Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What anime are you watching or manga are you reading?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I'm currently catching up with Psycho-Pass, and so far I'm LOVING it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Nascimento

Just finished watching Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Part I and II.

Wow. Part II is one of the best films I've ever had the pleasure to see.

Also recently watched the first two Berserk movies - they were excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

I just finished Baccano which was AMAZINGG~!! I especially love Czeslaw, I wish it'd show him in a romantic relationship. I think he'd be kind of cute with Mary.
    I'm currently watching Mononoke. Oh my Gosh if you haven't seen it yet...do. right now. The art is very original and out of this world and the medicine seller (main character) is quite handsome ufufufu All the characters wear kimono's too so it's interesting in that aspect!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,383 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If anyone's interested, Kix(Sky channel 627) has started showing Dragon Ball Z Kai

CastorTroy wrote: »
    If anyone's interested, Kix(Sky channel 627) has started showing Dragon Ball Z Kai

I saw that! I kind of wanted to watch some to see what to fuss was about but my sisters called me a baby and took control of the remote.. TT.TT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,383 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Unless they took the remote to watch something on the level of Game of Thrones and not to watch some daytime soap or chat show, then it may be forgiveable. Otherwise they don't have a leg to stand on.

I have it sky plussed. Looks like it's 2 eps a day, 1 at 8am and 1 at 6pm with both on from 9pm during the week. At weekends 2 epsiodes a day from 10am, 6pm and 9pm. Seemingly not repeats of the week, but ongoing.

Do we have a thread here for when anime is on tv just to let people know? Like I know Kix also show Digimon Data Squad and Film 4 sometimes show anime movies, usually Ghibli but have shown Tekkonkinkreet and Paprika as well. Then Sky Movies showed Summer Wars.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Re-watching deathnote, then I'm going to watch steins gate and darker than black

Unless they took the remote to watch something on the level of Game of Thrones and not to watch some daytime soap or chat show, then it may be forgiveable. Otherwise they don't have a leg to stand on.

I have it sky plussed. Looks like it's 2 eps a day, 1 at 8am and 1 at 6pm with both on from 9pm during the week. At weekends 2 epsiodes a day from 10am, 6pm and 9pm. Seemingly not repeats of the week, but ongoing.

Do we have a thread here for when anime is on tv just to let people know? Like I know Kix also show Digimon Data Squad and Film 4 sometimes show anime movies, usually Ghibli but have shown Tekkonkinkreet and Paprika as well. Then Sky Movies showed Summer Wars.

They took the remote to watch something along the lines of Zoey 101 or Sabrina the teenage witch.
    And that thread sounds like a good idea! I haven't noticed one like it..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Lenmeister

Re-watching deathnote, then I'm going to watch steins gate and darker than black
    Darker Than Black = Epic. Wish they'd make another 2 seasons of that. And even moreso Black Lagoon, hard to find stuff as good as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BrianG23

Still reading Naruto...the last few chapters are what the manga should have been.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Watching burst angel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

You should start one up, but it might not have much content to it as Anime on the small screen is few and far between these days.

Was wondering myself about opening a Anime General Discussion thread, odd there isnt one but I guess people use the "what are ya watching" thread for that kind of stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭Supermensch

Watched Neon Genesis Evangelion, and also End Of Evangelion. Yeaaaah, I don't know, I enjoyed it in the same way I enjoyed Trigun, in that it was sort of fun, but I couldn't take it as serious as the series is made out to be.

Reading Undercurrent at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

Finally finished Cardcaptor Sakura. The second arc is amazing, it almost made me forgive how boring some of the earlier episodes were.

Watching Sailor Moon, Zeta Gundam and Gintama along with all the airing shows.

Gonna miss Jojo :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

finally finished deathnote after 2 years collecting the books , was brilliant.

trying to get around now and finish of bakuman and get up to date with one piece

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Been watching Hunter X Hunter on crunchyroll and have become seriously addicted - come on ep 71, hurry up...

Just caught up on Magi:Labyrinth of Magic and Blast of Tempest, two very good series and I highly recommend people take a look at.

Also, Crunchyroll are taking part in Global Shinkai Day to celebrate Makoto Shinkai's amazing work. They have "Voices of a Distant Star", "The Place Promised in our Early Days", "5 centimeters/second" and "Children Who Chase Lost Voices" up to stream for everyone all weekend.

I have seen Voices and 5cm/s before and both are wonderful films, so if you have a spare hour or two go watch some of these films.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

Having 3 kids means I don't normally have a lot of time for anime lately. But since I discovered the Crunchyroll app on my Samsung TV I've managed a lot more recently :) The series I've been enjoying recently:

Problem Children are Coming from Another World, aren't they?
    The Unlimited
    Shin Sekai Yori
    Poyopoyo <- The kids love this show as well and my eldest is only 6, so she can't really keep up with the subtitles!
    Sword Art Online
    Ixion Saga DT

Art_Wolf wrote: »
    Been watching Hunter X Hunter on crunchyroll and have become seriously addicted - come on ep 71, hurry up...
    Ahh the original was awesome! I tried to watch the remake but I think they changed the voices :(
    Yup 5cm has great artistry in it, really impressive.

Lenmeister wrote: »
    Yup 5cm has great artistry in it, really impressive.

Think thats something, heres the trailer for his next film out later this year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Watching fruit basket on netflix,the anime selection has gotten really bad lately,there not adding anything new and taking all the good stuff off like orphen,dragon slayers etc :mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 rlsniper789

Currently watching The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (in chronological order) and Black Lagoon. Really enjoying them so far :D

While trying to figure out something to watch while at my friends over the weekend, we threw on SquidGirl on Crunchyroll. Maaaannnn is this show hilarious and "squidaddle" has become my new favourite phrase :D

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Excedion

Just recently finished Fate/Zero. Have to say it has the highest drawing quality of any anime series i've watched, the drawing and detail is consistently great. Really loved the show and the character summons were really interesting, especially the Irish spearman and King Arthur. One thing I will say though the ending is bloody horrid as it has to tie in with Fate/Stay Night. Being a prequel and all :/ I'd compare it to death note, I found the ending was that bad when compared to the rest.

Also watched an anime recently called Oda Nobuna No Yabou, which is like an alternate history of the sengoku period where a high school student is transported back in time, and takes the place of "Monkey", the advisor to Oda Nobuna (female version of Oda Nobunanga). The battle scenes were amazing, the character development interesting and involving. Only problem is that theres only 12 episodes so far :/

Have given up on fruit baskets with 3 episodes to go,it was starting to wreck my head,I am now watching sword art online.anyone seen it?

Have given up on fruit baskets with 3 episodes to go,it was starting to wreck my head,I am now watching sword art online.anyone seen it?

Yeah, I thought it was good, not amazing but solid. Seems to be the devisive anime of 2012, either ya like it or loathe it. Liked they refrences to MMO communities and habits, such as 90% of the female avatars turning into guys when they are changed into their real world appearances.
    Have to say though, the 2nd half of the series is a bit dull, after they escape the "you die, you die" of SAO it loses its edge and the plot goes a bit bollocks "Save de girl, stop de baddie who is bad because he is bad" :rolleyes:

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Yeah, I thought it was good, not amazing but solid. Seems to be the devisive anime of 2012, either ya like it or loathe it. Liked they refrences to MMO communities and habits, such as 90% of the female avatars turning into guys when they are changed into their real world appearances.
    Have to say though, the 2nd half of the series is a bit dull, after they escape the "you die, you die" of SAO it loses its edge and the plot goes a bit bollocks "Save de girl, stop de baddie who is bad because he is bad" :rolleyes:

Ya I'm only two episodes in and I'm liking it,I also thought that since it was subbed it might annoy me because I'm so used to watching anime dubbed but so far so good :).

I stopped it at E17 or something. It's quite similar to .hack in some ways. Worth a watch anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MasterZidane

Just finished Psycho Pass, overall awesome, ending kinda let me down. Otherwise Fairy Tail and One Piece currently which are both currently awesome. Trafalgar Law please join the crew.

• Advertisement

Just finished Psycho Pass, overall awesome, ending kinda let me down. Otherwise Fairy Tail and One Piece currently which are both currently awesome. Trafalgar Law please join the crew.

Not for long anyways :D

Wait, I like it too :(

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Not for long anyways :D

Wait, I like it too :(

Its not too bad. Ending with awesome dragon fight. :D Its only on hiatus anyways coz they dont want to go and do another year of filler which is what all shows should do lookin at u naruto.

how many fillers hav they put into that war crazy. :rolleyes:

Well Bleach donated whole seasons and arcs to fillers... What I used to do is leave it for a month, maybe longer - depending how good your willpower is - then watch 5 episodes or more in a row. A lot more enjoyable imo. Like watching a whole season of 24 over 2 or 3 days!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Bigshanks

This season i've only picked up 2 shows due to university work "Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT" and "Kotoura-san", also waiting on episodes of Girls und panzer and Saki

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I find this incredibly odd. I really like Fairy Tail. It's the only anime I am watching consistently at the moment and yet. I cant justify why I like it so much. It is predictable, the characters are at times borderline anime tropes and the setting commits the same sin as naruto & Bleach as in using a word to essentially justify random *superpowers* and yet I still watch and still greatly enjoy fairy tail, while I gave up on naruto & bleach (well before it ended itself randomly) a long time ago but I stick with fairy tail quite easily.

The best excuse I can give is that Fairy Tail never drags, a fight scene will never drag on. The show seems to strictly keep the fights limited so they pace well within episodes and it gives the show more focus on characters.

But it is so by the numbers and yet, here I am when I take a break from work I throw on a random episode and watch it, even if I've seen it before

because?

bah!

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    The best excuse I can give is that Fairy Tail never drags, a fight scene will never drag on. The show seems to strictly keep the fights limited so they pace well within episodes and it gives the show more focus on characters.

But it is so by the numbers and yet, here I am when I take a break from work I throw on a random episode and watch it, even if I've seen it before

Id say its just the list of well developed likable characters compared to other animes. For me i like Laxus, Natsu, Grey, Lucy, Gajeel, Juvia, Gildarts, Lisanna, Jellal and happy. It helps that the main character natsu is silly but never annoyingly stupid like naruto sumtimes.

Plus they the writers really know how to nail the comedic moments. Juvias infatuation wit grey has been runnin for quite a while but is still hilarious at times.

Y Lisanna is not a center character in d anime as a love interest to natsu i just dnt knw.

• Advertisement

I started watching 'Black butler' and it's way better than I had imagined!! I'm crushing on Ciel~!

MomijiHime wrote: »
    I started watching 'Black butler' and it's way better than I had imagined!! I'm crushing on Ciel~!

I loved that series!

I've got two episodes left of sword art online,I loved it,any recommendations on what to watch next?

I loved that series!

I've got two episodes left of sword art online,I loved it,any recommendations on what to watch next?

I haven't watched sao yet but I think Baccano is similar to Black butler.. they're both set in the past and have paranormal and violent themes.

I haven't watched sao yet but I think Baccano is similar to Black butler.. they're both set in the past and have paranormal and violent themes.

I've seen baccano too,very very violent but also very good.Great opening music too.

I've seen baccano too,very very violent but also very good.Great opening music too.

I can't really think of any other anime like those two but I'm going to recommend Maria Holic because I love it. ;) Lots of people also don't like it though..

• Advertisement

I can't really think of any other anime like those two but I'm going to recommend Maria Holic because I love it. ;) Lots of people also don't like it though..

I'll give it look :).

Started watching gungrave,very good so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

Just finished "Another". Really enjoyed it. First anime I've ploughed through in a long time. Just finishing up the OVA now also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

son of a bitch!

they cancelled fairy tail

:(

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    son of a bitch!

they cancelled fairy tail

:(

Yup, it caught up to the manga. Rumours flying round on when it will be back, some are saying end of summer but wouldnt put it past them to give it a year or so of a lead. The whole series is gonna get re-run from April 5th so wonder if they will try cram it all into a short period of time or just cut the newer series in at a future time?

Though a lot of series I was watching ended this week: GJ Club, Girls und Panzer, Blast of Tempest, Mayou, and with magi looking like it has only another episode or 2 left. Gonna have to find some older series to watch as not too much in the next season that strikes me, might give A Certain Magical Index/Scientific Railgun a whirl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Watched Golgo 13 - The Professional last night. Excellent 80s cheese! Naff CG scenes though, makes you appreciate the stuff you see in the likes of Ghost In the Shell: Innocence so much more...

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭monkey tree

I'm watching Death Note at the minute, it's gripping. I'm pretty new to anime, I just finished The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I haven't watched the movie yet tho as I'm saving that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 pibijes

Its hard to top Death Note, probably my favourite of all time. I just finished watching Monster, slow to start but once it gets going its brilliant, Id recommend it if your enjoying Death Note. Just started watching Mushi Sushi and I'm still stuck into Naruto Shippuden.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭monkey tree

Thanks for the recommendation pibijes. I will def check out Monster. I'm almost at the end of Death Note actually so it will be nice to have something lined up for afters! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

For those who liked Death Note, I suggest you try watching Code Geass. Light and Lelouch are definitely Cut from the same Cloth.

As for Monster, I suggest you watch Mouryou no Hako. It's just as Disturbing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement