Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPod and Audio Books

Options
  • 13-10-2008 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi all,

I can't afford a monthly subscription to audible.com but really want to get some audio books for my iPod as I am doing a lot of commuting by train. Can anyone send me links to or recommend good cheap or preferably free sources of audio books for download?

PM me if necessary!!

Fish

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

mod edit - please don't recommend illegal activities

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭InvisibleBadger

I got some classic audiobooks from project gutenberg,
    (gutenberg.org). There are some terrible computer generated ones there, but there are some pretty good human-read ones too (the Sherlock Holmes ones are great). Its a great way to revisit books you've read, especially when commuting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

shockwave - thats not the kind of info we give out in public around here :)

lets call it the elephant in the room :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Ok. sorry folks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭DesignLady

Audible do a free audio book trial. Sign up get two free books and then you can cancel or not. I did this the first time I was with audible.

(went back to them and while I eventually cancelled the subscription I can't say anything bad about the Audible service at all)

• Advertisement
Advertisement