Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

phish wrote: »
    Haha what makes it weirder is every time I walk past going to Kemmy/Schumann I always look in to see whose in my kitchen... not that its even mine anymore....

Or the weirdest would be if you were in my old room and all!!

I'm not too bad this year, down the other end of the village.

*makes mental note to keep blinds and curtains closed from now on* :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭phish

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    *makes mental note to keep blinds and curtains closed from now on* :pac:

Haha I've actually never seen anyone even in the place or lights on or anything.

I'm not a stalker I swear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

The amount of guys in college that forgot how to use a bathroom is ridiculous. One of the seats had blood on it FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Do we have to pre-register this week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

Do we have to pre-register this week?

Not quite sure. The 3 emails I get about it daily aren't that clear...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

I haven't gotten any emails about it.

Just realised that's because I don't have any electives next semester. Never mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Jester252 wrote: »
    The amount of guys in college that forgot how to use a bathroom is ridiculous. One of the seats had blood on it FFS.

Piss usually.

Can't understand lads having their lunch in the bog.

I haven't gotten any emails about it.

Just realised that's because I don't have any electives next semester. Never mind.

Ah, fair enough. The SAA are certainly ensuring that they send out enough emails. I pre-registered on Monday, please be so kind TO STOP SENDING ME SO MANY BLOODY EMAILS!

It'd hardly be that difficult to design a system where you remove students off the email list once they've already pre-registered. The emails are getting almost as bad as the survey ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Anyone else have to pay €35 ish to get their FYP bound per copy? :(

Had to laugh at the email from reception today about the car in the Foundation car park. Nothing like alerting ~12,000 people that there's a car ripe for pilfering. :pac:

• Advertisement

garv123 wrote: »
    Anyone else have to pay €35 ish to get their FYP bound per copy? :(

Snap?

My friends got 3 copies, for less than what I paid at Snap for 2, printed in the print room.

Snap?

My friends got 3 copies, for less than what I paid at Snap for 2, printed in the print room.

We must get them bound in a proper leather book cover . Priced as a group off another guy our lecturer recommended.

We must get them bound in a proper leather book cover . Priced as a group off another guy our lecturer recommended.

Soft non-leather bound was the usual for FYPs when I handed in mine.

YFlyer wrote: »
    Soft non-leather bound was the usual for FYPs when I handed in mine.

Our supervisor has an awful habit of calling them a thesis :(

I guess it depends on the department and supervisor. There be guidelines online. As long as he doesn't get yee to write much more than what's required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Why not?

A Thesis= a dissertation embodying results of original research and especially substantiating a specific view; especially : one written by a candidate for an academic degree

Agent_99 wrote: »
    Why not?

A Thesis= a dissertation embodying results of original research and especially substantiating a specific view; especially : one written by a candidate for an academic degree

As in he treats it like a masters theses.. The rules and regulations about it are even longer than our word limit.

That's odd for a department to require leather hardcover, all the other departments just require the standard soft cover

That's odd for a department to require leather hardcover, all the other departments just require the standard soft cover

anyone ive spoke to this year didnt need a leather hardcover either. Yeah they look nice but its pretty expensive for some.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭cgordonfreeman

iLaura wrote: »
    Ah, fair enough. The SAA are certainly ensuring that they send out enough emails. I pre-registered on Monday, please be so kind TO STOP SENDING ME SO MANY BLOODY EMAILS!

It'd hardly be that difficult to design a system where you remove students off the email list once they've already pre-registered. The emails are getting almost as bad as the survey ones.

Would you be interested in winning €100 by participating in a 4 hour survey regarding your displeasure at receiving excessive emails? By the way, there is a car with its windows open somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

There's still another few days till rag week people, please turn your ****e trance music down and stop shouting at the top of your voices...I would have liked a nap after my stupid 9 o'clock, thank you.

****ers.

Sorry...grumpy tired person here.

They also closed the door to the kitchen through the living room...the handle is broken...I cannot open it, I'm weak.

Thanks...grrr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Would you be interested in winning €100 by participating in a 4 hour survey regarding your displeasure at receiving excessive emails? By the way, there is a car with its windows open somewhere.

Ask me about 10 more times. I generally stop being annoyed after the first 8 or 9 times you ask me the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

There's a guy in the post grad room of the library who has been coughing LOUDLY ALL DAY LONG!!!

I'm fit to hop a phone off his f*cking head.

Some muppet wearing the Limerick GAA jacket cut me off going out the gate of the all weather pitches to the perimeter where I was running tonight at around 7:15 pm.

It was like a train crash waiting to happen. I was running along the outside heading toward where the gate was open. There was just enough room for me to pass through. The guy with the gear bag, likely a coach of the Ladies GAA squad, was walking off the pitch and walk right in my line. I had to stop all of a sudden to wait for the dopey fool to pass by :mad:

People on balconies in Thomond already blasting music...I would like to sleep in please.

Hmmm, did my post just disappear? Maybe I didn't press send properly, but it looks like it may have.

I was giving out about rag week. Had to change where I park as I was worried about proximity to Elm Park. Looks like I was right to be worried - car in my normal area was covered in paint this morning, paint can and all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Aragneer wrote: »
    People on balconies in Thomond already blasting music...I would like to sleep in please.

Woken by 2 alarms this morning, first about half 9ish, second at about 10 to 10. Luckily alarm was set for 10 so didn't lose much sleep :)
    Heard a couple of alarms go off afterwards as well.. Wondering how well the Groody gate will hold up. :P

Less than a minute after posting another went off incredibly close. It's like living in the fking ghetto!

If the librian or whatever they are by the print room in the library computer room doesnt stop texting with her keypad tones on I think, Im going to strangle her with the cable off a mouse!!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 144 ✭✭blazermel

Anyone know how strict groody are being this week with having the gate closed and not letting non-residents in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

If you are bringing someone home you may have to bribe them

blazermel wrote: »
    Anyone know how strict groody are being this week with having the gate closed and not letting non-residents in?

From experience last year they are very strict. However, I was able to get my boyfriend in last year by simply putting one of my keys onto a separate keyring that has a good few keys on it. When they ask for keys, just show them the two sets of keys, one of each will have a groody key on it.

Project Management. Pages and pages of buzzwords. *shudder*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Ugh, the amount of annoying irrelevant emails I get drive me insane! Signed up for a workshop for my FYP, but I still managed to get emails for every other one of the workshops! What's the point of signing to you if I still get notifications for all of them!

That's the car I was referring to earlier. :)

• Advertisement

chrislad wrote: »
    That's the car I was referring to earlier. :)

Never saw your post, sorry!

Also isn't that dog food not paint?

Also isn't that dog food not paint?

I was driving by and didn't stop to take a close look! As I said was a can and splatters so I assumed paint! :)

Never saw your post, sorry!

Nothing to apologise for!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭21 Schump Street

Is Cite It Right not working for anyone else? When I try to open it it redirects to the ul.ie homepage,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

They forgot to mention at the CoOp meetings that CoOp=slave labour in which your bedtime changes to as soon as you eat in the evening and that you'll probably need to have several months of physio just so you can move your back afterwards

Anyone know if there are any consequences to your fire alarm going off in your house on campus?

My boyfriend's house oven was left on all night and house was evacuated early this morning, just trying to find out for him if they have a hearing or anything to pay, etc.

Anyone know if there are any consequences to your fire alarm going off in your house on campus?

My boyfriend's house oven was left on all night and house was evacuated early this morning, just trying to find out for him if they have a hearing or anything to pay, etc.
    Don't think so, my bfs house kinda went on fire last week and they were just moved elsewhere. Not sure if the guy responsible was held accountable at all, but the rest weren't.

sup_dude wrote: »
    Don't think so, my bfs house kinda went on fire last week and they were just moved elsewhere. Not sure if the guy responsible was held accountable at all, but the rest weren't.

Was that in dromroe? I heard a kitchen was burnt down there on Saturday.
    Not too bad then, hope they won't get charged. Accidents happen :)

Thanks.

Was that in dromroe? I heard a kitchen was burnt down there on Saturday.
    Not too bad then, hope they won't get charged. Accidents happen :)

Thanks.

Yeah it was. I think insurance covers that kinda stuff so they shouldn't be charged :)

Depends on a few factors.

If it was set off on purpose by anyone in the house and if you're friendly with the manger.

Wasn't set off on purpose and I dn't know about the manager.

Also, can tell it's the end of rag week with all the e-mails about lost items!

Wasn't set off on purpose and I dn't know about the manager.

Also, can tell it's the end of rag week with all the e-mails about lost items!

TBH, I think he should be fine. I think as long as someone doesn't deliberately set it off (breaking glass, setting something on fire to create smoke) they class it as a "legitimate alarm" if y'know what I mean.

Few people I know have set theirs off cooking before and haven't been reprimanded.

Some asshole pulled out the plug on the PC I was using in the Postgrad computer lab :mad:

YFlyer wrote: »
    Some asshole pulled out the plug on the PC I was using in the Postgrad computer lab :mad:

That does my head it. I'm reliant on my assigned PC for the FYP. I'm normally in the lab at 9am ish and I may need to go for my teaching lab or a lecture during the day for up to 3 hours, but I have come back to my PC being switched off, despite there being loads of other machines. You can argue that I'm leaving the machine, but it's a 4th year lab, and the machine is assigned to me for FYP purposes until May!

• Advertisement
Advertisement