Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What anime are you watching or manga are you reading?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I used to watch them religiously. It's the anime that made me fell in love with J-Rock band, MOVE. I think I may have stopped on the episode where the Protag had seen his girl stepped into a car of an older man (Is she a hooker?).

I better read the Manga, to get me re-acquainted again with the series.

Yep, a hooker. Well, the Japanese call it Enkō, which is old sugar daddies buying young wans fancy gifts and are rewarded for it :D.

Flicking around on Netflix yeserday and I noticed they are removing the first 4 stages tomorrow :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

lol, welcome to the Kanto Desert dude :P

One of my fave shows, even the more serious 2nd half. Was half tempted to attempt a Sunabouzu cosplay not too long ago.

On episode 13 really starting to get into now

• Registered Users Posts: 19 carter2

I am currently watching Ushio and Tora and Hellsing
    Great anime series to watch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭megaten

Watched Redline. There was a few weaknesses in terms of the plot but overall I though it was incredible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭Supermensch

I finally succumbed to the suggestions of top anime lists and am watching Neon Genesis Evangelion. The intro is too bloody catchy.

Also reading One Piece. Very shouen, I'm enjoying it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

The odd episode of Gintama is helping me survive the horrors of final year in college. Other than that Magi and From the New World are great shows from this season. Great season overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 rlsniper789

I received the Devil May Cry series yesterday, watched 2 episodes so far and it seems really solid. I also plan on buying some volumes of Death Note on Sunday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just finished dessert punk,really enjoyed it,dunno what to watch next !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Watching Strain: Strategic Armored Infantry now

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Waterlilie

I am not an anime fan but watched "Vampire Knight Guilty" because of my brother.
    Usually I don't like vampire movies/series but this one was quite good.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 7 Gerardo_12

I'm reading Naruto and watching Fairy Tail. My favorite character in Fairy Tail is Erza Scarlet.

Started watching Sword Art Online on Friday, I'm on episode 15 now. I fecking love it so much T_T It makes me happy then sad then happy then sad etc ;_;
    Episode 14 was really emotional, had me produce a tear......or 2

Finished Watching Strain: Strategic Armored Infantry,watching night raid 1931 now,good so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I just re-read the first arc of Cardcaptor Sakura and now I'm starting the second arc (which I've never read before).

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gabriele

Started watching Sword Art Online on Friday, I'm on episode 15 now. I fecking love it so much T_T It makes me happy then sad then happy then sad etc ;_;
    Episode 14 was really emotional, had me produce a tear......or 2

It is extremely good!!!!, one of the best new release of 2012

I know! Can't wait for Episode 25 and (hopefully) there'll be a season 2 featuring Gun Gale Online

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gabriele

I know! Can't wait for Episode 25 and (hopefully) there'll be a season 2 featuring Gun Gale Online

I am trying to don't leave spoilers around, but honestly i like the way they are developping the story itself, it's over, but it's not, and then something new comes up and here we go another story with his development.... honestly after ep 24 i am not sure what will happen, for a couple of time i have already said to myself, ok it is now over, but then other 10 eps came out :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,713 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Baki son of ogre is pure epic

Yujiro Hanma has to be one of my favourite characters ever

WATCHING VANguard now,loving it so far :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Got Black Lagoon as a pressie so making me way through that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭GarH

I'm finally up to date on Naruto, so I've now moved onto Bleach.
    Really enjoying it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

Initial D Fifth Stage - First 4 episodes have aired and so far so good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Natsu83

Watching bleach, thank god its nearly over, the story line is beginning to drag out. it should have ended already. then there is naruto. its filler is muck, but the main story is good, this includes naruto shippidon. Finished watching claymore, anyone know if there is a second season in the cards? one piece too, around episode 285 i think. good so far, even better in later episodes im told. but my personal favorite at the minute has to be fairy tail, just outrageous fun. when its funny its hysterical, when its dramatic it cuts into your core, you feel for the characters dilemma.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I just caught up with all 4 (released) episodes of Initial D: 5th Stage. I'm not in as much awe as I was when I watched the previous 4 stages, though, but it's still a good show.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BrianG23

Skip the fillers of Naruto. It's the only option. One Piece is the best out of them btw. Just...skip the fillers/ Naruto is a horrible disappointment atm in the manga.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Hagakure_irl

Not too sure what to start off with this year, I was thinking of Gundam Wing again. I'd like something new though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

Just finished Steins;Gate and A Certain Magical Index. Enjoyed them both, I though Steins;Gate was very clever.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Bedshaped

Wandered into Forbidden Planet for the first time in about a decade recently and bought up the first 3 Volumes of 20th Century Boys which I'm loving to pieces right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I watched Nekomonogatari Black, so now I'm watching Bakemonogatari.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭gian

Sword Art Online, Rebuild of Evangelion, and after 14 years im rewatching one of my favorite anime Gundam Wing

• Advertisement

Finished up Black Lagoon (soooooooo good, hurry up Roberta's Blood Trail) and The World God Only Knows (odd but enjoyed it more than I thought I would, have to love Keimas little fantasies when he gives his proclomations). Wanted something a bit more low key so watching Hanasaku Iroha, nice show and continues PA Works trend of incredibly detailed backdrops (same with TariTari).

Since the Winter Season is upon us, only show to catch my eye in the new lineup is Mayou, the classic "one Hero rises to defeat the Demon Lords" story from almost every action series/JRPG but twisted to point out how such a war would disrupt the world (outside of the obvious fighting and death and what-not).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

Recently I've watched SOA, Btooom and now watching The Unlimited

I'm reading Fruits Basket. I've just finished volume 11. Man, I hate Akitooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Just in case people didnt know, Summer Wars is playing on Sky Movies Premiere from tomorrow at 8am and 4:15pm. Looking forward to it as The Girl Who Leapt Through Time was great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Just in case people didnt know, Summer Wars is playing on Sky Movies Premiere from tomorrow at 8am and 4:15pm. Looking forward to it as The Girl Who Leapt Through Time was great.

It's great.

Got FMA: Brotherhood last Monday, just finished it today. So.....so damn awesome a series.

Originally watched 30 or so episodes of the original FMA years ago so was odd to see the shaken up storylines
    the fight with Scar where Ed loses his automail and Al gets the hole torn in him was quite late in FMA but one of the first episodes in FMA:B

I started reading the Evangelion manga. So far it's pretty identical to the anime. I'm sure it's going to be pretty close the whole way through, but hey.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

started watching elfen lied

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Brace yourself for positivity and optimism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

Nearly finished with Cardcaptor Sakura and started Sailor Moon. I didn't watch either when I was a wee lad because I found them too girly.

WHAT IS MY LIFE?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Brace yourself for positivity and optimism.

Hmm? reveal your in joke damn you! :D

watching gunslinger girl atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Been reading Rookies, and what an Absolute Riot it is!

The closest thing to Slam Dunk IMO.

If you had Fun with Sakuragi and his Gang of Basketball Deliquents, then you'll fit right in with Kawato and his Unruly Baseball Thugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

ive read through bakuman 1-4 and is awesome so far

watching one piece for the first time and loving it

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Leopard_Star

Im reading Naruto and love it because i've loved watching it since I was small..
    Im also reading PPGD.Its about the Powerpuff girls,Dexters lab etc..I know that's childish and sounds boring but im actually finding it really interesting and sad etc so far.Its good lol,remembering the childhood charachters I loved to watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Amazing first episode...shame about the rest >_>

Just a heads up for people, Manga put out their releases for the next few months if anyone is intrested.
    April

* Fullmetal Alchemist The Movie: Conqueror of Shamballa (Blu-Ray): 1st April.
    * Fullmetal Alchemist The Movie Double Pack: Conqueror of Shamballa and Sacred Star of Milos (Blu-Ray): 1st April.
    * Persona 4: The Animation - Volume 2 (Double Play): 1st April.
    * Okami-San and Her Seven Companions (DVD): 8th April.
    * Fractale (DVD): 15th April.
    * Loups=Garous (DVD & Double Play): 15th April.
    * King of Thorn (DVD & Double Play): 22nd April.
    * Tiger & Bunny - Part 2 (Double Play): 22nd April.
    * Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood - Volume 3 (Blu-Ray): 29th April.

May

* Cat Planet Cuties (DVD): 6th May.
    * Penguindrum (DVD): 6th May.
    * Black Rock Shooter (DVD): 13th May.
    * Bleach - Series 10 (DVD): 13th May.
    * Dragonball Z - Series 7 (DVD): 13th May.
    * Street Fighter II: The Movie (Blu-Ray): 13th May.
    * Hellsing Ultimate - Volumes 5-8 (DVD & Blu-Ray): 20th May.
    * K-On!! - Series 2, Part 1: Ep. 1-13 (DVD): 20th May.
    * Bakuman - Season 1 (DVD): 27th May.
    * Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood - Volume 4 (Blu-Ray): 27th May.
    * Highschool of the Dead: Drifters of the Dead (DVD & Blu-Ray): 27th May.
    * One Piece - Collection 1, Ep. 1-26 (DVD): 27th May.

June
    * Naruto Shippuden – Collection 13, Ep. 149-160 (DVD): 3rd June.
    * Naruto Shippuden – Complete Box Set 3 (DVD): 3rd June.
    * Shiki: Complete Collection (DVD): 3rd June.
    * Blood C: Complete Series (DVD): 10th June.
    * Fairy Tail – Box Set 1, Ep. 1-52 (DVD): 17th June.
    * Last Exile – Season 1 (DVD): 17th June.
    * Un-Go: Complete Series (Double Play): 17th June.
    * Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood – Volume 5 (Blu-Ray): 24th June.
    * Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood – Complete Collection (Blu-Ray): 24th June.

I'm watching Rumbling Hearts. I'm just one episode in and I'm not sure if I like it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

just started "Deadman Wonderland" today.

Seems ok so far.

• Advertisement

Watching requiem for darkness now.

Advertisement