Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

Chavways wrote: »
    Am I the only one here who doesn't like Joe?

Yep!

Ah the man is a legend, even if he loves to pick on me and my friend in class and tends to just direct all questions at us. If his stuff wasn't examinable I'd enjoy his lectures so much more. It's the fact that it is examinable and he just seems to love to fail almost half the class that worries me :P But hey, he'll be gone next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

When I was in 1st year. The evening before the physics exam I met Joe on his way home. I walked all the way towards Milford Grange with him, which seemed like eternity.

I asked him to explain about Coulomb's Law and he went through practically everything. After half an hour or so we arrived close to his house and I said 'thank you' and rushed off home.

Ran up the stairs to take out my notes to recap what was explained by Joe. Nice one I said in my mind.

Next morning in the physics exam I opened the paper to see No Fecking Coulomb's Law Question :mad: :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

YFlyer wrote: »
    When I was in 1st year. The evening before the physics exam I met Joe on his way home. I walked all the way towards Milford Grange with him, which seemed like eternity.

I asked him to explain about Coulomb's Law and he went through practically everything. After half an hour or so we arrived close to his house and I said 'thank you' and rushed off home.

Ran up the stairs to take out my notes to recap what was explained by Joe. Nice one I said in my mind.

Next morning in the physics exam I opened the paper to see No Fecking Coulomb's Law Question :mad: :D
    Joe likes to troll. Is his dog still alive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

Jester252 wrote: »
    Joe likes to troll. Is his dog still alive?

Yep, still alive and saying "woof." I'm surprised that dog hasn't got a degree yet, seeing as how we're from "the best education system in the world."

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Darth Frodo

I met Joe in the corridor today. He said the students 'are firing to go' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

the sheer amount of PVA emails is horrendous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

eoins23456 wrote: »
    the sheer amount of PVA emails is horrendous

i agree at this stage of the year they should have a fair idea who is doing the PVA so limit the email so only going to them rather then all students

Students who fail an exam(s) in May 2013 will be informed by e-mail.

At least there isn't the danger that somebody else in the house will see the results first :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

YFlyer wrote: »
    Students who fail an exam(s) in May 2013 will be informed by e-mail.

At least there isn't the danger that somebody else in the house will see the results first :D
    Wouldn't be so sure
    Friend of mine had his auld lads email as the designated email for that, got it changed but I could almost guarantee he's not the only one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

freyners wrote: »
    Wouldn't be so sure
    Friend of mine had his auld lads email as the designated email for that, got it changed but I could almost guarantee he's not the only one.

It says under it to confirm ur email to be sure so they´ve no excuses :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I swear, every time I go into the main building I discover a corridor I never knew existed...

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I swear, every time I go into the main building I discover a corridor I never knew existed...

Haha same :D

I heard there´s a court room for mock trials in UL recently too. Never seen that before.

Where is it tucked away anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

garv123 wrote: »

I heard there´s a court room for mock trials in UL recently too. Never seen that before.

B block, Mezz level right above a lab of some kind

The porters have these random rooms around the main building for their coffee breaks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I got a Law student to show me once, it's pretty cool! Judge Judy style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭TwilightFan88

BM015 I think.

..... the sign for it is up high (basically the ceiling) though....missed it a few times.

Presidents awards and UL40 fcuk offf!!!!

No one gives a sh1t... and if anyone did ye wouldn't have to email them daily.

Hopefully we will not have to hear about the bloody PVA for a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Chavways wrote: »
    Am I the only one here who doesn't like Joe?

If its the same guy I am thinking of then YES I only had him for a couple of lectures in 1 class (he did part of the stuff we were studying back in the day 00 or 01). A legend he is and meant to be quite sound when you get into a conversation with him outside of a lecture.

• Advertisement

Pretty sure through a bad translation that I´ll be finishing CoOp on the 30th of june because the company is going tits up due to new bosses.

No idea what that means for the remaining 2 months I was meant to be on co op for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Jeez, the ed officer is posting loads about failing exams :(

Leave us alone 'til the 24th :mad:

Pretty sure through a bad translation that I´ll be finishing CoOp on the 30th of june because the company is going tits up due to new bosses.

No idea what that means for the remaining 2 months I was meant to be on co op for.
    You would have done 6 months which, I think, counts as coop been done.
    If they try to fail you get the SU and your lectures onto them and they'll back down.

Jester252 wrote: »
    You would have done 6 months which, I think, counts as coop been done.
    If they try to fail you get the SU and your lectures onto them and they'll back down.

I'll only have 3 months done as I did modules till the end of march.

They did say that counted as time spend on co op though if i was to find somewhere so hopefully twill be grand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

from looking at my facebook UL must be one of the if not the last college to issue results the wait is killing me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Always one of the first to finish and last to get results, crazy.

I'll only have 3 months done as I did modules till the end of march.

They did say that counted as time spend on co op though if i was to find somewhere so hopefully twill be grand

Was the late start due to the coop office? If it was they won't fail you as long as you have back up. A email from your department will have them back down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'm still waiting on Susi to approve my grant so I'm locked out of my results for the 24th unless they get it sorted! Argh!!!

chrislad wrote: »
    I'm still waiting on Susi to approve my grant so I'm locked out of my results for the 24th unless they get it sorted! Argh!!!

i think you are just locked out of the portal , the results link should work for you.

i think you are just locked out of the portal , the results link should work for you.

Nah they block the results too. Only way you find out is if you fail.

Happened to me last year too.

• Advertisement

Nah they block the results too. Only way you find out is if you fail.

Happened to me last year too.

is this a new thing ? Because I was able to log in a couple of semesters ago even though my portal was blocked.

As was already said, I don't think that's the case any more, though I can currently log into the portal as si.ul.ie, so maybe they haven't blocked me yet (or hopefully didn't do it right!)

Either way, I'll be onto SUSI all week for them to get the finger out.

chrislad wrote: »
    As was already said, I don't think that's the case any more, though I can currently log into the portal as si.ul.ie, so maybe they haven't blocked me yet (or hopefully didn't do it right!)

Either way, I'll be onto SUSI all week for them to get the finger out.

If you haven't already, it might be worthwhile PMing the SuSi: Reps verified account, they might be able to help you.

If you haven't already, it might be worthwhile PMing the SuSi: Reps verified account, they might be able to help you.

Thanks. I'll fire off a mail, but colour me pessimistic. I'm expecting to have to chase all my lecturers for results, if they can even give them!

Looks like no results for me. Despite contact from a TD, PMs to the rep here (which was unanswered), emails and calls, SUSI still haven't emailed UL to say my grant would be approved. Grrrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

QCA of 2.5, D1 in a module and got three credits. Do i have to repeat

No. You don't have to repeat. You do have the option of repeating the D1. There's QCA calculator on the site (and there's a thread somewhere around here too), so maybe plug in a C3 instead of that D1 and see whether it's worth trying to clear it.

Of course, if you're in first year, just forget it. :)

Got co-op in Spain in April till September :D:D

Fcuk you Spain, and fcuk your Co-op and stupid rain!!

Home on Thursday and it cant come soon enough.

Absolute joke of a company

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

No. You don't have to repeat. You do have the option of repeating the D1. There's QCA calculator on the site (and there's a thread somewhere around here too), so maybe plug in a C3 instead of that D1 and see whether it's worth trying to clear it.

Of course, if you're in first year, just forget it. :)

Thanks, second year education. Clean slate next year anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Got a QCA 0f 1.96 overall with a straight F in first semester maths so i've to repeat. Feel lucky that ive a second chance but is €171 not a ridiculous fee to be asking per module. Im only doing one so not too bad provided I get a job soon but cant imagine having to sit two or more. Has nothing ever been done to lower this fee( im only a fresher!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Your QCA is passing so no, you don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

SULIS seems to have a habit of going down around exam time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

ryanf1 wrote: »

see other thread i started about the outage...around 4.30 ish there seemed to have been a power surge knocking out mains elec briefly (fountains went off and back on)

all e resources are gonzo

ryanf1 wrote: »

It was the lightning the other day. Our fuse board was tripped during the storm, and I'm living near enough to the college. I was in the library yesterday to get a book for my sister, and she said they had power problems the day before as the internet was still quite slow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

I hate trying to study with no sample papers :( I can't even remember what was on the original exam...

• Advertisement

re6sum9.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Guys I just checked a course on UL website. Msc in Computational finance and beside it has course closed.

What does this mean ?

Guys I just checked a course on UL website. Msc in Computational finance and beside it has course closed.

What does this mean ?

I guess it mean that the course is full for this year. I know some people doing the course in September so I doubt its gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I'm torn between wanting to shush the c*nts talking across from me in the library and not wanting to shush them because I'm one of the loudest people to ever walk the earth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Ginge Young

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    I'm torn between wanting to shush the c*nts talking across from me in the library and not wanting to shush them because I'm one of the loudest people to ever walk the earth.

Major Dilemma :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement