Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nursing or midwifery

Options
  • 13-10-2008 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

hey,
    im repeating my leaving this year and hoping to do midwifery,howver im not sure i will get the points, is it possible to start in general nursing and witch over? any help greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

leesmom wrote: »
    hey,
    is it possible to start in general nursing and witch over? any help greatly appreciated

Witch!!! wwiiiittccch!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

switch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

leesmom wrote: »
    switch

I know :). But I have nothing more constructive to add... Someone will be along shortly with proper advice.

(edit; And there's an "edit" button by your post if you want to fix it!)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Riveta

Hey I'm a second year nursing student. I'm pretty sure that you can't switch unless you were upgraded from an exam recheck. It's the same as any other course. You can't be admitted onto it unless you gain the required points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 katem

All colleges have an agreement with the CAO saying that they wont let a student switch courses unless they have the subject and point requirements. Though you could do general nursing and do midwifery after as a post grad. If you want more info on the course try e-mailing the nursing program office- the address is on the ucd website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

As there's now the separate entry,a postgrad in midwifery in Ireland is unlikely to be an option, however I'd say you'd be able to do one in another country + come back to Ireland to work. If you're unsure between the 2 regardless of points I'd recommend nursing as there are far more areas you could work in than midwifery so you keep more options open.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭lemon_sherbert

Trinity have a postgraduate midwifery diploma, details here, which you would be eligble for after 6 months of practice as a general nurse, if that's of any help

Advertisement