Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help Needed - Halfords

Options
  • 13-10-2008 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭

hi all,
    Need to get small scratch repaired on car roof asap-based in limerick-does anyone know if the place in limerick does them? and if so how much?-also slight scuff on 1 alloy - can only find english website and does not give me limerick shop info?>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

Their site seems to be down.

Eircom phonebook Halfords Uk (Limerick Office)

City East Retail Park Tipperary rd Limerick

(061)423650

DIY - I wouldn't let any of them near my own car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

TomMc wrote: »
    DIY - I wouldn't let any of them near my own car.

Second that wouldnt let them change a bulb in my car!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Second that wouldnt let them change a bulb in my car!

Not at bloody 7.50 or whatever they charge. To this day that add on Dave makes me laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,968 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I don't think Halfords do scratch repairs OR alloy reconditioning anywhere in Ireland? They sell kits for the former but I doubt the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

MYOB wrote: »
    I don't think Halfords do scratch repairs OR alloy reconditioning anywhere? They sell kits for the former but I doubt the latter.

Lol, you haven't seen the add so.

"Oh, it's just a little sratch, will soon sort that, *spray gun over it*, *quick buff*, And we're done, good as new"

My arse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,968 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I edited to add "in ireland" while you were replying. Haven't seen it mentioned or offered in any of their Irish branches, and tbh I wouldn't let a staff member touch my car; particularly after one of them told me it "didn't have an oil filter" and tried to sell me an air filter for the 1980s model...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Halfords is to motoring as Mc Donalds is to Restaurants. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

I suppose but they are dearer than the local motorfactors for A LOT of stuff. (RIPspeed not included :D)

I have a wander around the store sometimes when im near them and their bargain bin has to be the funniest blue anodised grills they couldn't sell and sparco pedal sets (missing a pedal):D:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

:DYUP sounds about right! took me 3 visits to get a stereo fitted,took about 5 minutes,and they mumbled something about comission,the stereo came with free fitting,and they didnt want to leave the floor incase they lost a sale!!!! might be the companies fault not mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Don't let Halfords near your car if you value it.

If you need to have body work repaired or painted then I recommend Francis Christy in Jansboro (behind the Spotted Dog pub).

For alloy wheel repair then try Collins' garage behind the Texaco filling station in Ballineety.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭victor1

cheers for info lads, need to repair a small thin scratch about 8cms on roof, if i get colour match myself is there much to doing a diy myself??, from above posts halfords dont come recommended to do the scratch repair?

Advertisement