Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So...what are you doing for Halloween?

Options
  • 13-10-2008 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭

I'm probably sticking to my annual trip to Freakscene. Anything else worth doing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

I'm probably sticking to my annual trip to Freakscene. Anything else worth doing?

Freakscene for myself as well I'd say, or else maybe some sort of party if one pops up?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭corkgal1981

Just saw this on whazon.ie & think I might give it a go...getting too old for Freakscene!

October 22 to November 1

The Brothers Grimm Spectaculation

The fairy tales of the Brothers Grimm are turned on their heads in this fast-paced, rollicking ride as two narrators and several actors attempt to combine all 209 stories ranging from classics like Snow White, Cinderella, and Hansel and Gretel to more bizarre, obscure stories like The Devil's Grandmother and The Girl Without Hands. A wild free-from comedy with lots of audience participation and mad cap fun.

Prize for best costume on Hallowe'en Night. Show not suitable for under 12's.

TIME: 8pm.
    TICKETS: eu15/12 conc. Two for One Wednesdays, Free Trick or Treat Goody Bag with each ticket.
    BOOKING/INFO: Tel: 021 4505624.
    VENUE: Cork Arts Theatre, Camden Court, Carroll's Quay

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

That sounds cool. Pity im working :(

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭corkgal1981

castie wrote: »
    That sounds cool. Pity im working :(

Its not just on for Halloween, its on Oct 22 - Nov 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭g.quagmire

I think I'll get twisted and do a drive-by egging outside freakscene.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Energizeer

I know wat I'm gunna be wearing:
    150.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

Might be headin to freakscene myself, too. But bein in college, might get a better offer!!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I usually go to Freakscene but I haven't been in months seeing as I hate 90% of the people there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Kold wrote: »
    I usually go to Freakscene but I haven't been in months seeing as I hate 90% of the people there.

Oh I don't frequent the place by any means, but there's no doubting it's a mad laugh on halloween.

What I want to know is who's offering the best prize for best costume?

• Advertisement

What I want to know is who's offering the best prize for best costume?

I heard the Old Oak had pretty good prizes last year. Although in fairness, Freakscene's was good too. A night in a really fancy hotel up in Kerry...which went to yours truly :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

Best get workin on that costume if im gonna win that prize. Could do with a free stay in a nice hotel.

I heard the Old Oak had pretty good prizes last year. Although in fairness, Freakscene's was good too. A night in a really fancy hotel up in Kerry...which went to yours truly :P

What were you? I should've won when I was Pika :( Came 2nd and all I got was a poxy bottle of champagne.

What were you? I should've won when I was Pika :( Came 2nd and all I got was a poxy bottle of champagne.

2459981037a5809254969ml.jpg

Here's me with Awesom-o and Optimus Prime:

2459981037a9162205628ml.jpg

Edit: Ha, I remember the year before when you were Pikachu. What were you parading around as last year?

Was Err from Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

probably going to a house party. I'm college also so I'' see what offers they give us

• Registered Users Posts: 21,382 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Gonna be down in Cork mid-week, but leaving halloween day. Is Freakscene fancy dress on the Wednesday?

Kold, I remember seeing ya there as Pikachu that year. I actually tore tendons in my ankle that night to while moshing. Oh the joys of friends trying to walk back to Bishopstown.

Mushy wrote: »
    Is Freakscene fancy dress on the Wednesday?

Nope, its fancy dress on the friday this year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,382 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

DJ Hafez wrote: »
    Nope, its fancy dress on the friday this year :(

Cheers. So it'll be normal Freak for me then if I do end up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

itd be normal "dress like an emo" freakscene on the wednesday or interesting "dress as something weird" on friday.

there is a second freakscene every year on halloween even if it isnt a wednesday.

and I swear to god if I dont get a prize or at least a nomination this year Im punching faces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

freakscene for me. Gotta decide on my costume,

I might be totally original and go as the Joker?

or something that the rest of the world isn't going as!!!

freakscene for me. Gotta decide on my costume,

I might be totally original and go as the Joker?

or something that the rest of the world isn't going as!!!

We're actually gonna do pools on how many Jokers there'll be. I'd say at least 7. Possibly one dressed as a nurse.

Haha well I'm always up for sharing a cab to Bishopstown if anyone else is coming this way after. :)

We're actually gonna do pools on how many Jokers there'll be. I'd say at least 7. Possibly one dressed as a nurse.

I would think 13 with
    4 as the nurse.
    1 in the old joker style
    the rest as Heath Joker.

I might get a wig and go as Heath Ledger just to piss people off!!!

Haha well I'm always up for sharing a cab to Bishopstown if anyone else is coming this way after. :)

I'm not gonna fit in a cab this year :D

Just a heads up for anyone thinking of going to freakscene - Tickets are on sale in the brog at the mo I think. They are 12 yoyos. Just in case u come on the night and it's full!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

I'm not gonna fit in a cab this year :D

YOURE NOT?!?

im not sure I can face trashing my costume at the end of the night again, not sure what id do with it though, maybe put it on ebay...

im going to lowball the joker bet and say 5 jokers, between types. probably one nurse and one old school. oh and one so bad it only even kinda looks like joker. and he will be proud that he made his costume in 20 minutes before leaving the house. cock.

I am gonna bring my camera nad take candid photo's of all the jokers I see.

Hopefully I will be drunk enough to think there are 13 cos then I win!!!

DJ Hafez wrote: »
    Just a heads up for anyone thinking of going to freakscene - Tickets are on sale in the brog at the mo I think. They are 12 yoyos. Just in case u come on the night and it's full!

:eek:

Balls, I'll have to make a trip to town. I didn't get one last year, the bouncer let me in because he liked my costume :D

Thanks for the heads up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Some want to do the CIT Bondi thing, I despise Bondi - I'm trying for Gorbys/Freakscene.

As for cotumes I got this;

wismjl.jpg

Advertisement