Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Sydney Hostel as a base?

Options
  • 13-10-2008 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Been reading through this forum recently and found it very helpful. However, just as a general query to people who have already done it etc, I just wanted to gauge peoples opinions on what they consider to be the best hostel to spend the first week or two in after arriving in Sydney.

I'm travelling over there soon and am doing so alone. I'm looking for a decent/safe/well located/fun hostel from which to start my year in Oz/Nz. Some people have recommended BASE(?) hostel in Sydney, as basically its the biggest and would have a greater chance of meeting some like-minded travellers. Any others I should check out?

Basically, any advice or personal experiences you guys would be willing to offer would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Hey guys,

Been reading through this forum recently and found it very helpful. However, just as a general query to people who have already done it etc, I just wanted to gauge peoples opinions on what they consider to be the best hostel to spend the first week or two in after arriving in Sydney.

I'm travelling over there soon and am doing so alone. I'm looking for a decent/safe/well located/fun hostel from which to start my year in Oz/Nz. Some people have recommended BASE(?) hostel in Sydney, as basically its the biggest and would have a greater chance of meeting some like-minded travellers. Any others I should check out?

Basically, any advice or personal experiences you guys would be willing to offer would be much appreciated.

Cheers

A friend of mine stayed in base for 2 weeks and said it was great.
    Everyone has different opinions of what is good in a hostel.
    If you want a good place to meet people then YHA/Base/Wake up are three big ones that are attached to pubs/clubs, and as far as I remember organise nights out etc. If you want cheap then try around Kings X/potts point, that is a big party scene there, I stayed at a place called boomerangs a few years ago and was cheap & pretty friendly.

Advertisement