Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

And without the use of a calculator :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ricimaki

What maths module is that in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Ouch! How does that even work?

On an unrelated topic, is there anywhere you can go make a complaint about a lecturer and actually have something done about it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

I don't know and don't want to find out hard way :/
    MA4103 btw.

You'd be thinking the Course Director but if push comes to shove I'd say chance the Councillor. Should be able to push complaint through anonymously.
    Oddly, ended up going there to switch course but they led me in right direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭Pai Mei

Got the 5-6pm slot for a lab on a Friday :( Don't know who my tutor is so can't ask for it to be changed. And I'm only a little first year like :( Now my paents have to come and collect me cause I'll miss the bus :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Pai Mei wrote: »
    Got the 5-6pm slot for a lab on a Friday :( Don't know who my tutor is so can't ask for it to be changed. And I'm only a little first year like :( Now my paents have to come and collect me cause I'll miss the bus :(

Depending on the course those slots are usually cancelled due to lack of attendance. Is it a science-y course you are doing?

No its Law and Accounting. Its an Acc lab :(

Depending on the course those slots are usually cancelled due to lack of attendance. Is it a science-y course you are doing?

Give it a few weeks and it'll be gone I'd say,
    I'd one this year and it was gone before tutorials started.
    And if it does stay, request to be moved to a different slot saying you've to make a certain bus home... They're generally pretty okay about it with tutorials, but I reckon it'll be gone after 2 tutorials max. Literally no one goes to them.

Give it a few weeks and it'll be gone I'd say,
    I'd one this year and it was gone before tutorials started.
    And if it does stay, request to be moved to a different slot saying you've to make a certain bus home... They're generally pretty okay about it with tutorials, but I reckon it'll be gone after 2 tutorials max. Literally no one goes to them.

I hope so. I'm ragin bout it of all the times I could've got they decide to give me that time even tho I've nothing on a Thursday. I did Acc for the LC and everything so its utterly pointless for me to go :(

A lab...
    If there's more than one I'd say try and change,
    Otherwise, if enough people complain about it, or attendance drops too low they'll have to move it really..
    Decent chance of it getting moved anyway I'd say,
    Shouldn't have 6 Friday anyway with bus schedules and the like :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I'd bet it'll be cancelled after a week or two to be honest. Most lecturers that say they're keeping that slot end up having to change it because the attendance is generally piss poor.

We're timetabled for one at that time as well, but we've asked to move it to earlier in the day and he's working on it so hopefully...

You'd be thinking the Course Director but if push comes to shove I'd say chance the Councillor. Should be able to push complaint through anonymously.
    Oddly, ended up going there to switch course but they led me in right direction.

Yeah course director and faculty head have been complained to countless times including by all of last years fourth years and a few lecturers that work with him. Anyone else I know who had him have complained too, but not an iota has been done about him. I might try the Councillor but I wouldn't worry too much about anonymously considering everyone left fuming today.

sup_dude wrote: »
    Yeah course director and faculty head have been complained to countless times including by all of last years fourth years and a few lecturers that work with him. Anyone else I know who had him have complained too, but not an iota has been done about him. I might try the Councillor but I wouldn't worry too much about anonymously considering everyone left fuming today.

Out of curiosity now, what's actually wrong with him? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I'd bet it'll be cancelled after a week or two to be honest. Most lecturers that say they're keeping that slot end up having to change it because the attendance is generally piss poor.

We're timetabled for one at that time as well, but we've asked to move it to earlier in the day and he's working on it so hopefully...

If that's Data Mining, that's be moved to right after the lecture on Friday so it's 1 to 2 now. Same room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Ugh I need to learn to drive :( I want to go to Krav Maga two days a week, but it starts at 8:15 on a Monday and 7:00 on Wednesday and lasts for two hours so I have to get my mum to pick me up and she says she'll only bring me up on the Wednesday because it's too costly to be going up two days and it's late which I completely understand but ugh I wanna do two days wah! And any of the extra meet ups they have are on too late too! Being reliant on parents for lifts is frustrating and I'm doing alternative modules for Erasmus so I was really excited to do it as my grades aren't a huge concern for this semester so I could put in the time and effort for it! :( Wah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Ugh I need to learn to drive :( I want to go to Krav Maga two days a week, but it starts at 8:15 on a Monday and 7:00 on Wednesday and lasts for two hours so I have to get my mum to pick me up and she says she'll only bring me up on the Wednesday because it's too costly to be going up two days and it's late which I completely understand but ugh I wanna do two days wah! And any of the extra meet ups they have are on too late too! Being reliant on parents for lifts is frustrating and I'm doing alternative modules for Erasmus so I was really excited to do it as my grades aren't a huge concern for this semester so I could put in the time and effort for it! :( Wah!

Living at home for college is the biggest drag ever! :(

Living at home for college is the biggest drag ever! :(

Tell me about it, and I'll be doing until 4th year (3rd year now). It mainly just gets to me when you want to join in stuff! :(

The Groody's internet is doing my head in!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

The Groody's internet is doing my head in!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

What internet??? :P :P :P :pac: :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

the internet in brookfield has picked up a bit :P

2989782335.png

In the city (mollys, crush) will they accept student ID if you have the sticker on the back? Will be handier than bringing the passport :pac:

• Advertisement

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2989798945

What internet is right, just dire!

Shocking, not just the internet but the fcuking thing keeps disconnecting every 10 minutes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ricimaki

2990394909.png

The speed in Courtyard Village. Its 3 times faster than it was last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

I've been in agony all week with back pain. Went to the medical centre today and the earliest I can get an appointment is Friday afternoon :mad:.

Out of curiosity now, what's actually wrong with him? :P

It would take too long to go through it all here :pac:
    If you really want to know and have a few hours spare, I can sit you down in front of my class and ask them what he's like :P

It would take too long to go through it all here :pac:
    If you really want to know and have a few hours spare, I can sit you down in front of my class and ask them what he's like :P

Study week it is then.. :P

Study week it is then.. :P

By then, I'm sure we'll need the whole week to get through everything :P

Just a straight out bad lecturer then.. :P
    Had one a couple of years ago, just chronic, for Maths.
    No control of class but kept talking anyway..
    Probably knew her stuff, just lacked the skill to get it across. :/

Nothing worse than it :/

Is it just me or does anyone else noticed how packed the library has been? Since I spend most of my time there :P I noticed that it's quite busy given that the semester has only begun. It's my library damn it no one else is allowed!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Is it just me or does anyone else noticed how packed the library has been? Since I spend most of my time there :P I noticed that it's quite busy given that the semester has only begun. It's my library damn it no one else is allowed!:pac:

Not where I sit it's not :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

Chavways wrote: »
    I've been in agony all week with back pain. Went to the medical centre today and the earliest I can get an appointment is Friday afternoon :mad:.

I was in same positition Monday morning, dying with a pain in my stomach so went to make an app with doc and all they would give me was tuesday so I went to see a doc across beside Plassey Spar and next thing ya know I'm heading out to A&E with a letter from the doc.

Not one bit impressed with the medical centre for that!!! They should have room each day for emergency apps like!

Okay so I just got an email about Acc labs (I already posted my disgust at being appointed the Friday 5-6 one like two pages back :P ) and it said that this is just a time in front of a computer that there wont even be a lecturer/tutor there and that skipping it is fine. So does this mean that I can basically not go to it tomorrow as its basically pointless seeing as I have my own laptop??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Okay so I just got an email about Acc labs (I already posted my disgust at being appointed the Friday 5-6 one like two pages back :P ) and it said that this is just a time in front of a computer that there wont even be a lecturer/tutor there and that skipping it is fine. So does this mean that I can basically not go to it tomorrow as its basically pointless seeing as I have my own laptop??

Its a tutorial 5-6 tomorrow, not a lab.. the lab is a hour on thursday, which is only there incase you dont have access to a computer to do your homework on myacclab, so basically she has that slot there so you cant use that as an excuse.

enjoy 5-6:P

Assuming you're on about financial accounting?

garv123 wrote: »
    Its a tutorial 5-6 tomorrow, not a lab.. the lab is a hour on thursday, which is only there incase you dont have access to a computer to do your homework on myacclab, so basically she has that slot there so you cant use that as an excuse.

enjoy 5-6:P

Assuming you're on about financial accounting?

No lol I'm a first year and it's defo a lab :P Its the principle of Accounting lab and I did Acc for the LC so can I miss it?? My lecturer was the one who emailed and told us it's fine to miss it. So can I catch my bus now then????? :D:D:D

No lol I'm a first year and it's defo a lab :P Its the principle of Accounting lab and I did Acc for the LC so can I miss it?? My lecturer was the one who emailed and told us it's fine to miss it. So can I catch my bus now then????? :D:D:D

ahh we've an accounting one too, shared with first years, 5-6 on a friday that everyone is going nuts over :D

garv123 wrote: »
    ahh we've an accounting one too, shared with first years, 5-6 on a friday that everyone is going nuts over :D

What is the point of it like?? If there is no tutor or lecturer there then they're basically saying that you should only come here if you don't have access to a computer... which I would think everybody has.

• Advertisement

What is the point of it like?? If there is no tutor or lecturer there then they're basically saying that you should only come here if you don't have access to a computer... which I would think everybody has.

Will ye have an midterm computer exam?

Ours is mainly book to reserve the slot for the exam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I'm supposed to be in that lab too, (friday 4-5) dont think i'll bother going in now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

If your going to walk slow don't take up the footpath and not allow other to pass you. You're just asking for a punch to the back of the head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Zombie season again :D

Jester252 wrote: »
    If your going to walk slow don't take up the footpath and not allow other to pass you. You're just asking for a punch to the back of the head.
    Or when you're walking against two people taking up the full footpath and one person doesn't have the manners to fall behind their friend to let you pass so you're not walking on the road!

• Advertisement

Or when you're walking against two people taking up the full footpath and one person doesn't have the manners to fall behind their friend to let you pass so you're not walking on the road!

I just drop the shoulder and walk through them. I'm not getting my shoes dirty/ feet wet because you don't have any manners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Or when you're walking five abreast on the living bridge it wouldn't kill ye to bunch up every now and again...

I'm going to get a can of spray paint and climb up to the new arena sign and spray and S onto the end of sport.

UL SPORT ARENA is annoying!!

Argh! People not knowing when the library opens kills me in the morning! But worse is when it's close to half 8, everyone is standing outside and people still come up to the doors and wonder why they don't open! We're hardly standing outside for a laugh and it is enough of a group to figure out people aren't just standing around! People!:pac: Feel a bit like Bernard Black today! 'Well the little man in my hair is getting very, very angry'

Had to include this one too, for all the annoying people who talk in the library! Everywhere should be a silent zone! :P

And in case you hadn't guessed I'm obsessed with Black Books and Dylan Moran! :P

Once you start trusting strangers it's a slippery slope downwards... :P

Ugh, this linguistics project is hurting my brain! Anyone else do this bloody module? It's a first year module and I'm only doing it because I'm doing alternative modules! Mistake! *Sigh*

Have to spend all afternoon making sample. GTA:O has to wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭VanishingActs

Ugh, this linguistics project is hurting my brain! Anyone else do this bloody module? It's a first year module and I'm only doing it because I'm doing alternative modules! Mistake! *Sigh*

I did Linguistics 1 last year. Hated every second of it! Linguistics 2 wasn't so bad though.

Anyone know the best place to report taxi drivers for trying to take advantage of peoples drunkenness to get more money?

Anyone know the best place to report taxi drivers for trying to take advantage of peoples drunkenness to get more money?

Well the SU would be a good place to start. You could try the guards. I say that the National Transport Authority would also be a good place as they deal with taxi licences and regulations.

• Advertisement
Advertisement