Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the boss !

Options
  • 13-10-2008 10:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Any fans of Bruce Springsteen alive out there !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

cath66 wrote: »
    Any fans of Bruce Springsteen alive out there !

Oh yuss, very much!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

*raises hand*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

Aye :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,737 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

What time is it?
    BOSS TIME!!!

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

Right here!

Although I must admit, its only a recent thing. Better late than never huh?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 roversania22

Unbelievable to see in concert. One of the all time greats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Bossfan

Another here!
    BTW, anyone got audio of the last RDS show? (Sun, May 25th)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 cath66

Its a recent thing in my case also but now he is my favourite ! Think he plays best with the E street band from what i've seen of the early nineties band. Loved the Seegar Sessions though.

All the E Street band are so talented. Couldn't believe Stevie was in the Soprano's!!! Listened to his Patti's music on youtube which is great too, I see she gets a lot of stick from some of the comments posted there. Jealousy or what !!

Went to his concert in May . It was brilliant. Hope he comes back soon !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭solace

I wouldn't call myself a fan but he certainly has some incredible songs. The River is absolutely class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭'Ol Jack Chance

the man is a living legend

BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCE!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭JLemmon

Favourite Album anyone?

Mine is Darkness on the Edge of Town, all tracks are great.
    Short and sweet. Really like The Young, Restless and Greetings from Asbury Park also
    Although I like all the rest, Born in the USA & The River are my least listened to albums
    More time needed maybe but the glossly finish of Born in the USA gets to me when listening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Bossfan wrote: »
    Another here!
    BTW, anyone got audio of the last RDS show? (Sun, May 25th)

No. I haven't seen it about, but the 23rd is available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Note the pic in my sig. Danny Federici and Bruce when in Child!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 dollybird6

couldn't pick a favourite album.

Favourite songs... well he doesn't have any bad ones in my opinion but some i listen to a lot are:

badlands,
    Darkness on the edge of town,
    Born to run,
    Devils and dust,
    thunder road
    she's the one
    if i should fall behind
    tougher than the rest
    atlantic city
    etc etc

He is just class

• Registered Users Posts: 4,737 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

My favourite album is The Wild, the Innocent and the E-Street Shuffle, which isn't a predictable choice, I suppose, but I don't think there's a dud track on it.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

JLemmon wrote: »
    Favourite Album anyone?

Mine is Darkness on the Edge of Town, all tracks are great.
    Short and sweet.

Yeah I agree, really is his best work. It's sombre, edgy and musically progressive for Bruce. Gotta love 'Candy's Room'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 roversania22

I'm gona be predictable here and say the 'Born to Run' album. Unbelievable album. Backstreets is fantastic song, along with thunder road , born to run (obviously) and Jungleland, All instant classics i think.

Advertisement