Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Official bitch about daily life in UL

1275276277278279281»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

That student centre levy is fcuking annoying. I know it’s only €36 a year or something, but I’m never gonna see anything for it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    That student centre levy is fcuking annoying. I know it’s only €36 a year or something, but I’m never gonna see anything for it :rolleyes:

I campaigned for this and yet, now the time has come to pay it I can't believe I did this to myself....for the greater good! :p

I campaigned for this and yet, now the time has come to pay it I can't believe I did this to myself....for the greater good! :p

The way I found out about it probably didn’t help either, I was on Coop and the first I heard of it was when loads of people weren’t told about it and kicked up a fuss on social media, and then we “didn’t pay” and ended up having a €200 late fee added to our accounts. That was lifted in the end, but still, pretty crap way to find out about a new levy :p

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

200 late fee? That's extortionate!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Is anyone able to work the timetable websites today? They seem to have it updated for Spring but I'm getting errors whenever I enter my ID.

• Advertisement

Is anyone able to work the timetable websites today? They seem to have it updated for Spring but I'm getting errors whenever I enter my ID.

I tried mine and got an internal server error just now

• Registered Users Posts: 14 nwebpfg

Does anyone know where I can get a full PDF version of my academic transcript?

Got into a grad programme and need it ASAP. E-mailed the SAA and didn’t get a response, called them too and they didn’t pick up. Guessing they have other more important things given results were today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

nwebpfg wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I can get a full PDF version of my academic transcript?

Got into a grad programme and need it ASAP. E-mailed the SAA and didn’t get a response, called them too and they didn’t pick up. Guessing they have other more important things given results were today.

Would a PDF of your full transcript from the student portal do? I've used this in a pinch before and it worked (e.g. "print as PDF").

• Registered Users Posts: 14 nwebpfg

Would a PDF of your full transcript from the student portal do? I've used this in a pinch before and it worked (e.g. "print as PDF").

Unfortunately not :-(

I rang the SAA again this afternoon and explained the situation and I was sent a full transcript straight away! All sorted now :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

Yesterday on #InternationalDogDay we learned the sad news that regular visitor to the campus 'Sheeba', who was often referred to as UL's Black Dog, passed away recently.

That's from UL's page on Facebook. R.I.P. Black Dog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

This forum doesn't seem to be as lively as it used to be, maybe incoming new starts have new means of discussing UL issues, but as someone who would love to do it all over again five years later, I just have to encourage everyone to not leave any stone unturned in their time there.

Visit the pontoon during the hot weather. Visit the pontoon at night, or early in the morning. Go watch the hurling teams in action. Go have a snooze in the Red Raisin, if it's still called that. Go (pretend) to study in the postgraduate rooms in the Main Building. Go for lunch in the amazing library cafe. Go adventure into every nook and cranny of every building. Do it all, and have no regrets.

I know I'm giving my identity away with this post, but I need to find out if there's a microwave in CSIS. The President of the SU promised me last year that a microwave was going into the CSIS building for students to heat their tendies in. I can't get to Limerick right now, or I'd check it myself.

Anyway, here's another of my stupid Goth poems.

Roses are red,
    My name's not Dave.
    Now where's the fcuking microwave?

There’s one in the SU if that’s any good to you

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    There’s one in the SU if that’s any good to you

I know there is. It took years to get that. There's supposed to be one in the CSIS building now! It was announced before the exams last Spring!

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Jesus that new logo is shocking

x1g6v02ff3u31.png?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&88331149http://chng.it/k5GdCGsDpS

Here's a link to the petition to "repeal the rebrand".

If you turn that logo on its side, the deer looks like it's doing something NSFW to the castle with an "appendage" on its chest.
    The image was already posted to reddit, in case you want to see what it looks like.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ireland/comments/dlhuof/the_university_of_limerick_unveiled_their_new/

Advertisement