Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

I have it on a wednesday at 2....I have no idea what hes talkin about ever!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

ACADEMIC LITERACY SUFFERERS

So had a class meeting today with our course director who is as sound as a pound and our class rep was saying that she has had a load of complaints about it as have loads of other class reps over the Humanities Faculty and that they are all getting together to discuss the module.

Course director said that the reason we have to do it is because
    A/ New law yoke came in across Europe that changed the system from 24 credits to 30 across the board to make things fairer which results in 5 modules.
    and B/ They wanted to help students with academic writing because from Semester 2, all we will be accessed upon is our writing and written assignments and the standard of essays in recent years have been particularly crap so they wanted to help us

But we kicked up a huge fuss saying in that case, make the module more relevant and practical as opposed to treating us like Junior Certs and telling us how to study.
    So think people are going to the Education Officer to have an ole discussion and try to improve the module because we'll have to do it next semester too!

So there ye go. :rolleyes:

Sulis is just F*cking fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Haha oh dear! Hope it doesn't go pare shaped like that for me later on tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

lol :D

SULIS = epic fail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Am tearing what little hair I have left out because of that ****ing sulis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

:mad: Fees Office :mad:

Ffs, only open from 11:30 - 12:30 and then 2:30 - 4:30.
    Whats up with that?
    Approx 10,000 students on campus, and the fees office opens for 3 hours a day!!
    Thats a fecking disgrace :mad:

Anyone else bored and in the library now? :D

Anyone else bored and in the library now? :D

Oh yes! Trying to study for a HR mid-term, and I'm seriously struggling to stay awake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,116 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Right. That's it. I am finished with the HR tutorials. They are a complete waste of time :mad:

• Advertisement

The whole printer network is a convoluted pile of poo.

Was in the Library on Wednesday and hit the print button. You'll never guess where my work was printed.

On a printer in the Shuman Building! I mean, how the christ did that happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

The whole printer network is a convoluted pile of poo.

Was in the Library on Wednesday and hit the print button. You'll never guess where my work was printed.

On a printer in the Shuman Building! I mean, how the christ did that happen.

I didn't know that was even possible o.O

Whatever about SULIS not working, but everytime I open my outlook there's a new bloody resource!!

Also, pre-reg - they're breathing down our necks to get it done, but they'd want to make sure it works wouldn't they!! I tried to PR on Monday - wouldn't let me confirm my choices, which are perfectly valid, I would think seeing as they were the same choices I have for this semester!! E-mailed SAA for help, good luck getting a reply. Tried to get on to PR today - the link has completely dissappeared from my portal! 0_X If I get in trouble for this I may kill someone....

For pre ref, where should the link be on your home page?

There is a big box talking about it but nowhere to go do it?! :eek:

And no-one told us about it. Learnt about it from those journals!

What the **** is up with the UL Portal?

It never lets me in! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Blondiegirl2009

Killing time between classes, in the dull library beacuse my friends went home :mad:

Killing time between classes, in the dull library beacuse my friends went home :mad:

You're not the only one...

I hate getting up for a 9am tutorial only for it to be the most pointless thing you have ever endured! Oh good lord!

Seriously like at Masters level you'd assume that they would have a structure and a tutor who answered with more something more exact than "I suppose" and "Ammmm" or "Maybe" .. FFS

Can someone tell me what political acedemics talked about before Karl Marx came along?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

While I realise they provide a passable service I am getting sick of the spam!!

4 emails about pre-registering for the damn careers fair!!!

Great, I get it, I won't have to queue!! I'll be put into a draw for an IPOD I already have - Savage!!!

Truth is, I would have done it earlier but I can't print anything because once again I've used all the credit on my print account!! So how can I print off my slip that lets me skip this massive queue ( that consisted of about 2 people the last time - I waited for a grand total fo 5 seconds)

What a load of bollix!!:mad:

• Advertisement

Can someone tell me what political acedemics talked about before Karl Marx came along?

Marcus Tullius Cicero :rolleyes:

DJCR wrote: »
    While I realise they provide a passable service I am getting sick of the spam!!

4 emails about pre-registering for the damn careers fair!!!

Great, I get it, I won't have to queue!! I'll be put into a draw for an IPOD I already have - Savage!!!

Truth is, I would have done it earlier but I can't print anything because once again I've used all the credit on my print account!! So how can I print off my slip that lets me skip this massive queue ( that consisted of about 2 people the last time - I waited for a grand total fo 5 seconds)

What a load of bollix!!:mad:

What bugs me is the hourly pop up about activating outlook account.

Also, pre-reg - they're breathing down our necks to get it done, but they'd want to make sure it works wouldn't they!! I tried to PR on Monday - wouldn't let me confirm my choices, which are perfectly valid, I would think seeing as they were the same choices I have for this semester!! E-mailed SAA for help, good luck getting a reply. Tried to get on to PR today - the link has completely dissappeared from my portal! 0_X If I get in trouble for this I may kill someone....

I'm in the exact same boat, as are my friends for Business major, so I think we are ok :)

If not though.....:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭TwilightFan88

one else living with Americans who refuse to clean up!?

N then have the gall to ask the people ,who clean up, do they realise there is an inspection soon!!

:mad:

Rant over:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

The toilets in the Library, it's not the cleaning ladies' fault there is only so much they can do, but seriously people HOW HARD IS IT TO FLUSH A FCUKING TOILET? (talking about the Gents, can't speak for the ladies)
    Not only that, but yesterday when I went to lock the cubicle, I realised that some ass had smeared it with his chewing gum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭fivetwenty

The SAA need to hurry things up a bit, you can be waiting forty minutes easily to get seen to, at least sort out some seating arrangements! And maybe put a third person answering questions!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

Academic Literacies...we have a project for tommorow!!very annoying waste of time...has nyone anything i could use links or anything i havent even started!:mad::confused:

Academic Literacies...we have a project for tommorow!!very annoying waste of time...has nyone anything i could use links or anything i havent even started!:mad::confused:

I have written one paragraph so far... as for sources - Im just quoting some SU stuff --- I hate this waste of time, I could almost stomach the bullshhhhhh lectures and tutorials, but the waste of time assignments....:mad: (aww there's no crying emote)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

What bugs me is the hourly pop up about activating outlook account.

God I know, it's fierce annoying...I did it on Monday in Week 1 and I'm able to send and receive e-mails no bother...now, pop-up, leave me alone so I can resume proper computing

How about people in the queue for a computer library who think they're more important than the person in front of them?!! I don't think I've had more contempt for anybody in my whole life, it wasn't even that I needed to get to a computer fast it was just the whole fU attitude... ... ... He just walked right past me and swanned over to the nearest computer - rawr - if I didn't have an assignment due in the next hour, I would have....growled at him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Funkstard

How about people in the queue for a computer library who think they're more important than the person in front of them?!! I don't think I've had more contempt for anybody in my whole life, it wasn't even that I needed to get to a computer fast it was just the whole fU attitude... ... ... He just walked right past me and swanned over to the nearest computer - rawr - if I didn't have an assignment due in the next hour, I would have....growled at him.

Although, in first year it took me a while to realise what the queue was about and for me to stop strolling past it to the nearest free computer. In hindsight, what else would that queue have been for like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 dimples06

what the hell is with the people who do front crawl at 100mph in the slow lane and pass u out while ur struggling away at breaststroke! especially when the fast lane is practically empty!!

I came in today and yesterday to do some study for my mid-terms, and the place was over-run with 5/6th years running all over the place. Fair enough, the have every right to be here...

But the carry-on of some of these eejits!!
    Yesterday there were 2 girls pushing each other into people deliberately, and then giggling manically about it afterwards. :confused:

Then today I was in the library cafe getting a can of Coke and a bottle of water, and there was a longish queue, not so bad, I just gritted my teeth and waited. The queue started to get smaller, untill 2 girls ran up to their friend who was right in front of me, and joined the queue behind her :mad::mad:

YOU'RE NOT IN 1ST YEAR!!! Stop "saving places" for your friends!!!
    And as for you two lazy bitches, get the the back of the queue and WAIT like everyone else!!!

The thought of screaching secondary school kids was the inspiration for me to do what I had to do in Mary I.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Funkstard wrote: »
    Although, in first year it took me a while to realise what the queue was about and for me to stop strolling past it to the nearest free computer. In hindsight, what else would that queue have been for like?

****, you have to queue for computers? Oops :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭fivetwenty

If I need a computer, the library's the last place on campus I head towards! There are tonnes of computer rooms where you're better off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

I do not want to go to college in the morning....2 days of was so nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

I know I'm no longer in UL, but this is a general rant and UcL doesn't have a forum (or at least I can't find it)...anyway, WHAT THE HELL IS WITH A MASTERS REQUIRING SO MUCH WORK?? Seriously, it's my second week of classes and I'm snowed under!! I got a 92-page reading list for one of my modules...WTF like?!?! Is anyone else doing a Masters finding that it's diriculously work-oriented? This was not what I signed up for! That and the fact that the neighbours listen to BBC news at 6am every morning... :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

I know I'm no longer in UL, but this is a general rant and UcL doesn't have a forum (or at least I can't find it)...anyway, WHAT THE HELL IS WITH A MASTERS REQUIRING SO MUCH WORK?? Seriously, it's my second week of classes and I'm snowed under!! I got a 92-page reading list for one of my modules...WTF like?!?! Is anyone else doing a Masters finding that it's diriculously work-oriented? This was not what I signed up for! That and the fact that the neighbours listen to BBC news at 6am every morning... :mad:
    Ya im doing 3 masters courses at the moment so im in way over my head (considering im only a 2nd year erasmus student).
    There's some people in my course in their late 20's and even a married couple in my advanced corporate finance class.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭wonderingabout

+1000000
    I hate this :mad:.

If it makes you feel any better... I'm snowed under here as well!!!

1 project due next week with 25 "recommended" readings.... either do or die!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Jeebus

There's 3 and a half nightclubs in Limerick, and most of them are ****. The lodge is a horrible, terrible place that is overpriced and filled with the smelly, sweating dregs or human society. Trinity Rooms is like a high-class hooker, it looks nice but absolutely no substance an 8 euro for a jagerbomb, are you joking me ?

Molly's is okay, but is empty a lot of the time and still never plays any good music. There isn't one club in Limerick that caters for people who don't like ****ing Tinchy-bollocking-****-Stryder, or the pussycat dolls or ****e like that.

I hate living here. Its always the same load of bollocks and it gets tiring - quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Jeebus

The toilets in the Library, it's not the cleaning ladies' fault there is only so much they can do, but seriously people HOW HARD IS IT TO FLUSH A FCUKING TOILET? (talking about the Gents, can't speak for the ladies)
    Not only that, but yesterday when I went to lock the cubicle, I realised that some ass had smeared it with his chewing gum.

Go down to the bottom floor. Theres a toilet-meant to be staff only- but its not. We call it "the ****ters paradise". Friend of mine spent 2 hours in there the other day and came out smiling from ear to ear.

Anyway, its lovely. Enjoy !

Jeebus wrote: »
    There's 3 and a half nightclubs in Limerick, and most of them are ****. The lodge is a horrible, terrible place that is overpriced and filled with the smelly, sweating dregs or human society. Trinity Rooms is like a high-class hooker, it looks nice but absolutely no substance an 8 euro for a jagerbomb, are you joking me ?

Molly's is okay, but is empty a lot of the time and still never plays any good music. There isn't one club in Limerick that caters for people who don't like ****ing Tinchy-bollocking-****-Stryder, or the pussycat dolls or ****e like that.

I hate living here. Its always the same load of bollocks and it gets tiring - quickly.

Have you heard of the Treehouse nightclub?! Its a new club in Limerick, and it definitely wont be playing the usual music!
    Location: Bentleys, The Courtyard, O'Connell St., Limerick, Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Mossin wrote: »
    Have you heard of the Treehouse nightclub?! Its a new club in Limerick, and it definitely wont be playing the usual music!

Interesting, what type of music do they play?

Its a mix of indie, nu-disco...I'm not entirely sure, I havent made it there yet myself. It only opened recently, and its €5 before 12, and €7 after..

Check out the Treehosue on facebook for further info.

Mossin wrote: »

Do tell more! I totally agree with Jeebus on the club scene in Limerick. I so ****ing sick of it already. Same ****e as back home. Was in Gorbys in Cork last Wednesday night where they played proper music. Epic night.

Stephen, you got to Freakscene!
    With George I presume,
    SO PROUD.

****ing miss those nights out. :(

snazzy wrote: »
    Stephen, you got to Freakscene!
    With George I presume,
    SO PROUD.

****ing miss those nights out. :(

Haha how did you guess. I was the one who demanded to go there though :P
    Yeah and it was epic! Want to find something similar in Limerick though cause I've said the music played in Limerick is the same old crap :(

Agreed.
    I haven't gone out in town too often lately but so far nothing even compares.
    I'll be checking out that Treehouse place though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,481 ✭✭✭✭cson

I listen to BBC news at 6am every morning...
    Jeebus wrote: »
    There's 3 and a half nightclubs in Limerick, and most of them are ****. The lodge is a horrible, terrible place that is overpriced and filled with the smelly, sweating dregs or human society.

Sacrilege.

Go to a different University then ftw :pac:

Advertisement