Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need A New Sport

Options
  • 13-10-2008 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭

Bored of running and light weights so looking for something to join to push myself. Any ideas and places? I love going solo or being with as little people as possible during sport. (It's my peace time!) So any suggestions however wacky are welcomed:)

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

male or female? It really does make a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

if you have a bike and can swim triathlon might be good for you, if you don't swim so well then duathlon is an option. Just ask in the marathon/tri forum here to get you started.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭cluelessx2

Cork SubAqua Club are opening up for new members. While it is a club sport, diving isn't exactly a pastime during which you chat lots so you get plenty of peacetime! The club plan on recruiting 14 new divers and training them on Wed nights in Oct, Nov and Dec. Take a look at www.Corksac.com. There's a telephone no too, but I don't really want to post it up here, PM me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Prowetod

Possibly Mountain Biking?

Cork MTB Club: http://www.mbcc.ie/forum/index.php

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Brianb8802

Squash is a really good sport for pushing yourself. Increases strength, flexibility and fitness. Mostly you would be playing with others, but i have played loads on my own and still get a good work out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Hardrain

Im a fella last time I checked:D Cheers for all the mentions so far!! Much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Energizeer

Squash all the way. I took it up a couple of months ago and I'm hooked. And until now I hated all ball sports. Wish I started when I was younger...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

Try kickboxing, or tae kwon do or any martial art. Took up Tae recently and i think its brilliant. Takes a lot more fitness than i thought. But i might just be unfit.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,693 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Surfing. Great workout, great craic, plenty of 'peace time' when waiting for a wave, and cork has some great spots.

Advertisement