Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to Practice Driving

Options
  • 13-10-2008 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭

hey

have to help by GF practice her driving in a controlled environment.

are there any places in Dublin such as very quiet car parks around the city where people do this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

bull island is/was popular but i think the city council placed bollards on the beach to stop drivers, i could be wrong though. industrial estates are usually where people go

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Industrial estates are the best places i reckon.The one between Cabra and Finglas(Glasnevin Ind Est?) is very good by virtue of its size,its huge and has lots of places to practise turning,hillstarts and reversing.Its also pretty safe after hours in that there's no other traffic to speak of.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Crumlin Shopping Centre on a Sunday, plenty of space and hardly anyone in it, that's where I went for my 1st drive a year ago.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Ucd on the weekend i practically empty and seems fairly popular for learners

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

thanks for all the help guys - much appreciated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Spawell leisure centre carpark.

Advertisement