of poor attendance), so they might reschedule it themselves (a lot of mine used to put the lecture into a tutorial slot earlier in the week).

Though the lecturer would be perfectly entitled to just stick to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

Hi all, I was forced to get an I-Grade in May for one of my exams and missed my graduation as a result. I cleared the I-Grade during the repeats and will now graduate during the Winter conferring. I was just wondering, can I expect letters from the President as my QCA for the past two semesters was over 3.5? If so, when can I expect to receive the letters?

Is there a scanner on campus other than in the library? Do the block A computer labs have them?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Yeah in the Post Grad lab in A1 corridor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Visaquestion

Any idea as to how I get my certificate/scroll thing as I missed my graduation?

Advertisement