Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What anime are you watching or manga are you reading?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭Evade

Eighty-Six didn't really hold back
    I thought the last of Spearhead Squadron would make it to next season heads still attached but they're worse than dead. I can't see Lena being a normal Handler again, I wonder if she'll be assigned to a frontline base.

An interesting little tidbit I stole from Reddit, it can't be coincidence right? Last episode spoilers in the images.
    https://i.imgur.com/baCpNzH.png
    https://i.imgur.com/3Ua1CHf.png
    https://i.imgur.com/RdUeux7.png
    https://i.imgur.com/ill8p60.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Tanya the Evil is back and I'm so happy for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Nody wrote: »
    Tanya the Evil is back and I'm so happy for it...

Good to see they did the African arc as an ova after skipping it for the movie.

Glad to see a second season green lit too.

I realised today I'm oddly invested in Farewell my Dear Cramer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,975 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm about 2/3's of the way through Bleach again, at the stage where it goes from good ole 4:3 to 16:10, and shortly after the death of Szayelaporro. My god, I remember the first time I saw this and it had the exact same effect again, what an absolute horrible way to go. I genuinely felt bad for him, but reading about him gives his backstory and he deserved it in the end, but I don't think any other death scene is as impactful or just down right evil.

For anyone that hasn't watch it but is intrigued, the "good" guy
    gave Szayelaporro a concentrated version of a drug that increases awareness and makes time appear to slow down. He then had about a 5 minute chat while Szayelaporro was frozen on the spot, but in his mind centuries were passing. He couldn't understand what the good guy was saying because it was so slow, and was watching a sword go through his hand and into his heart over the space of what felt like centuries. Imagine a really concentrated version of Go-Slow from Dredd! Horrible way to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Only now finding out Princess Principal: Crown Handler pt 1 was added to HiDive here a few weeks back

https://www.hidive.com/movies/princess-principal-crown-handler-1

May rewatch the whole series before dipping in, such a criminally under-rated show.

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Only now finding out Princess Principal: Crown Handler pt 1 was added to HiDive here a few weeks back

https://www.hidive.com/movies/princess-principal-crown-handler-1

May rewatch the whole series before dipping in, such a criminally under-rated show.

All the movies/ovas are going to be added to Hidive as they're released.

I wasn't expecting Mappa to outsource the ending of Zombieland Saga to Trigger but... ok.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Just finished Record of Ragnarok (Netflix); love the animation style esp. of the main Valkyrie. Bit annoyed it ends where it does but looking forward to more of it.

86 season 2 is coming in October. There's a recap episode out this week but it might be worth watching the post credits scene
    it looks like a peek at Shin's new juggernaut.

• Advertisement

Ploughed through all 12 eps of Slime Diaries the last two days. I think I might like it a little more than the regular series, but then again I have a soft spot for slice-of-life shows. It just allowed a lot more depth to the cast, showing them interacting with each other.

And just realising the past week we are at the end of another season....did it just crop up on everyone else too? Still a good few shows from this season I had on a "I need to watch that soon" list.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Nody wrote: »
    Just finished Record of Ragnarok (Netflix); love the animation style esp. of the main Valkyrie. Bit annoyed it ends where it does but looking forward to more of it.

Same as,really enjoyed the fight scenes and buildups

Started on season 5 of Seven Sins on Netflix but have to go slowly as I got other things to do and I'm afraid I'll binge it all in one evening if not :P

I don't think you will, there's a quality drop after season 2 or 3, and it's annoying enough to make you stop then at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Watching Ace Attorney season 1. Meant to get back to it before now after finishing the second game.

Despite the budget issues So I'm a Spider was still pretty good.
    I was right about the suspiciously silent white girl she was Kumoko and as it turns out the bad guys were really the good guys, except Hugo he's still a massive dick. I have to wonder how much Sensei knows about Potimass' true identity now.

Between this and Slime anime really is diluting the title demon lord.

EDIT: Vol 1-10 of the manga is out in a collected edition at the end of the month so I pre-ordered it.

Evade wrote: »
    Despite the budget issues So I'm a Spider was still pretty good.
    I was right about the suspiciously silent white girl she was Kumoko and as it turns out the bad guys were really the good guys, except Hugo he's still a massive dick. I have to wonder how much Sensei knows about Potimass' true identity now.

Between this and Slime anime really is diluting the title demon lord.

EDIT: Vol 1-10 of the manga is out in a collected edition at the end of the month so I pre-ordered it.

The crappy cg in the later episodes isn't down to budget issues, it was outsourced and what came back was so bad it was unusable. The poor cg was done in a rush so didn't have enough time to do to the standard of earlier episodes. Expect it to be fixed for the home video release.

Marathoned Oddtaxi, its damn good. A great mystery show mixed with criminal elements and a cast of at first unconnected characters who end up more connected than you think. Some Durarararararararararara! vibes from it.

Need to watch Vivy before the new season starts in gusto, heard its pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,206 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I cant remember was it a manga or anime i watched but it involves 3 characters

1x character wanted to be a knight (he's a trainee knight) but was actually secretly a king and his siblings have pink hair (they are also kings) He fights with fists

1x character was a girl that has plant powers and this little flower that shows up the odd time

I'm pretty sure it's an anime and came out recently, any idea what's the name?

I don't think I've seen that anime. Do you remember any other details?

• Advertisement

Evade wrote: »
    I don't think I've seen that anime. Do you remember any other details?

On one episode the main protagonist jumps down a hole and is underground and comes across a tree which brings him back to his child hood where he sees his pink hair siblings (other kings) and faces a overwhelming ex knight and gets really beaten up but the girl who controls plants has great healing powers and heals him

Headshot wrote: »
    On one episode the main protagonist jumps down a hole and is underground and comes across a tree which brings him back to his child hood where he sees his pink hair siblings (other kings) and faces a overwhelming ex knight and gets really beaten up but the girl who controls plants has great healing powers and heals him

There's also a character with a human body but with wings and delivers messages to the main protagonist

protagonist wants to be like his idol who's one of the most powerful knights

protagonist punches a government official and gets in trouble

protagonist wants to solo fight all the time and his friend who's stronger struggles with letting him do this

they travel around doing good knight deeds to get points for qualification

Its really driving me nuts, i cannot find this! Did I just imagine all of this? Feels like it at this stage

Doesn't quite match, but it's not "The 8th Son? Are you kidding me?"

Doesn't quite match, but it's not "The 8th Son? Are you kidding me?"

God no

Thanks for trying anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

I finished watching Higehiro: After Being Rejected, I Shaved and Took in a High School Runaway (Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikosei wo Hirou) *takes breath*

I enjoyed it, would recommend if you're looking for some slice of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

I finished watching this a little while ago. I think this is the first Chinese anime I've watched that I'd highly rate. Not that I've watched all that many (if any at all!) before this. The story and characters were very good. The story had a lot of mystery that really pulled me in and made me want to care about the characters as well. I'd definitely recommend giving this one a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

~1/3 way through Monster, its set in Germany in the 80's

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Peach Boy Riverside; was not sure if it was worth it but episode 5 sure answered that question in spades!

I've been meaning to watch that, I'll have to catch up tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Finished up Record of Ragnarok the other day. It's good, no real fluff, and straight into the action. I wasn't sure about it at the start, but by the 3rd episode I was invested. Good idea, and the fights are pretty good too. Looking forward to more of it.

Also got up to date with Welcome to Demon School Iruma-kun. I was trying to wait until the whole season was out, but I ran out of stuff so watched it. It's possibly the most feel good anime out there at the moment, I catch myself smiling widely quite often. Clara is still nuts and I love her, but each character is coming into their own and it's all really well put together, if not a bit on the childish side!

Advertisement