Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question about Moderators...

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Overheal wrote: »
    No, I just bitch and moan when they don't consider Overheal. There was that one time though when I had a thread made in my honor...but the fúckers locked it :( I HAVE RIGHTS
    Yeah well in a recession we can't be seen to be giving jobs to foreigners now can we....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

No, I just bitch and moan when they don't consider Overheal. There was that one time though when I had a thread made in my honor...but the fúckers locked it :( I HAVE RIGHTS

it's because you're American. I mean, it must be, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

An Fhile wrote: »
    Has anyone emerged as the "next 6th" yet?
    As in, a campaigner to be the next up-and-coming-mod?

i did the amp test

gota few laughs but no promotion

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

An Fhile wrote: »
    Has anyone emerged as the "next 6th" yet?
    As in, a campaigner to be the next up-and-coming-mod?

There will only ever be one me!

I'm had plenty of threads about me locked .... strangely the one about me date rapping Az was left open?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

6th wrote: »
    Maybe until 7th comes along.

I heard he's awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

6th wrote: »

I'm had plenty of threads about me locked .... strangely the one about me date rapping Az was left open?

date rapping? "My name is 6th, and I'm on top of my game, I'll put it inside you and you'll never be the same" - that kind of thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Dades wrote: »
    Maybe until 7th comes along.

I heard he's awesome.

He already popped up when I was away for a bit ... he was "meh".
    tbh wrote: »
    date rapping? "My name is 6th, and I'm on top of my game, I'll put it inside you and you'll never be the same" - that kind of thing?

Kinda ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭doingmybit

Hi Lads, can anyone explain how you become a moderator and how you get the different ratings on your title. eg. the amount of stars after your name and the colour of those stars?????:confused:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

doingmybit wrote: »
    Hi Lads, can anyone explain how you become a moderator and how you get the different ratings on your title. eg. the amount of stars after your name and the colour of those stars?????:confused:

I did it by shamelessly postwhoring.
    Those who agree must +1.

I did it by shamelessly postwhoring.
    Those who agree must +1.

So the more posts the more stars and so on.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

So the more posts the more stars and so on.:confused:

http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/Stars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

It's kinda like the stonecutters. You gotta be the son of a mod or save the life of a mod.

Then they all spend a night paddling you.

orestes wrote: »
    It's kinda like the stonecutters. You gotta be the son of a mod or save the life of a mod.

Then they all spend a night paddling you.

With what do they paddle you with. A mouse or laptop:D

• Registered Users Posts: 83,235 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

With what do they paddle you with. A mouse or laptop:D
    Nipple Clamps and a crackwhip

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Serious answer- there doesn't seem to be definate list of reasons people are modded.

As for the spanking,me and doom hit Orestes with a commodore64 keyboard wrapped in barbed wire for 7 hours before he got in.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

People generally get modded for a number reasons, including:

- They proposed a new forum which was created. Posting that you wish to moderate the forum automatically disqualifies you.
    - They are asked to co-mod a newly created forum where the existing mod may not have previous mod experience and requires a liitle guidance.
    - They have a record of good quality posts in a forum that they post in regularly which requires a new mod.
    - They win a raffle prize to be a mod for a day, and somehow end up with the job full time :D

New moderators are normally recommended by existing mods in the forum, but the Admins have the final say on whether they are appointed or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

And in Zaph's case you get to mod a certain forum as a cruel form of torture.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Says the Fitness mod :P

So this is the place where all the mods hang out.
    Soooooooo, if i were to play my cards right, and hand out a few brown envelopes to a few certain people here, welllllllllllllll. and maybe be nice to ye all here, and kinda, well, be around ye and hang out with ye, then can i be a moderator as well. Can i, can I
    Please, please, please, you can even paddle me with, well maybe not a commodore 64 keyboard but with the spectrim 128k.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

amptest.jpg
    Amp wrote:
    Ah yes [interested user], thank you for your offer [to become a mod]. If could just answer the following questions:

* 1. Do you have experience in a leadership position (manager in McDonalds doesn't count)?

* 2. Do you often have maniacal thoughts of world domination?

* 3. Do you often arrive home late at night, drunk out of your skull, go on to the boards and have the urge to call people names and then give out tons of karma, before puking up on your keyboard?'

* 4. Do you wear a tin-foil hat?

* 5. Can you speak fluent |33t5p3@k?

* 6. Have you taped up your windows to prevent sunlight from obscuring your monitor?

* 7. Can your trouser legs be easily rolled up?

* 8. Do you feel that somehow you are out of place and that somewhere there is a group of people that feel the same and that you can relate to and find some meaning in the world without the need for worldly goods?

Thank you for your time, please send your application, along with your worldly goods to:

Dianetics International, Abbey Street, Dublin 1.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Nipple Clamps and a crackwhip
    That was the best night of my life! :cool:

Advertisement