Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What anime are you watching or manga are you reading?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I'm watching Devil Survivor 2. I really like the game so I'm giving it a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Thomas-G wrote: »
    Still, The live-action Yamoto adaptation was afaik the highest grossing Japanese sci-fi film ever in Japan, so maybe we'll see our space epics return, instead of just down to earth (LOL PUN) stuff like Planetes and Space Bros
    Came here looking for some mecha, and I think this may fit the bill nicely. My search went from "Yamoto" to "Space Battleship Yamato 2199" to the original "Uchû senkan Yamato", to "Star Blazers", which seems to be the USA version of "Uchû senkan Yamato", but has 3 times more episodes according to IMDB... which is odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Wow, that lastest episode of Shingeki no Kyojin...
    That Titan sure looked a lot like Eren...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Theres 51 episodes of D gray man on netflixs and when I checked wiki theres actually a 103 episodes,pisses me off that they havent got all of them :mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AzN

Theres 51 episodes of D gray man on netflixs and when I checked wiki theres actually a 103 episodes,pisses me off that they havent got all of them :mad:.

Yeah there's 51 dubbed episodes you'll have to watch the rest subbed, i'm afrid the remaining episodes will never be dubbed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

AzN wrote: »
    Yeah there's 51 dubbed episodes you'll have to watch the rest subbed, i'm afrid the remaining episodes will never be dubbed.

I don't mind that its subbed,I just wish netflixs had it.It really is a great series and I've only 3 episodes left.

I see there's a second season of sword art online on crunchyroll,anyone watched it?I love the first season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

By 2nd season do you mean from about episodes 15 to 24 ish?
    Its ok, not as great as the first half of the series , especially as they reduce Asunas character to "save the princess"...and then there is episode 21....

Ahhhh that was probably what it was,it just showed up on the main page when I logged in.
    "Season 2 now available" or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

just started season 6 of naruto shipuuden.looking awesome so far

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

watching "Chihayafuru", "Usagi Drop" and "Arakawa under the Bridge".

Absolutely LOVING Chihayafuru!

• Advertisement

triseke wrote: »
    watching "Chihayafuru", "Usagi Drop" and "Arakawa under the Bridge".

Absolutely LOVING Chihayafuru!

Yup, who would have guessed a show about a hundreds year old Japanese card game could be so enthralling. The awesome opening song doesnt hurt either.

Just started "Monster" today, looks interesting so far. I don't care much for the artwork though.

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Yup, who would have guessed a show about a hundreds year old Japanese card game could be so enthralling. The awesome opening song doesnt hurt either.

It's been stuck in my head all day!

Samurai Champloo on episode 7,good so far,can only watch 1 or 2 episodes a day as we went over our 300gig by about limit last month by about 45 gigs and were charged for it and we've only about 100 or so gigs left until june 13th :o.

Samurai Champloo on episode 7,good so far,can only watch 1 or 2 episodes a day as we went over our 300gig by about limit last month by about 45 gigs and were charged for it and we've only about 100 or so gigs left until june 13th :o.

how on earth do u go over 300gigs

just rediscovered the fist of the north star.one of my all time favourite anime growing up and completely forgot all about it.now all i gotta do is dig out the gary daniels movie version

how on earth do u go over 300gigs

just rediscovered the fist of the north star.one of my all time favourite anime growing up and completely forgot all about it.now all i gotta do is dig out the gary daniels movie version

watching too much netflixs :o

Fist of the north star is a classic,I have most the volumes on vhs,missing a few though.

I'd go over 300gb before the fifteenth day haha cruncyroll 1080p eats up your limit if you have one.

Finished "Higashi no Eden" today. Felt it ended a bit suddenly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I found an old disc with the Read or Die OVA on it, I was a little concerned that I would find it terrible on a second viewing considering 10 years of changing tastes.

I'm surprised to see that not only does it hold up, it's cleverer than I remember.

90 minutes well spent!

• Advertisement

I found an old disc with the Read or Die OVA on it, I was a little concerned that I would find it terrible on a second viewing considering 10 years of changing tastes.

I'm surprised to see that not only does it hold up, it's cleverer than I remember.

90 minutes well spent!

ZE PAYYYYPAHHHHH!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Vojera wrote: »
    ZE PAYYYYPAHHHHH!

That's never not funny :pac:

The fact that the climax ends with 50 people chanting it absolutely slays me!

Seeing as Devil Survivor 2 is still airing and I've to wait each week for the new episode, I watched the first episode of My Ordinary Life this morning. It's weird (and reminds me of Azumanga) but I like it, so I think I'll finish the series.

Started watching "Maria Holic". I don't even.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

triseke wrote: »
    Started watching "Maria Holic". I don't even.

Amazing, isn't it? :D
    I watched 'The wolf children Ame and Yuki' on Wednesday. AME Y U BE A WOLF?STAY WITH UR FAMILY! TT__________TT

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Wiefi

Toradora! and Hyouka c:

super pumped for this summer's anime season!

• Advertisement

some Devil May Cry to get me through the morning

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I waited so I could watch Attack on Titan all in one go (eps 1-10 that is). Great show. Probably the best show in the last 5 years imo

I can finally get back to watching anime thursday ,when our limit is renewed :D,I was having withdrawal symptoms :-{.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

I'm really enjoying Attack on Titan. One of the best series I've watched in the last year at least.

I'm really enjoying Attack on Titan. One of the best series I've watched in the last year at least.

Definitely, it's a shame we have to wait one week per episode! cliffhangers are killing me.

• Advertisement

Is Attack on Tintan shounen and all fighting? Is there any romance? I'm contemplating whether to watch it or not..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

MomijiHime wrote: »
    Is Attack on Tintan shounen and all fighting? Is there any romance? I'm contemplating whether to watch it or not..

I don't think so.

I'm very Current on the Manga and it hasn't happened there.

There's certainly an Undercurrent of Feelings between Eren and his Adopted Sibling, Mikasa. But so far, it hasn't Blossomed into anything I would call as Romance.

If that's what you're looking for, then I wouldn't give "Attack on Titan" a Go. It's just going to Disappoint you.

Hope that Helps. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Wiefi

Just finished marathoning Attack on Titan and just wow. The story so far is really compelling and interesting! Rarely do I take interest in this type of genre but the characters, art style and general feel of the anime is just so good.

I also watched The Girl Who Lept Through Time today which was pretty neat too uwu

Just finished samurai champloo,some nice samurai action in it,gonna watch last exile next I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mentalist101

Currently watching and reading Kingdom as well as Paranoia Agent. Planning to re-watch Monster as it was really good.

I'm now up to date on 'Attack on Titan' and it is very good!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Recca Kusanagi

Been reading a lot of Chinese manhuas lately and I've gotta say they're nothing short of amazing compared to all these new predictable mangas. I'm keeping up with City of Darkness, Feng Shen Ji, The Lawless, Heroes of Spring & Autumn and Blood & Steel. This stuff is gold and deserves more attention imho.

Been reading a lot of Chinese manhuas lately and I've gotta say they're nothing short of amazing compared to all these new predictable mangas. I'm keeping up with City of Darkness, Feng Shen Ji, The Lawless, Heroes of Spring & Autumn and Blood & Steel. This stuff is gold and deserves more attention imho.

These are really great, do you also read them on <snip>?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

These are really great, do you also read them on <snip>?

Just a reminder to not mention the names of sites where you can view manga scans illegally on here please :)

Konata wrote: »
    Just a reminder to not mention the names of sites where you can view manga scans illegally on here please :)

Sorry :(

• Advertisement

About 16 episodes into last exile and its finally starting to get interesting :).

About 16 episodes into last exile and its finally starting to get interesting :).

Saw that it was released on Amazon and thought it looked interesting. What kind of style is it? Romance, action, slice of life :p

Saw that it was released on Amazon and thought it looked interesting. What kind of style is it? Romance, action, slice of life :p

A bit of all 3 :p

Do you use amazon to stream?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭ibstar

Reading Naruto (the only managa that I ever read), only reason for reading it is because I started in late '00s. Really hope it will finish this year tho.

A bit of all 3 :p

Do you use amazon to stream?

Hehe sounds like a nice combo :D

No streaming, just the boxset is out (does Amazon offer streaming from the UK store? USA is most likely region locked)

Found a review of the DVD, sounds like a class series http://www.uk-anime.net/anime/Last_Exile_-_Complete_Series_1_Collection.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Trying to catch up on Bleach at the moment. 100 + episodes to go...

Hehe sounds like a nice combo :D

No streaming, just the boxset is out (does Amazon offer streaming from the UK store? USA is most likely region locked)

Found a review of the DVD, sounds like a class series http://www.uk-anime.net/anime/Last_Exile_-_Complete_Series_1_Collection.html

Ya it's region locked,that's a cool website.

Immelman turn!

I love this show :D.

watchin outlaw star.2 words......Space Cowboys

Just finished last exile,what a great series.

• Advertisement

Started watching witch blade,interesting so far :pac:.

Advertisement